OFFICIAL 2008 NBA Draft Lottery 5/20

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

9. Chicago Bulls (17)

3323zbq.gif

I'm really gonna pray right before the lottery for the Bulls to grab a top 2 pick.

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

a very close told me that jay-z is performing there also

Maybe that joint with Mary J. Blige, "You're Welcome"

...after it's revealed the Nets win the #1 pick.
laugh.gif

In for all the execs/GM's diddy bopping during the performance.

New Jersey Nets investor and music executive Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter will represent the team at the NBA Draft Lottery tomorrow, Tuesday, May 20, at thestudios of NBA Entertainment in Secaucus, NJ. The Draft Lottery will be televised live on ESPN from 8 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. before Game 1 of the Eastern ConferenceFinals between the Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons.

Carter will be one of 14 team representatives to be seated on the stage when NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver announces the winning order of teamsparticipating in the Draft Lottery. The NBA Draft will be held on June 26.

"This is very exciting and I hope my nickname 'Lucky Lefty' holds up," said Carter.

In the Draft Lottery for the first time since 2001, the Nets have a 1.1 percent chance of receiving the first pick of the Draft, and less than a 4 percentchance of securing one of the top 3 selections. Based on their 2007-08 season record, the Nets would likely have the 10th pick of the Draft if they don'tsecure a top 3 selection.

heading to the arena for the draft party

dont think life is over if we dont get top two (mayo/bayless/gordon/trade)

but if the knicks do
mad.gif

Courtesy of Chad Ford of ESPN:

The race remains close: We're projecting seven lottery teams opting for Rose and seven for Beasley. But if you break down the likelihood of each team'slanding the No. 1 pick, it's a landslide for Rose. According to our latest intel, Rose has a 66.3 percent chance of becoming the No. 1 pick -- updramatically from the 10.5 percent chance we gave him in March.

Here's the team-by-team breakdown:

[h2]Miami Heat[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 25 percent
In March, all indications were that Beasley would be the man for Miami. He would be a big upgrade over Udonis Haslem and, alongsideDwyane Wade and Shawn Marion, would give the Heat a formidable trio of athleteson the floor.

However, word out of Miami right now is that Pat Riley has fallen head over heels for Rose and believes that a backcourt of Wade and Rose would be the mostexplosive in the NBA.

Edge: Rose

[h2]Seattle SuperSonics[/h2]Odds of winningthe lottery: 19.9 percent
In March, we were salivating over the idea that the Sonics could land both Durant and Beasley in back-to-back years. A few of the GMs I spoke withthought it would be an amazing combination. Beasley and Durant are close friends and, together, they could give the Sonics the most potent inside-outside,young scoring duo in the league.

However, the Sonics, too, have become enamored with Rose, and a source close to the team said the idea of matching an elite point guard next to Durant wouldbe too good to pass up.

[h2]Minnesota Timberwolves[/h2]Odds ofwinning the lottery: 13.8 percent
The Wolves need a franchise point guard more than they need a franchise power forward. Al Jefferson is having an All-Star-caliberseason, but Sebastian Telfair is easily replaceable.

However, the Wolves would likely opt for Beasley. Jefferson can move to the center position if Beasley comes on board. And the Wolvesstill believe that RandyFoye will eventually be the team's point guard.

If I were Kevin McHale, I'd go with Rose. But, since McHale almost always gets this wrong come June, we'll stick with Beasley here.

Edge: Beasley

[h2]Memphis Grizzlies[/h2]Odds of winningthe lottery: 13.7 percent
This is one of the most clear-cut choices for Beasley. The Grizzlies have a hole at power forward since giving away Pau Gasol and they are currently stackedwith three young point guards. Put Beasley on the floor with Rudy Gay and MikeConley and the Grizzlies have a very formidable young core.

[h2]New York Knicks[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 7.6 percent
This is a very easy call. What the Knicks need more than anything else is chemistry and a floor leader who can bring all of the egos on the Knicks together.Now that we know Mike D'Antoni is running the show, getting a franchise-type point guard is even more important.

Rose is the right guy for the job. He's the type of player who can turn the culture around and orchestrate D'Antoni's high-octane offense. Andunlike Steve Nash, he projects as a terrific defender,too.

[h2]Los Angeles Clippers[/h2]Odds ofwinning the lottery: 7.5 percent
The Clippers are another team that really needs a point guard. Sam Cassell is gone and there is no telling whether Shaun Livingston will ever recover.However, the Clippers might need a power forward sooner than you think as well.

