[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

pimp.gif
Thanks!

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

One thing I wanted to ask was at one point during Kanye's set he went to the corner and was sitting on one of those "Hills" and there was some song playing like an interlude and the crowd was going nuts to it in my area no disrespect but it was mainly White people going nuts to this song I've never heard.

Was it a song by Justice?

Sonnn, how you ain't gonna be down with that Journey joint? Ishhhh is a classic....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One thing I wanted to ask was at one point during Kanye's set he went to the corner and was sitting on one of those "Hills" and there was some song playing like an interlude and the crowd was going nuts to it in my area no disrespect but it was mainly White people going nuts to this song I've never heard.

Was it a song by Justice?

laugh.gif
Q

laugh.gif
I love that Journey joint, I was hype for it too

Capone n Noreaga even sampled it for a song

Yeah, it was Journey, lol. I was like %+%... No problems with the song tho.

Good review Q.

Cant believe I missed out on Lupe tho, should have went to those damn shows at Circa, smh....

Originally Posted by frankl1001

man, if kanye japped in canada

imagine him in chicago
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

homecoming!

I cant wait till saturday...and I cant wait till im doing one of these tours myslef!

^ You two best be getting +@%!%+ up tonight
pimp.gif

And Q
Cam also spit over the Journey song...believe it's called "Just Us"

I'm hittin the road in about an hour....the anticipation is unbelievable !!!! Whooooooo!

and Chris Brown was seen shopping with Rihanna on the Mag. Mile, so he will be in attendance.

Shoulda had a lil' mini summit for this... Didn't realize so many people were gonna be goin'.

Me and Deep bout to kick the pre-gaming off in an hour...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This will be a glooooorious night. Super stoked right now.

I don't have a digi cam up here, though...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

I'm hittin the road in about an hour....the anticipation is unbelievable !!!! Whooooooo!

and Chris Brown was seen shopping with Rihanna on the Mag. Mile, so he will be in attendance.

Does this dude not have anything goin on that he can follow his girl around the country???

Ahhhh So Upset Has To Be one Of the worst weekends for Me EVER!

Not Copping CDP Pack
Not Going To Kanye Concert In The Chi

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

frown.gif

Mannn..I cnt wait...my homegirl backstage ( Don C's cuzzo) giving me a play by play of what's going on...and I'm heated!!!

I HATE ALL THAT WENT TO THE CONCERT IN CHICAGO, LOL J/K. Although I may try to go tomorrow if I can get off. OMG WISH I COULDA WENT TO THIS CONCERT!!!!!!!!! IfI can't see it in Chicago may have to go see it in Cincy :-(. I wonder why he didn't come back to INDY THOUGH

Best concert I ever seen in my life like foreal foreal except Lu didnt perform The Coolest. Which kinda upset me but that show was everything I expected.

Just got back from the show at the United Center.......it was bananas! Such a great show. I was on my feet for almost the whole thing.

Lupe started shortly after 7pm. I would say the UC was 3/4 full. He performed "Hip-Hop Saved My Life", "Kick Push", "Go GoGadget", "Paris Tokyo", "Fighters", and "Superstar". Lupe's a great performer. He encored with "Daydreamin."He had a girl perform as well....gosh, I forget her name, but the track was dope as hell.

N.E.R.D. was next up, and let me tell you, their set was one of the hypest that I've ever witnessed. The crowd was in a frenzy. I dont remember theiropening track, but they performed "Rockstar", "Lapdance", "She Wants To Move", "Everyone Nose", "Brain", and"Spazz." There were about 25 dudes on stage during "Spazz", including Chris Brown. Dude was doin his patented dance moves. The camerawould focus on him, and the crowd went nuts. The whole vibe during that song was insane. The arena was rocking.....really amazing to see. The energy was offthe charts. Pharell, Shay, Chad, and the band were terrific. At one point some girls came on to the stage to dance. Some were nice, one was kinda chubby andgetting to grindy.

Rihanna was up next. She performed all of her hits. "SOS", "Pon De Replay", "Breakin Dishes", "Unfaithful", "Stopthe Music", "Take a Bow", and a Chris Brown-less "Umbrella." Rihanna looked like a outer space witch, but she performed well. I satdown during two songs I think, but I really enjoyed it.

After about 35 minutes Kanye came out and opened with "Good Morning." Crowd was going nuts. His stage was combination space ship/ planet looking. Thevideo effects were great, the screens were crystal clear, and the sound was great. He performed "I Wonder", "Heard 'Em Say" ,Throughthe Wire", "Champion", "Get 'Em High", "Diamonds from Sierra Leone", "Can't Tell Me Nothing"",Flashing Lights", "Spaceship , "All Falls Down", "Gold Digger", "Good Life", "Jesus Walks", "HeyMama" ........when he goes "i wanna scream so loud for you" he would urge the crowd, and we got loud as hell.

