Official: 2008 Fantasy Baseball Thread *Sticky?*

I agree on Andruw Jones...I don't see him breaking out anytime soon, especially being moved around in the lineup the way he is.

In other news, pick up SP Max Scherzer, ARI...the next superstar prospect...pitched 4 1/3 innings of relief on Tuesday with 7 K's...will get 2 starts nextweek.

Yeah I put in a waiver claim for him on both my leagues but I'm pretty low on the priority list. Hopefully I'll get him in at least one.

Buy or sell on Beltran? Buy or sell Pence?

Both these guys, I banked on at least producing something... and they're both giving me nothing. I want to package a deal but who should I hold on to andwho should I try to trade away? Oh and I need SBs too.

wrht9d.png

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What have you guys done with Joba?

I have him in a 14-person league.
It's tough for Joba....I mean, he's definitely helping your Ks, and WHIP/ERA ratios....so he's valuable now as a reliever, anyways. Heshould be in the rotation by mid-season though, especially the way Hank is talking. However, the Yankees only need a 5th starter 3 times during the month ofMay, so I don't see him moving to the rotation for at least another month.

Looks like Tulowitzki will be out for a couple of months. Who would be a decent replacement? Not like Tulo was putting up great stats anyway. Bobby Crosby,Erick Aybar, Ronny Cedeno are available in my league.
laugh.gif

None of those guys are having seasons to laugh at, but Cedeno is on a team that has three other guys that play the middle infield positions along with him.

I'd go with Aybar.

I would go with Crosby. I just think this is gonna be the year he stays healthy and watching him so far, he hits the ball hard almost every at bat. Andhe's been doing well w/ runners on.

Originally Posted by gmoney771981

I have too many 1B. Should I trade Helton or Mike Jacobs?

That's tough...I think Jacobs has more upside and you could probably get more value in a trade for Helton just because of his name.
Looks like Tulowitzki will be out for a couple of months. Who would be a decent replacement? Not like Tulo was putting up great stats anyway. Bobby Crosby, Erick Aybar, Ronny Cedeno are available in my league.
I would look at Clint Barmes, Tulowitzki's actual replacement. He's eligible at 2B, SS, and 3B, so he gives you some flexibility. He wason his way to a Rookie of the Year campaign in 2006 until he had a freak grocery accident
laugh.gif
He has the tools to be a superstar and I would advise picking him up beforeAybar, Cedeno, or Crosby.

I've been offered Trev Hoffman and Delmon Young for Justin Upton...am I selling high enough?
laugh.gif

I was offered this trade: Dude offered Prince Fielder and Grady Sizemore to me for Matt Holiday and James Loney... what should I do?

Here's my team (10 man league):
nytd4.png

My initial reaction was to accept, but Prince is having a rough start... Just let me know what would you do if you were in my situation. Thanks
smile.gif

^wow. i say its a good deal for you. prince will end up having better numbers than loney, regardless of his slow start. grady will be less on the power numbersthan holliday but more steals. thing with holiday is the rockies are doing bad and those kinda things are usually contagious, especially with tulowitzky out.regardless i dont think he'll put up the same numbers from last yr anyway. i think you should pull the trigger.

these type of trade offers never make sense to me. why would you trade a 1b and OF for another 1b and OF? obviously someone is going to get the better of thedeal.

Definitely in your favor. I wish I was offered deals like that.

Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed though.

I'm thinking about dropping Travis Hafner, but his name is holding me back...but a 209 avg, and 3 HR's come on...

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

I'm thinking about dropping Travis Hafner, but his name is holding me back...but a 209 avg, and 3 HR's come on...

I personally wouldn't... it's only May right now and I'm sure you spent a high pick on him... you probably won't get back too much inreturn if you tried to trade him either right now
How big is your league and what format (Roto, H2H, points) and who's the best available players on the WW that you are thinking of picking up ifyou dropped him?

^^ I'd hold Hafner for now. It's only been a month.

I won one of my leagues last year because someone dropped Prince Fielder early on.
laugh.gif

I need help..Im currently 5th in my league but im losing bad right now..

i was just offered this trade

Them

[table][tr][td]
Brian Roberts

(Bal - 2B)
[/td] [td] @KC[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-/-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Derek Jeter

(NYY - SS)
[/td] [td] @Det[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-/-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]Scott Olsen

me

Joakim Soria
Troy Tulowitzki
Chase Utley

Would you all do it?

