Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Ooooooh... don't know if I can co-sign on that one.
embarassed.gif
smh.gif

I've lived on the streets before, and it's no fun not having an address, man. I have nothing but respect for Powe working to get where he is.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

embarassed.gif
smh.gif

I've lived on the streets before, and it's no fun not having an address, man. I have nothing but respect for Powe working to get where he is.
Word, come on CP.
Leon Powe is a good guy

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybe the reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....
Yes.

nooooo...better question...do any of you all play organized basketball.....*90%*of th nt'ers sit down*

Uh...actually I do...both....so........next question....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

The Lakers are 8-0 at home in the playoffs
The Celtics are 2-7 on the road in the playoffs.

The series isn't over yet, the Spurs who got dominated the 1st 2 games vs. the Hornets came back to win the series.

Kobe had decent 30 and 24 point games. He NEEDS to takeover and dominate

no its not over..but the Celtics dont have to win on the road,the Lakers HAVE to..realistically you would have to imagine that the Lakers will lose at homeeventually..im concerned with the Lakers being able to beat the Celtics on the road

the Celtics are not the Hornets..their three best players have all been in the league 10+ years and all have playoff experience..The Hornets were veryinexperienced and their best player in Chris Paul has only been in the league 2 seasons and this was his first playoffs..

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

embarassed.gif
smh.gif

Word, come on CP.
Leon Powe is a good guy

Come on now guys, I know Powe is a good dude, that's the whole point, he is safe now, he is taken care of, there is no need for him to worry aboutwhere he's going to live ever again.

I am referring more to ABC bringing it up 57 times and this just happens to be the game he goes off. Halftime specials and sh*^. It's almost like theyknew he was gonna hve a big game or somethin.

I'd like to see Turiaf get 15 free throws and then see if ABC has a bunch of after school specials about his heart surgery. But that's just me.

And i saw on like page 70 something that some one was wondering why our D was so bad lettin dude run 60 feet and dunking. Clearly, the Laker bigs didn'twant another foul called. Better to give up the 2 points then the and 1.
wink.gif

That game had to be rigged last night. Lots of screwy things going on...I don't think I've ever seen a Finals game like that.

Not even the extended make-up calls throughout the second half evened the balance in the Lakers' minds. There was an unnecessary foul on Ray Allen, a questionable offensive foul on Rajon Rondo and Lamar Odom rode P.J. Brown out of bounds on a rebound attempt with no call.

Most blatant of all, Vladimir Radmanovic took so many steps he looked like he was training for the Boston Marathon when he went in for the breakaway dunk that cut the Celtics' lead to four.

The Lakers had their breaks, too, and couldn't capitalize.

that's straight from espn.com

People want to claim the game is rigged, blame the officials, etc. but fact of the matter is, the Lakers bench did not get the job done, AGAIN.

Honestly, from a non-objective point of view, I think the role players of the lakers (SPECIFICALLY Vlad and Vujacic) are a little too comfortable shooting offthe dribble. They both took a number of questionable shots that it seemed made #24 VERY UPSET, especially that one with a few seconds left.

I wouldn't blame Kobe if he went back to the old #8 strategy. Or better yet, the #8 and #16 strategy only.

Does the NBA realize how pathetic the league looks when the national TV crew is providing commentary like "I'd make it 7 fouls before you'redisqualified" or "no more foul disqualifications"? The color commentators ARE TALKING ABOUT THE REFEREES and NOT THE F'N BASKETBALL GAME.They have to notice.

The ratings are up so there are bound to be new viewers tuning into the NBA. If this is what they see and hear from the league approved faces and voices thesenewcomer fans are going to be surprised when they see a game where 8th men off the bench don't shoot double digit free throws.

Remember, even though Mark Cuban says the refs had little to do with the 2006 Finals it is common knowledge that the 2006 finals were perhaps the worstofficiated NBA finals ever. if the league has another debacle in their premier contest of the season they could have a very big problem on their hands.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by cicco1212
laugh.gif
You ain't lyin. I was thinking the same thing watching the game.
Yea i made this photoshop quicky because all of the lakers fans are making fun of pp, however kobe is doing the same stuff

I don't know what y'all were watching but I didn't see Kobe complaining about any calls after that 1st quarter.

Watch the damn highlights......Kobe got so pissed at the refs he stopped speaking to them altogether. Look at all his reactions after getting fouled. He justshook his head and moved on.

And even though he was being sarcastic........he didn't say jack about the refs in the postgame interviews neither. So y'all can stop with the crybabyBS.

Jordan never complained about the refs?
laugh.gif
Get a grip.

Laker/Kobe haters are 1000x worse than some of these misguided Laker fans.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it, Lakers fan never cease to amuse me

I aint seen this much crying about officials since the 06 Finals, cause that was fixed too right ?

Paul Pierce will be Finals MVP, book it

Back
Top Bottom