Official: 2008 Fantasy Baseball Thread *Sticky?*

Pierre/Furcal combo at the top of the order? I hope it's as effective as the Pierre/Castillo combo. Not that I'm a Dodger fan, but my fantasy teamneeds it
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

When the hell is Mark Teixeira going to snap out of his funk?

Roy Oswalt is pissing me off as well, statistically he's the worst pitcher on my team
mad.gif

^ I'm not as worried about Oswalt. I think Oswalt will be fine. He had a rough start to the season, then had a couple of games where he showed whathe's capable of... then he had today against the Rangers. But overall, I expect Oswalt to be fine.

If he doesn't get it going by mid to late June, I feel that he's not going to get it going at all this season. Warm weather and getting more at batsshould be able to get a player of his caliber going.

Might wanna pick up Santiago Casilla, depending on how severe his arm injury is. Huston Street looked awful yet again. They are going to trade him for sure.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

When the hell is Mark Teixeira going to snap out of his funk?

Roy Oswalt is pissing me off as well, statistically he's the worst pitcher on my team
mad.gif

I just bought low on Teixiera so I'm hoping soon too! He has a history of starting off the year slow, and then ripping it up 2nd half so I'mbanking on that. 2 hits last night is a start.

I don't know why, but someone just dropped Pat Burrell. Should I try to claim him with my #2 waiver? My offense is middle of the pack, and my pitching isleading in almost every category. I would probably drop Jay Bruce.

C Bengie Molina
1B Justin Morneau
2B Chase Utley
3B Evan Longoria
SS Clint Barmes
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Hunter Pence
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
Util Michael Bourn
BN Jim Thome
BN Jay Bruce
DL Troy Tulowitzki

SP Roy Halladay
SP Chien-Ming Wang
RP Huston Street
RP Joakim Soria
P B.J. Ryan
P Ryan Franklin
P George Sherrill
BN Justin Verlander
BN Tim Lincecum
BN Greg Maddux

I'd keep Bruce and drop Michael Bourn or Jim Thome... Jay Bruce is killing the baseball in AAA right now, and it's only a matter of time beforehe's in the majors...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'd keep Bruce and drop Michael Bourn or Jim Thome... Jay Bruce is killing the baseball in AAA right now, and it's only a matter of time before he's in the majors...

I agree with this. Ellsbury, Barmes, and Sizemore should be able to keep you competitive in steals if you drop Bourn.

Originally Posted by bmj87

I'd keep Bruce and drop Michael Bourn or Jim Thome... Jay Bruce is killing the baseball in AAA right now, and it's only a matter of time before he's in the majors...

I agree with this. Ellsbury, Barmes, and Sizemore should be able to keep you competitive in steals if you drop Bourn.

Thanks for the advice guys. Hard to drop Bourn because he's a steals machine, so its between him or Thome.
I have another one if y'all don'tmind... Micah Owings was dropped in another league. I would have to drop Matt Cain to go for it. I'm not sure if I should or not though. I always get tooattached to hometown guys because I think they will turn it around. Worth it?

I have another one if y'all don't mind... Micah Owings was dropped in another league. I would have to drop Matt Cain to go for it. I'm not sure if I should or not though. I always get too attached to hometown guys because I think they will turn it around. Worth it?

A guy on 5-1, 42 K and a 3.81 on afirst place team that is tied for the best record in baseball...

Or a guy who is 2-3, 11 more Ks but a higher ERA (4.57) and plays for a crappy, second-to-last place team.

Its a no-brainer. Leave hometown love at the door. Pick up Micah Owings.

Should i trade
Derrick Lee and John Maine for A-Rod

THE KID said me giving up lee and maine for arod is not far

My Team
C-Joe Mauer
1st-Derrick Lee
2nd-Kazuo Matsui
3rd-Mike Lowell
SS-Michael Young
OF-Ichiro Suzuki
OF-Manny Ramírez
OF-Jason Bay
UTIl-Ryan Zimmerman

Bench
Jacoby Ellsbury
Alex Gordon
Todd Helton

DL-Howie Kendrick

Pitching
Johan
Cliff Lee
Tim Lincecum
John Maine
José Contreras
Scott Olsen

Francisco Cordero
George Sherrill
Hong-Chih Kuo

DL
Wandy Rodríguez

Hong-Chih Kuo

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Its a no-brainer. Leave hometown love at the door. Pick up Micah Owings.

Too bad he can't be used as a Util player
grin.gif

Rollins and Harang for Wright? I don't need K's or SBs

Edit: I turned it into Rollins and Maine...but I think I was just panicking...J-Roll might be better than Wright judging by the way things are going rightnow...

Just thought I'd give a heads up but reports are that Clayton Kershaw (top prospect in the Dodgers organization) will be called up to start Sunday vs. theCardinals.
There'll probably be a lot of hype around it, but he's for real.

Could prove more valuable than a guy like Scherzer, especially if Max is kept in the bullpen the rest of the year (hope not since I have him in my league).

Kershaw's probably not on waivers yet in Yahoo leagues, but he should be available in Sportsline leagues.

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Just thought I'd give a heads up but reports are that Clayton Kershaw (top prospect in the Dodgers organization) will be called up to start Sunday vs. the Cardinals.
There'll probably be a lot of hype around it, but he's for real.

Could prove more valuable than a guy like Scherzer, especially if Max is kept in the bullpen the rest of the year (hope not since I have him in my league).

Kershaw's probably not on waivers yet in Yahoo leagues, but he should be available in Sportsline leagues.

Kershaw had a pretty good line 6.0 IP 2 R 2ER 1 BB 7K. Thoughts on using a high waiver on him? I passed on guys like Cueto and Scherzer, and specificallywaited for Kershaw to be called up. Is he up for good?

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Kershaw had a pretty good line 6.0 IP 2 R 2ER 1 BB 7K. Thoughts on using a high waiver on him? I passed on guys like Cueto and Scherzer, and specifically waited for Kershaw to be called up. Is he up for good?
Read a good quote from Torre regarding this.

"Torre said Kershaw will not be on a strict pitch count and indicated this would not be a one-time start but that he would likely remain in therotation as long as results justified it."

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/n...ent_id=2765112&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Based on his first start and his potential, I say that yes, his time is now and he'll be up for good. Dodgers needed a 5th starter since it looks likeTorre likes seeing Kuo and Park come out of the pen.

I would use the high waiver on him, unless you got enough good SP's. Kershaw should put up very good K #'s the rest of the way. His ERA should bedecent as well, since the league is just starting to get glimpses of him. Not sure how his WHIP #'s will play out. He has been good this year cuttingdown on his walks in the minors, but at times he can be a little wild and walk some people. As long as he keeps his walks down, he'll be fine. He has aplus fastball and a plus plus curve. Really reminds me of Erik Bedard with his stuff and the way he pitches using the fastball to get ahead and the curve toput them away. Just hope the Dodger offense can give him some runs on days he's pitching so he can get some W's.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The organization had mandated that he pitch no more than 25 innings a month to preserve his arm for a possible role with the club during the stretch drive.

That was the rule for him in the minors, in anticipation of a August/ September call-up. With his call-up now to the starting rotation, I doubt they willbe as strict, but they will watch his innings very carefully, as he hasn't exceeded 122 IP in a single season yet in the minors.

I went to the Cubs/Dodgers game on Memorial Day - I was hoping to see Kershaw but go stuck watching Billingsley.....which worked since my North Siders won 3-1
smile.gif
He's a safe buy for right now. I bought the hype and grabbed Jay Bruce in all my leagues.

Back
Top Bottom