Official 2008 CLEVELAND INDIANS Season Thread (41-53): Momentum headed into the break.

laugh.gif

Yes, Byrd probably is expendable at this point..and I think he'd be a nice option for you guys.

Yeah, big shocker, right?

If we traded Byrd and didn't get a starting pitcher back, I think Elarton moving into the rotation would be the best option.

Oh, we signed Morgan Ensberg and sent him to Buffalo, which opens speculation about possibly shopping Blake. It seems like the organization has all but givenup on Marte, and we have Wes Hodges in AA batting .322 with 8 HR and 53 RBI, so who knows what happens there.

Part of me wants to go get a bat and try to win this thing.

Too much talent here to just give up.

But then nights like tonight, I just say !%$+ it and deal some of these guys.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Oh, we signed Morgan Ensberg and sent him to Buffalo, which opens speculation about possibly shopping Blake. It seems like the organization has all but given up on Marte, and we have Wes Hodges in AA batting .322 with 8 HR and 53 RBI, so who knows what happens there.

Hope he does a lot more for your Indians than he did for my Yankees. Dude didn't do diddly poo. Waste of space on the bench.

Just to solidify the backup catcher spot because Haad is awful.

I still can't believe we traded away Max Ramirez last season. .352/1.090, 15, 46 in AA ball right now.
eyes.gif

I read forums and people want Wedge fired?

Idiots..while I may not agree with everything, I love Wedge...and would like to see him around for a while, a long while.

This year is not on him.

One of my buddies' dads said that last night, too; said if you watch the hitters, they have no idea what they want to do at the plate.

I just kept my mouth shut.

This is on Wedge. Same talent, less production = Manager's fault.

His job is to motivate and have guys in the right spots. Lets figure out which one he is failing to do.

Last year, everything broke perfectly...

It being the same cast, almost exactly..IS a problem....we needed to add depth, another bat. And some insurance at spots.

I like Shapiro too and want him around for a while, but he didn't add anything to a title contending team that lost in the ALCS...bad move.

Add in all the injuries, I don't see how it can be on Wedge. Some yes, but not the majority.

This is on Wedge. Same talent, less production = Manager's fault.
It doesn't work like that in baseball.

Hafner and Victor have clearly had down seasons when they've been healthy, and C.C. started off that way; those are three of the four faces of theCleveland Indians. Is that Wedge's fault?

The entire bullpen has been pathetic. There's no mixing it up and seeing who fits where if they all suck. Is that Wedge's fault?

Injuries. Wedge's fault?

If you want to say that we don't have the right personnel, fine. But again, is that Wedge's fault?

No.

Players have bad stretches, and sometimes bad seasons; that's just how it works. The bottom line is, Wedge is doing what he can right now.

More often than not, it's the players' faults. Almost always, the manager/coaches still get blamed. This is no different.

I'd say..

Players are to blame the most. They just aren't performing.

Then Shapiro/Wedge.

One thing with managers/coaches....If you got a good one (like Wedge) you gota be loyal and patient. In the end, it will pay off.

when's Fausto coming back?
As of last week, he was suppose to be back sometime within the next week. Unfortunately, after a bullpen session Wednesday, he experienced morepain, and now his two minor league rehab starts have been scratched and he's being completely shut down for a few days.

baseball managers are somewhat overrated anyway. you can almost just "go by the book" and be fine.

the difference in a good manager and a bad manager maybe 5-10 wins.

Yeah, I was talkin out my...

injuries def playin a part.

But its like every time this team has had expectations they fold. This year, 2006...etc Its like on one year, off the next....
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom