Official 2008 CLEVELAND INDIANS Season Thread (41-53): Momentum headed into the break.

Damn it! Get out.
mad.gif

Nobody's really sure.

He's not going to have surgery, but he hasn't really made any progress with rehab so it's kind of up in the air.

Asdrubal has 26 hits (.456) in 14 games at Buffalo.
eek.gif

This talk about the Brewers being in the Sabathia Sweepstakes has me really excited.

Ideal prospects in their organization:

Mat Gamel 3B: I saw him play two low A-ball games in West Virginia, and the South Atlantic League All-Star Game and Home Run Derby two years ago (which hesomehow managed to lose, despite hitting 15 in the second round). Anyway: .371/.432/.632, 15 HR, 66 RBI, 65 R, 5 SB right now in AA. He's Ryan Braun 2.0;can't play a lick of third base really (19 errors).

Matt LaPorta RF: Also saw him play, not in ASG, though. .294/.408/.603, 19, 59, 50, 1; also in AA.

Alcides Escobar SS: .328/.361/.436, 6, 45, 53, 5 (also 15 errors); AA.

Angel Salome C: Him too, ASG included. .351/.404/.541, 7, 51 (in 54 games), 37, 2; AA.

Tim Dillard RP: 6'4", 215 righty, 4-0, 2.12, 34.0 innings, 22 K, 13 BB, 1.29 WHIP; AAA.

That Huntsville AA team might be one of the best offensive minor league teams ever.
laugh.gif

Asdrubal is confusing me now...

but the kid needs take over SS soon. Peralta's range is just gona keep getting worse.

I have no idea on anyone's prospects involved in getting CC, but those #'s look good

The most overhyped team of 2008...the Cleveland Indians.

Didnt ESPN predict for them to go to the World Series? HAHAHAHAHA.

Trade for some bats....you MAY have a shot at getting to be respectable.

And once the team starts sucking again all the Indians "fans" go into ghost mode.

Funny for a city that loves calling themselves the best sports fans in the game.

Admit it, its Browns and then whoever else is winning, be it the Cvas or Indians.

Shut the hell up.

Go ghost?

As far as I can tell, KLJ, outacontrol and myself have been keeping this goin..

So...

Go kick rocks.

Yea, my bad, I've been busy. And I can't get games down in Cincy, it's all Reds down here and it makes me sick.

VARISOXFAN: What do you mean admit it? I've grown up near Cleveland my whole life and it's always been a football and baseball town, you're notgiving us some revelation here. There's nothing really to admit.

Stringer: great beer pic, pretty funny stuff man
laugh.gif

Cliff Lee for Cy Young?

Ghost mode as in the fans stop going to the games when they are playing like crap.

Have fun in last.

wink.gif

Red Sox have always put up good numbers in Fenway even when they werent making the playoffs and in the years when Darren Bragg was the best bat on the team.Sooooo, FAIL on that one....and showing a picture of the stands during a warmup makes a lot of sense, double eff.

Alright, my personal expectation of this team right now is to cut the division lead in half by the All-Star break (8.0 now, so 4.0 or less), which is 15 gamesaway.

We'd have to win at least 11 of the 15 to be at .500.

sick.gif

Buster Onley called out the Tribe this morning on Mike & Mike (which never has Mike & Mike on there
eyes.gif
). While the rest of the AL beasted inInterleague play, the Tribe ate booty.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom