Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Celts will be intense; I expect them to seize the game and I expect LA to play better.

As much as the playoffs are a whole different game from the regular season, the Finals are a whole different game from the playoffs.

That said, if Boston takes a 2-0 lead to LA, tying up the series will be that much more difficult. If any team can do it, it's the Lakers. But even so, thepressure is compounded. Outside of Phil, Kobe, and Fisher, the Lakers don't necessarily have a whole lot of big game/pressure experience. While KG, Paul,and Ray don't have any Finals experience, collectively they've played in enough big games as the focal points that they seem to have the edge in thatdept. this series.

Should be an excellent game. Hope the Celtics get the victory.

Celts are supposed to take both home games. But, I don't see it happening. I think we'll bounce back Sunday and take Game 2 to split it going back toLA.

Kobe will make those point blank shots. GO LAKERS.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

695b18c0554b4ade99d5246924974cae-getty-80398141cc100_nba_finals_ga.jpg

9a714889b15f328eee30de16fc3db24834edf7.gif

pimp.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

wayyyyyy tooooo early, this will get locked

I really dont care if this thread gets locked.

You f'in hype beasts on here who b'itch & moan over who starts threads on here is stupid.If this gets locked then it they it will open up again up by late saturday or early sunday.
Funny. I have never seen an official Lakers game__ thread, that wasn't created by you.
laugh.gif

1291850631_c069512430.jpg

man Kobe was making P2 look bad before he went down - that's what I remember - I was thinking damn Kobe is going to heat up just about now.

I do think the Lakers were distracted by the whole ACT 2 Scene 2&4.

refocused and ready. all aboard - LAKERS!

Don't want to post in the Game 1 thread; too much bickering and talk going on about Pierce's injury.
To say this is a must win for the Lakers is an understatement because the season is basically on the line. I doubt if we are down 2-0, that we can comeback andwin 3 consecutive games at home. I see Kobe playing a big game, but not forcing too many difficult shots, and getting his teammates involved early, and closingthe deal out in the end. Pau, Lamar, and Fish played decent with 14, 15, and 15 points respectively, but I think they can play even better, especially Pau andLamar. We can not have any shooting droughts, and no one on the Celtics better go off.

LET'S GO LAKERS!

Originally Posted by CL2423

Don't want to post in the Game 1 thread; too much bickering and talk going on about Pierce's injury.

To say this is a must win for the Lakers is an understatement because the season is basically on the line. I doubt if we are down 2-0, that we can comeback and
win 3 consecutive games at home. I see Kobe playing a big game, but not forcing too many difficult shots, and getting his teammates involved early, and closing
the deal out in the end. Pau, Lamar, and Fish played decent with 14, 15, and 15 points respectively, but I think they can play even better, especially Pau and
Lamar. We can not have any shooting droughts, and no one on the Celtics better go off.

LET'S GO LAKERS!

You can't be serious? The season is not on the line. Most people don't expect us to win a game in Boston. If we win game two and have the series tiedgoing home, we have the advantage for sure with us undefeated at home in the playoffs. I say this game is important because nobody wants to be down 2-0, butthe season is not on the line.

this finals is a battle of systems.... boston has a better system than LA due to the type of personnel on the team. boston has a better team, system-wise andexecution-wise. LA has the single best player. if LA resorts to having to rely on that best player to win games, then boston's system is prevailing andthat likely means they take game 2 and eventually the series. at the end, it always comes down to better system + better execution.....

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

To say this is a must win for the Lakers is an understatement because the season is basically on the line. I doubt if we are down 2-0, that we can comeback and
win 3 consecutive games at home. I see Kobe playing a big game, but not forcing too many difficult shots, and getting his teammates involved early, and closing
the deal out in the end. Pau, Lamar, and Fish played decent with 14, 15, and 15 points respectively, but I think they can play even better, especially Pau and
Lamar. We can not have any shooting droughts, and no one on the Celtics better go off.

LET'S GO LAKERS!

You can't be serious? The season is not on the line. Most people don't expect us to win a game in Boston. If we win game two and have the series tied going home, we have the advantage for sure with us undefeated at home in the playoffs. I say this game is important because nobody wants to be down 2-0, but the season is not on the line.

