Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Kobe limited to 40 m in due to foul trouble
"Limited to 40 Minutes"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

most overrated player in the nba

gasol_trophy_rookie.jpg

How is he overrated when he's basically the reason the Lakers made it to the playoffs and made it all the way to the Finals....Kobe was about to bounceremember that. As soon as a player has a bad game cats wanna come in talking about their overrated.
laugh.gif

I don't see the Lakers beating the Celtics 4 games straight--3maybe...so this Series is bordering on flatline.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

most overrated player in the nba

gasol_trophy_rookie.jpg

How is he overrated when he's basically the reason the Lakers made it to the playoffs and made it all the way to the Finals....Kobe was about to bounce remember that. As soon as a player has a bad game cats wanna come in talking about their overrated.
laugh.gif

I don't see the Lakers beating the Celtics 4 games straight--3 maybe...so this Series is bordering on flatline.
He's overrated because he's the only Lakers starter capable of shooting above 50%. That's horrible.

One thing,

As I've been saying all year long, some bench decorum needs to be in place for the C's.

On the first play where Perkins was called for a foul Cassell jumped onto the floor...

Then on Sasha's 3 towards the end, Posey and House jump up, scream and throw a hand out at him.

that should be a T. But they've let them get away for it for 100+ games now, so it won't happen.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

One thing,

As I've been saying all year long, some bench decorum needs to be in place for the C's.

On the first play where Perkins was called for a foul Cassell jumped onto the floor...

Then on Sasha's 3 towards the end, Posey and House jump up, scream and throw a hand out at him.

that should be a T. But they've let them get away for it for 100+ games now, so it won't happen.
you gotta be kidding me right? yelling and making gestures from the sidelines has been going on for years like seriously these guys are pros and theyare use to it so in one sense you are right the league is not gonna make a big deal of it unless something major happens. so please dont give any more lakersfans ideas for excuses on why they are gonna lose the finals.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Yes!! I cant wait till Boston wins this and all the Lakers fans cry late into the summer with hundred page posts about why they should have won... GO BOSTON !!!!!!!!!!!!

Co-signs, I hate this organization with a passion. Some of the replies in this thread just re-enforce it.

I'd still like to know the difference between a Laker fan crying about the game... and a Laker hater crying about Laker fans.

nerd.gif

Anyone?

Oh that's right, there is no difference; they're both crybabies.
laugh.gif

Lots of crybaby, whiners in here... and not all rep the purple and gold.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by FYALADY

and then it suddenly turned into a hispanic vs. black thing and it got outta control. !%@@ was bananas!!
LOL. Fans acting stupid.

It's kinda funny how there are so many hispanic Laker fans when there is only 1 hispanic player in the NBA, Najera who shouldn't even be considered as an NBA player. lol just loving the game?
Aside from the back and forths and general immaturity in many of the arguments here, this has to be the stupidest thing written in this entirethread. My god FYALADY, are you really that lame or are you just flexing your right to be an ignorant bigot? Apparently, the answer is a resounding YES to bothquestions. I'm not even goinjg to get into it because I don't feel like getting banned today, but you really need to get your head out of your %%*.Moron.

Is it a good idea to have your finals officials crew all be lead officials on a normal crew? The only ref last night that didn't seem to be attempting todictate the tempo of the game was Kenny Mauer. Delaney and Stafford were all over the map with their calls.

Where's the Zen Master video? I thought he was going to let er rip on the NBA.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

One thing,

Yes. Hoot and holler all you want on the bench, but you cannot step onto the field of play without being at least warned by the officials.

This wasn't really talked about but Rondo probably played the game of his life yesterday.
Setting up plays, comtrolling the ball, you'd think this wasn't his 1st Finals game watching him yesterday.

Good for him, he outplayed Fish

the north west:
I completely agree with the guy talking about if a person who has played organized basketball has a more valid opinion about basketball in comparison to someone who has never touched a basketball in his life.

Just because you watch basketball on TV doesn't automatically mean that you are a basketball analysis

Players and explayers on average have a better understanding and are more knowledgeable due to their ACTUAL experience with basketball
jefffort5:
thank you.....thank you...thank you..at least one person understands where im coming from

No one said they didn't understand what you were saying. You had trouble explaining what you were saying, so I kept trying to guess, andfinally I said something that you felt represented your opinion, so you agreed with it. Then I stated that I disagreed with it. No one said they didn'tunderstand your point. I was the only one you were in discussion with on the matter, and I never said I didn't understand you.

