[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

ohhhh man. that vid got me straight hyped.

question to the video poster, where were your seats at?

and how long before the shows were lines forming?

its not my video, i just found that on youtube

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

ohhhh man. that vid got me straight hyped.

question to the video poster, where were your seats at?

and how long before the shows were lines forming?

its not my video, i just found that on youtube

oh alright my bad. well i still pose the same questions to anyone who attended! haha.

my first concert
pimp.gif
· 5/13 - New York, NY @ MadisonSquare Garden

Lupe came out first around 7:15 got of like at 7:50
10 - 15 min break
N.E.R.D
pimp.gif
from 8:00 to like 8:50
10 - 15 min break
Rihanna From 9:05-9:45
20-25 min break
Kanye from 10:25 - 11:35
pimp.gif
did songs off all 3 albums

Whoever is attending the tour within the next couple of dates can you please keep track of the set list and post it for us??

Also did N.E.R.D have merch available?

i'm sooooooo salty this isn't coming to KC
had to settle for the N.3.R.D. promo tour last month, which was great
and now the Common promo tour next week (sure it should be great)
but i really really wanted this to come to my area.

May 5-Tampa and June 13-Cincinnati... Cant wait. IF anyone in the Minneapolis area is looking for tickets I got 4 there too. I will break em up if need be!HOlla

damn this week seems like it is going by sooo slow......is it Saturday yet?!

I went to the Seattle show yesturday.

Lupe Opened up, crazy good set. Opened up to the hello/goodbye rock track.
Nikki Jean came out. It was a great opener.

N.E.R.D. was real hype, except Pharrell lost his voice halfway throughout the performance
because of the smoke machine. He came out after they left and appoligized for cussing?
indifferent.gif
oh well.

Rihannas was actually really dope. I never listened to Rihannas music, but shes a great performer. They had a
pretty sick switch-up between songs.

And Kanye. #*@* was more like a movie than a concert! Talking to a screen like it was a robot. He brought
out a naked Maramaki sp? girl from the top of the stage. His stand had a pulse coming out when he stepped in the first few songs.
But he got the crowd really into it. Everyone got pumped when he played "Can't tell me nothing and Good life".
The songs all had added on endings, ect. to keep it going. All and all, never really lost attention. The set was amazing.

People went crazy chucking glowsticks after the performances when the lights were off!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Question... when the show starts, does it really matter where my seats are?

I imagine it'll be a sprint for the stage or something.
laugh.gif

I'm going to the same show as you (and Lupe the next day at SOB's
pimp.gif
) but since it's MSG, and I take it you have seats, it doesn't matter when you get there. I'd be there a half hour before the show starts, so maybe 7 or 6:45. If it was general admission/standing room only, I'd say be there 2 hours before the show if you wanted to stand in the front.
But yeah, since its seats, just get there at a reasonable amount of time before the show and you'll be good.

Sweet, thanks.
More info on Lupe the next day at SOB's?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

But then again this is NY....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

True.
roll.gif

He's going to be at SOB's the night after. If you go to SOB's its like $32 a ticket, $35+ if u get it from Ticketmaster. 21 and over, you know.the drill.

Yeah I read an artcile earlier today that Pharrell lost his voice because of all the smoke, Kanye apparently also made sure not to curse during his set which Idon't get but whatever.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Yeah I read an artcile earlier today that Pharrell lost his voice because of all the smoke, Kanye apparently also made sure not to curse during his set which I don't get but whatever.

laugh.gif
Kanye cursed through his whole set.
cor23ey wrote:

I went to the Seattle show yesturday.

Lupe Opened up, crazy good set. Opened up to the hello/goodbye rock track.
Nikki Jean came out. It was a great opener.

N.E.R.D. was real hype, except Pharrell lost his voice halfway throughout the performance
because of the smoke machine. He came out after they left and appoligized for cussing?
indifferent.gif
oh well.

Rihannas was actually really dope. I never listened to Rihannas music, but shes a great performer. They had a
pretty sick switch-up between songs.