Don't get me wrong, the season is definitely not on the line, but I believe in order to have a legitimate shot at winning this series, we have to winGame 2. Also, you said most people don't expect us to win a game in Boston, are you serious? Most experts picked the Lakers, and they probably expectedthem to get a split in Boston. If nobody expected us to win a game in Boston, how can we possibly win this series then? The Celtics have homecourt, not theLakers. Nonetheless, let's just get this W in Game 2.
wink.gif

I expect the Lakers to win tomorrow...but Boston definitely has chance. Home-court advantage has been crazy this year..and if Boston takes the first 2 at homeI wouldn't be surprised. If the Lakers steal this one and go back home with a split, I think the series favors them.

^the biggest joke of that is when they played the rocky theme on his return as if it was planned.

Pauline Pierce, lets see you fake another three injuries to win the title.

Berkeley Boy wrote:

CL2423 wrote:

To say this is a must win for the Lakers is an understatement because the season is
basically on the line. I doubt if we are down 2-0, that we can comeback and

win 3 consecutive games at home. I see Kobe playing a big game, but not forcing too many difficult shots, and getting his teammates involved early, and
closing

the deal out in the end. Pau, Lamar, and Fish played decent with 14, 15, and 15 points respectively, but I think they can play even better, especially Pau
and

LET'S GO LAKERS!

You can't be serious? The season is not on the line. Most people don't expect us to win a game in Boston. If we win game two and have the series tied
going home, we have the advantage for sure with us undefeated at home in the playoffs. I say this game is important because nobody wants to be down 2-0, but
the season is not on the line.

Let me clarify. I meant the first two games in Boston. I don't know many people who were taking us to beat Boston in Boston in the first two. I'm expecting us to go back
home with the series tied. I think we could do serious damage if that situation pans out. I thought you were panicking, but it's all good. I just want to see us play a helluva lot
better than game one. Even with how we played, the game was still close to the end. I just can't wait til Sunday around 6. We got this.

Don't get me wrong, the season is definitely not on the line, but I believe in order to have a legitimate shot at winning this series, we have to win
Game 2. Also, you said most people don't expect us to win a game in Boston, are you serious? Most experts picked the Lakers, and they probably expected
them to get a split in Boston. If nobody expected us to win a game in Boston, how can we possibly win this series then? The Celtics have homecourt, not the
Lakers. Nonetheless, let's just get this W in Game 2.
wink.gif

so pissed right now. my boss asked me to come in tomorrow from 3-9:30, which means i'll be there until 11. looks like i'll be watching the replay...

Originally Posted by bjamez20

so pissed right now. my boss asked me to come in tomorrow from 3-9:30, which means i'll be there until 11. looks like i'll be watching the replay...

I feel your pain. I almost took the night off; but every time I do that, Lakers lose, so I will work.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Every game is a replay for me because of my job
grin.gif

Anyway, Go Lakers! We've lost the first away game against Utah and San Antonio aswell, and we all know how that ended
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Last time i made my prediction, turns out i was right on the money.Since the Celtics in reality are a much more superior team in every category against the Lakers, i'm confident my predictions will turn out to be asweeping by the Celtics. Paul Pierce even with one good leg is still the best player in this series. His heart and determination, he just will not let theCeltics lose, especially against these LA Fakers led by Kobe the clown. I fully expect the Celtics to come out blazing, jumping out to a huge lead in the firstquarter and never looking back. The Celtics played poorly as possible in game 1 yet they still were able to win by 10, that total will more than doubletonight. All signs point to a Celtics rout sending this series back to LA two nothing. Lakers 83 Celtics 112.. Pierce and KG with 32 points a piece, Allenwith 6 triples

^^^^word. My thoughts exactly.

Laker fans caught up in Pierce faking an injury, like it even makes a difference. Who cares if he faked it or not, the Lakers still lost. It's not like hedid anything illegal, or cost the Lakers the game.

For the record, Im not a Boston fan. I just wish it went 7 games, I want to see a good series. However, Boston is by far the better team.

Back
Top Bottom