Elton Brand can terminate hiscontract this summer, and there are rumblings in L.A. that he might opt out for the chance at a title. If he does, Beasley could be the guy.

But right now, all signs are pointing to Rose as the Clippers' choice if they land the No. 1 pick.

[h2]Milwaukee Bucks[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 4.3 percent
The Bucks spent last year's lottery pick on an athletic power forward with inside-outside skills -- Yi Jianlian. Would they pick another powerforward in Beasley this year? Probably not.

Now that John Hammond has taken over as GM, he's looking for a tough leader. Mo Williams may be entrenched at the point in Milwaukee, but ifHammond gets a shot at a franchise point guard, I think he's taking it.

[h2]Charlotte Bobcats[/h2]Odds of winningthe lottery: 2.8 percent
A month ago, this looked like Beasley all the way. The Bobcats desperately need athleticism and rebounding in the frontcourt. Andwhile Raymond Felton isn't as talented as Rose, he'll do.

However, with Larry Brown now coaching the team, he might push for a more dominant floor leader. This is a tough call. For now,we're sticking with Beasley, but this could change to Rose.

[h2]Chicago Bulls[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 1.7 percent
Beasley would be a godsend to the Bulls. He's the perfect antidote for what they lack -- a confident, athletic low-post scorer whocan draw double teams. Put him on the floor with LuolDeng, BenGordon, JoakimNoah and KirkHinrich and I think the Bulls' future suddenly gets much brighter.
Then again, his character issues might scare GM John Paxson away, and Rose is an upgrade over Hinrich. Still, as of right now, I'mgiving the edge to Beasley.

[h2]New Jersey Nets[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 1.1 percent
This one's a no-brainer. Beasley would be a monster in the Nets' system; he'd be an excellent replacement forKenyon Martin. Put him on the floorwith Vince Carter,Richard Jefferson andDevin Harris and you can starttalking about the Nets' being playoff contenders again.

More important, it gives the Nets two talented young players -- Harris and Beasley -- to help lure LeBron in 2010.

[h2]Indiana Pacers[/h2]Odds of winning thelottery: 0.8 percent
Here's a team that appears to be 100 percent in the Rose camp. Given all of the off-court problems their players have faced, LarryBird and company are looking for model citizens on and off the court. I doubt they take the risk on Beasley.

Besides, after years of watching Jamaal Tinsley's on-again, off-again performances, I think the idea of a young, talented point guard such asRose would actually hold more appeal. This team needs leadership and Rose could provide it.

[h2]Sacramento Kings[/h2]Odds of winningthe lottery: 0.7 percent
This is a tough one. The Kings have needs at both the 4 and the 1, but it seems very likely that they'd lean toward Beasley. Histalents on both ends of the floor would be great complements to Kevin Martin and Ron Artest.

Rose would be great running the point, and there's a need there, too. But right now we're opting for Beasley; this one is awash.

[h2]Portland Trail Blazers[/h2]Odds ofwinning the lottery: 0.6 percent
The Blazers are another team that would likely opt for Rose immediately. GM Kevin Pritchard strongly believes in character, and Ithink Beasley would give him pause on such a young team.

The Blazers also have a bigger need at the point guard position. They have been searching for a franchise point guard to put on thefloor with Oden, Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge. And Rose is it.

[h2]Golden State Warriors[/h2]Odds ofwinning the lottery: 0.5 percent
The Warriors could go either way here. As far as needs go, a dominant, rebounding power forward like Beasley would be a great fit --especially if Don Nelson is still the head coach.

However, with contract extension talks on shaky ground with Baron Davis, it could be time for theWarriors to look for a replacement at point guard. Right now, the edge still goes to Beasley.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Lottery Off Camera?!?!?!?!?! o_O?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

(>_<) The
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
Fix Is In!!!!
smh.gif

The NBA continues to conduct the lottery behind closed doors, about 90 minutes before the broadcast but in the presence of representatives for every lottery team

so them dudes in the room(same rep on TV???) already know before they are on camera.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Lottery Off Camera?!?!?!?!?! o_O?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

(>_<) The
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
Fix Is In!!!!
smh.gif

The NBA continues to conduct the lottery behind closed doors, about 90 minutes before the broadcast but in the presence of representatives for every lottery team

so them dudes in the room(same rep on TV???) already know before they are on camera.

Different representatives than the one in the studio sweating it out, I think.

I'm praying the Heat get a top 2 pick, anything less will be such a disappointment

Back
Top Bottom