And Kanye. #*@* was more like a movie than a concert! Talking to a screen like it was a robot. He brought
out a naked Maramaki sp? girl from the top of the stage. His stand had a pulse coming out when he stepped in the first few songs.
But he got the crowd really into it. Everyone got pumped when he played "Can't tell me nothing and Good life".
The songs all had added on endings, ect. to keep it going. All and all, never really lost attention. The set was amazing.

People went crazy chucking glowsticks after the performances when the lights were off!
roll.gif

Co-sign everything...

From Lupe's opening set to the very end of the show, all the performances were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For all those going to future shows and hope to get pics & vids, you may as well leave your cameras at home.
tired.gif

Camera phones were fine to have, but if you had an actual camera or mini-recorder security gave the ol'
2u94kmh.jpg
; They even confiscated the camera of the people next to me and told'em to pick it up after the concertwas over.
smh.gif

I couldn't even light my piff cuz security was roaming the WHOLE time LOOKING for people to throw out.
smh.gif

The concert itself is probably the best show top to bottom I've ever seen, but the security was so tight I couldn't really have fun like I wanted to.
tired.gif

Maybe y'all will have better luck in different cities, tho.
ohwell.gif

*sidenote: Yall got a LOT of Jonas-wannabe's/look-a-likes in Seattle... CUT THAT OUT!!!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

im going tomorrow... im bringing my camera.. ill hide in my crotch if i have to lol..

Originally Posted by kobe85

im going tomorrow... im bringing my camera.. ill hide in my crotch if i have to lol..

lmfao i spit my drinking water out.
roll.gif
roll.gif

i mean you can bring your cam, it's just that there are a lot of security looking for people with cameras

however....there was this broad that had it out for a good 3 hours i swear just recording the whole damn thing, and security never did anything....i waswaiting for it hahahhaa

all shirts there were kanye shirts, + a few rihanna shirts

no n.e.r.d. or lupes

here's a lil recap of last night...

kanye killed it. the wait was well worth it.. lupe, nerd, rihanna's performances werent nearly as co as kanyes.

He opened up wit good morning which was sick.. And he sang songs off all 3 albums. He even sang Get em high and Spaceship. Good life and cant tell me nothinwere prolly the biggest hits. He ended it wit jesus walks and touch the sky and homecoming (forgot the order).
Stronger was extended and had a really long ending...
He cried during hey mama.

he didn't perform glory which is my fave song right now on the graduation cd...

got this from some blog...

Kanye West set list
KeyArena, April 16, 2008

Good Morning
I Wonder
Heard 'Em Say
Through the Wire
Champion
Get 'Em High
Diamonds from Sierra Leone
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
Spaceship
All Falls Down
Gold Digger
Good Life
Jesus Walks
Hey, Mama
Don't Stop Believin' (Journey, sung by backup singer)
Stronger
Homecoming
Touch the Sky

got this from some blog...

Kanye West set list
KeyArena, April 16, 2008

Good Morning
I Wonder
Heard 'Em Say
Through the Wire
Champion
Get 'Em High
Diamonds from Sierra Leone
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
Spaceship
All Falls Down
Gold Digger
Good Life
Jesus Walks
Hey, Mama
Don't Stop Believin' (Journey, sung by backup singer)
Stronger
Homecoming
Touch the Sky

do you have the set list for NERD? im curious as to what the very 1st track they did was???

here are the pix i took

fepcb6.jpg
nikki jean was chillin in the audio booth during the kanye set

eijg55.jpg

2ajv2gk.jpg

faxw11.jpg

security was tight tho, snatchin people's cameras and such

here are a couple of the shirts that me and the wife got

x2v1xc.jpg

backside

2gts1mg.jpg

they have that blue shirt in red as well. THere was also a black shirt, with just the bear logo from the blue shirt, on the front and back, and kanye west glowin the dark tour on the sleeve

there was a solid grey shirt with kanye west glow in the dark tour written from top to bottom on the front of a grey shirt

no n.e.r.d. shirts, no lupe, a few rihanna shirts, and a couple other kanye shirts with his picture on the front, and the tour dates on the back

Back
Top Bottom