"Don't Stop Believing" came on while Ye had a seat on the astro hill. Then he did "Stronger", "Homecoming", and finished with"Touch the Sky" with Lupe. Crowd was in a frenzy. He didn't address the crowd much until the end when he told us how much he loved Chicago. Hetold how he made it out the South side, and Lupe from the West, to make it big. Ye's mom taught at Chicago State, and while she preferred that he get hiseducation, she supported her son all the way.

I was in section 110 row 14, to the left of the stage if you had been looking straight on. It's amazing to look up and around the arena in mid-song. Seeingall the people with their hands and diamonds in the sky was truly a sight to behold. As expected there were lots of people wearing the "Stronger"glasses and Kanye tour shirts. I wore the teal and yellow GITD shirt with the ginger AJ XIV lows.

The majority of the crowd was Caucasian, but there were lots of other races, backgrounds, and genres present. It was a fantastic show. All in all it was oneof the best concerts I've ever been to. I was disappointed that Lupe was the guest during Kanye's set. I thought maybe Common or Twista would make anappearance, but Kanye stuck to his usual playlist. Dude gave 100% and the crowd loved him for it. The people going on Saturday are in for a treat.

...and they say "Chi-City".

Originally Posted by aRog27

Just got back from the show at the United Center.......it was bananas! Such a great show. I was on my feet for almost the whole thing.

Lupe started shortly after 7pm. I would say the UC was 3/4 full. He performed "Hip-Hop Saved My Life", "Kick Push", "Go Go Gadget", "Paris Tokyo", "Fighters", and "Superstar". Lupe's a great performer. He encored with "Daydreamin." He had a girl perform as well....gosh, I forget her name, but the track was dope as hell.

N.E.R.D. was next up, and let me tell you, their set was one of the hypest that I've ever witnessed. The crowd was in a frenzy. I dont remember their opening track, but they performed "Rockstar", "Lapdance", "She Wants To Move", "Everyone Nose", "Brain", and "Spazz." There were about 25 dudes on stage during "Spazz", including Chris Brown. Dude was doin his patented dance moves. The camera would focus on him, and the crowd went nuts. The whole vibe during that song was insane. The arena was rocking.....really amazing to see. The energy was off the charts. Pharell, Shay, Chad, and the band were terrific. At one point some girls came on to the stage to dance. Some were nice, one was kinda chubby and getting to grindy.

Rihanna was up next. She performed all of her hits. "SOS", "Pon De Replay", "Breakin Dishes", "Unfaithful", "Stop the Music", "Take a Bow", and a Chris Brown-less "Umbrella." Rihanna looked like a outer space witch, but she performed well. I sat down during two songs I think, but I really enjoyed it.

After about 35 minutes Kanye came out and opened with "Good Morning." Crowd was going nuts. His stage was combination space ship/ planet looking. The video effects were great, the screens were crystal clear, and the sound was great. He performed "I Wonder", "Heard 'Em Say" ,Through the Wire", "Champion", "Get 'Em High", "Diamonds from Sierra Leone", "Can't Tell Me Nothing"", Flashing Lights", "Spaceship , "All Falls Down", "Gold Digger", "Good Life", "Jesus Walks", "Hey Mama" ........when he goes "i wanna scream so loud for you" he would urge the crowd, and we got loud as hell.

"Don't Stop Believing" came on while Ye had a seat on the astro hill. Then he did "Stronger", "Homecoming", and finished with "Touch the Sky" with Lupe. Crowd was in a frenzy. He didn't address the crowd much until the end when he told us how much he loved Chicago. He told how he made it out the South side, and Lupe from the West, to make it big. Ye's mom taught at Chicago State, and while she preferred that he get his education, she supported her son all the way.

I was in section 110 row 14, to the left of the stage if you had been looking straight on. It's amazing to look up and around the arena in mid-song. Seeing all the people with their hands and diamonds in the sky was truly a sight to behold. As expected there were lots of people wearing the "Stronger" glasses and Kanye tour shirts. I wore the teal and yellow GITD shirt with the ginger AJ XIV lows.

The majority of the crowd was Caucasian, but there were lots of other races, backgrounds, and genres present. It was a fantastic show. All in all it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I was disappointed that Lupe was the guest during Kanye's set. I thought maybe Common or Twista would make an appearance, but Kanye stuck to his usual playlist. Dude gave 100% and the crowd loved him for it. The people going on Saturday are in for a treat.

...and they say "Chi-City".

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Can't wait for the Cincinnatishow...

Back
Top Bottom