Heres my current roster

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
A.J. Pierzynski

(CWS - C)
[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]x Min[/td] [td]W, 6-2[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]1B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Albert Pujols

(StL - 1B)
[/td] [td]1B[/td] [td]^ @Col[/td] [td]L, 9-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Chase Utley

(Phi - 2B)
[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]^ @Ari[/td] [td]L, 8-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]3B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Chipper Jones

(Atl - 3B)
[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]^ SD[/td] [td]W, 5-4[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Troy Tulowitzki

(Col - SS) DL
[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]x StL[/td] [td]W, 9-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Hideki Matsui

(NYY - OF)
[/td] [td]OF[/td] [td]^ Cle[/td] [td]W, 6-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Matt Kemp

(LAD - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Alfonso Soriano

(ChC - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Util[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Justin Morneau

(Min - 1B)
[/td] [td]Util[/td] [td]^ @CWS[/td] [td]L, 6-2[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Vernon Wells

(Tor - OF)
[/td] [td]BN[/td] [td]^ TB[/td] [td]Bot 10, 3-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Plácido Polanco

(Det - 2B)
[/td] [td]BN[/td] [td]^ Bos[/td] [td]Top 9, 1-5[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Troy Glaus

(StL - 3B)
[/td] [td]BN[/td] [td]x @Col[/td] [td]L, 9-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Adam LaRoche

(Pit - 1B)
[/td] [td]BN[/td] [td]^ SF[/td] [td]W, 5-4[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
--empty--
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
--empty--
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]
Starting Lineup Totals
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

[table][tr][th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""]
Fantasy Stats
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]
Pos
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Pitchers
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Opp
[/th] [th=""]
Status
[/th] [th=""] [/th] [/tr][tr][td]SP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Brett Myers

(Phi - SP,RP)
[/td] [td]SP[/td] [td]^ @Ari[/td] [td]L, 8-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Daisuke Matsuzaka

(Bos - SP)
[/td] [td]SP[/td] [td] @Det[/td] [td]Top 9, 5-1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Adam Wainwright

(StL - SP)
[/td] [td]SP[/td] [td] @Col[/td] [td]L, 9-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Takashi Saito

(LAD - RP)
[/td] [td] RP P BN [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Jeremy Accardo

(Tor - RP)
[/td] [td]RP[/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]Bot 10, 3-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Manuel Corpas

(Col - RP)
[/td] [td]P[/td] [td] StL[/td] [td]W, 9-3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Ian Snell

(Pit - SP)
[/td] [td]P[/td] [td] SF[/td] [td]W, 5-4[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Joakim Soria

(KC - RP)
[/td] [td]P[/td] [td] Bal[/td] [td]Bot 6, 1-4[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
J.J. Putz

(Sea - RP)
[/td] [td] RP P BN [/td] [td] Tex[/td] [td]10:10 pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

^ no way. you cant give up chase. your team is pretty solid, just pick up a ss to plug in the hole.

you need SPs more than anything else.

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Do not drop Hafner. Everyone expects Hafner to bust out of his season long slump sooner or later. He's not going to give you .209 avg and 3 hrs allseason long.

Mr Subliminals, you don't give up Utley and Soria for Brian Robers and Derek Jeter. It's the classic caseof using Derek Jeter's name to his advantage. Yes you do need an SS because Tulowitzki is injured, but I advise you to explore other options before givingthe green light to this option. Pick up a FA SS or maybe look to trade different pieces to get you that SS. Oh and dude is right, you need to get better SPs.You're holding to Corpas hoping he's going to get that CLs role back? Personally, I'd just drop him. You have Saito, Putz, and Soria already.Having 4 CLs is OD IMO.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Mr Subliminals, you don't give up Utley and Soria for Brian Robers and Derek Jeter. It's the classic case of using Derek Jeter's name to his advantage. Yes you do need an SS because Tulowitzki is injured, but I advise you to explore other options before giving the green light to this option. Pick up a FA SS or maybe look to trade different pieces to get you that SS. Oh and dude is right, you need to get better SPs. You're holding to Corpas hoping he's going to get that CLs role back? Personally, I'd just drop him. You have Saito, Putz, and Soria already. Having 4 CLs is OD IMO.

lol... It's acutally 3 closers and 2 non-closers (Accardo & Corpas)... not sure what his league settings since he didn't post them but who knowsmaybe his league counts holds or maybe it's a deep league?

If not, drop Accardo & Corpas immediately for a SS and a SP. Corpas has been flat out terrible and won't be getting his job back anytime soon. With B.J. Ryan being cleared to pitch in back-to-back games, it is pretty pointless to have Accardo now since he won't be getting save opps.

4 closers isn't OD if your playing roto, for example... it's hard to be competitive in saves the whole season with only 3 closers and your closersshould can be of help to your ERA/ WHIP over the course of the season...

H2H, you can do fine with 3 closers... ideally, I like 4 closers to help with ERA/ WHIP ratios but having 3 closers is fine

Back
Top Bottom