I just disagreed. Because it's ******ed.

Disregarding someone's opinion because of their lack of experience is ******ed. Disregard their opinion because they don't know what they'retalking about, which you would need to learn by listening. Don't disregard them because they lack experience; disregard them because they have no idea whatthey're talking about.

And no... just because you lack experience doesn't mean you don't know what you're talking about.

And no... just because you have experience doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

There are plenty examples throughout history of people who have been given positions despite having no prior experience of that position and they excelled.According to your line of reasoning, you wouldn't have even given them a shot, and you would have given their position to someone who had done it before.EVEN if the person had done it before and failed miserably, your logic would warrant that they are clearly better for the job.

That's just ******ed. It's ignorant, narrow-minded, and presumptuous.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Lakers do in Game 3.

Will they use the Pick-N-Roll, which was working, more
Will they stick to the Triangle?

Like I said earlier,
I want to see Phil take Vlad out and put Kobe at the 3 with Sasha at the 2.
That's the line up he used/uses in the 4th quarter of close games anyway.
Sasha is a pesky defender that can bother Ray Allen and Kobe could get to try and stop Pierce.

I feel that Phil is too worried on what Vlad can do on the offensive end(in terms of spacing, size, shooting) and not focusing on the fact that he can't guard Pierce on the offensive side of the ball.
You wouldn't lose much in terms of shooting with Vlad out and Sasha in anyway

Originally Posted by outkast9984

stop f-ing crying about the refs. if anyone saw the game the lakers hardly drove to the basket. they werent aggresive and thats why they didnt shoot many free throws

points in the paint:

lakers- 40
celtics- 34

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

enhh im so dissapointed with how we are playing we finally get Pau to play with some emotion and attack the rim i mean hell he dunked on KG within the first 10minutes of the game...he was ready nobody else wanted to ride with him ntil the last 5 minutes of the game. I think im gona retire from these threads until theseries is over nothin but nonsense goin on, We can still do this we just gota wake the ##%@ up.

I am a Lakers fan and i want them to win but theres too much complaining about the refs..

Odom and Gasol have disappeared for 2 games..

The Lakers bench had 23 points in game 2 and 30 in game 1, thats just not going to get it done

and lets be real, Kobe has been very average-24 and 30, thats just not good enough on the road..and when your the best player in the world and the "secondcoming of Jordan",there is no excuses..it looks like for the Lakers to even win on the road, Kobe is going to have to just take over and go off for like40-50..

but their going home now so the role players should play better..but unfortunately for us Lakers fans the Celtics dont have to win on the road to win thechip..

I have three pieces of advice for the Lakers.

1) Upon the first screen set by Kevin Garnett I recommend the charging bull treatment.
2) After a whistle when Garnett tries to stop the ball from going into the basket just throw the ball at his face.
3) Paul Pierce has a so called bum knee. Whatever, you still better close out on threes and make him attempt to drive past you.

You can make Kevin Garnett beat himself.

I suppose my thoughts on the game don't matter because my sig says Lakers in it, therefore anything I say I'll just be lumped in with all the otherLaker fans, whether what I say is true or not.
smh.gif

10 - 0 run in the 2nd quarter, and the 11- 0 run in the 3rd quarter did us in. Can't have long stretches like that.
I didn't see KG do a damn thing last night. But his "passion" was amazing. Ya know, being that I never saw him do anything.
laugh.gif

Peirce is lookin like MVP right now.

And well, whatever. We have to play better. Hopefully we get the same home court advantage the Celts got.

We need to sweep the 3 games out in LA. Must wins, all of em.

The Lakers are 8-0 at home in the playoffs
The Celtics are 2-7 on the road in the playoffs.

The series isn't over yet, the Spurs who got dominated the 1st 2 games vs. the Hornets came back to win the series.

Kobe had decent 30 and 24 point games. He NEEDS to takeover and dominate

^ Good point (on the Spurs).

And they really did get dominated, too. EVERYONE on here was talking about the Hornets being in the Finals after those first two games.

Spurs won Game 7 in New Orleans.
nerd.gif

The NBA, where a homeless guy shoots more free throws then my entire team......

Off the bench

Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom