..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Always a good day when you beat the cubs
pimp.gif

aa435d57c304ee8049a9024c1cd3c8a2a29a06e.jpg

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Long season boys, get your jabs and toast your beers while you can.
i hope lol.

While we can?
roll.gif
You're still the Chicago Cubs

This one is for my favorite Cubs fan on this board
wink.gif
fd115bc1ea490e1aaca59f000649db44b9f6963.png

^^^^^^^^^Ruthless......I wouldnt speak soo soon though........Cards arent looking bad, but im still not confident they can keep looking good all year, andagain ill say, i said the same thing the year they won the WS..........soo this might be a good thing. lol

ANKIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im starting to think this dude is serious
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

i hope lol.

While we can?
roll.gif

wink.gif
laugh.gif
you're killing me.

and Josh Fogg is also killing me right now.
mad.gif

[table][tr][td]
Ankiel, Looper guide Cards over Nats

Center fielder backs righty's solid effort with two-run homer

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
ST. LOUIS -- Rick Ankiel's second home run of the season got things going, and Braden Looper made the early lead stand up as the Cardinals beat the Nationals, 5-4, at Busch Stadium on Friday night. It was the third straight win for St. Louis.
After Brian Barton led off the game for the Redbirds with a double against Odalis Perez, Ankiel cranked the first pitch Perez threw him deep to right field. Albert Pujols followed with a double, but was stranded there when the inning ended.

Washington cobbled together a run in the top of the fourth, but in the bottom half of the frame, St. Louis stretched its lead back out. Looper's groundout to the right side with two men on made it 3-1, and Aaron Miles singled for the fourth run.

Making his first start of the season, Looper was steady and in control. He held Washington to a single run on three hits, striking out three and walking two. Most tellingly, the right-hander got 12 outs on the ground, versus just three in the air -- and one of those was a popup to him. Only three balls left the infield over Looper's six innings.

The Cardinals could actually have broken it open much more. They left a runner on base in each of the first five innings and went 2-for-13 with runners in scoring position.

At 3-1, the Cardinals are already further above .500 than they were at any point in 2007.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Good win, I hope we sweep these bastards.

Good game, got kinday scary there a few times at the end of the game.......and AGAIN ITS IZZY...........UGLY AS HELL.......but in the end its still aW........at least he`s consistant hahahahaha

It's just not the same without zo
smh.gif
, thank God for TheOther A19& [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]pacmagic2002[/color]

The lack of offense with the Cubs needs to stop. I know its early, but damn....Fukudome is the only consistent guy in the lineup right now.

smh.gif
, thank God for TheOther A19 & [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]pacmagic2002[/color]

What happened?? Did he get banned or somethin?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

smh.gif

He has made the short black list, which means he was most likely i.p. banned. If he somehow is able to get around that and come back, he is a ban on firstsite candidate. The Admins/Mods don't want him on this site anymore.

If the Cubs could hit as consistently as Zo-Doggy got in trouble, we'd be unstoppable.

xQMoHObv.jpg

[table][tr][td]
Wainwright stymies Nats, helps himself

Cards righty tosses eight strong innings, collects RBI single

By Nate Latsch / Special to MLB.com

[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
more_coverage_stl.gif

[table][tr][td]Cardinals Headlines[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Cards top Nats for fourth straight victory
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Pineiro closer to rejoining Cards' sff
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Cards put Springer on DL, recall Jimenez
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Looper delivers as Redbirds edge Nats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Cards' Wainwright's time finally comes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• More Cardinals Headlines[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]MLB Headlines[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Lee, Fukudome lead Cubs past Astros
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Gomes delivers four runs as Rays win
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Cards top Nats for fourth straight victory
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Parra nearly unhittable in Brewers' win
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Jays win in a cakewalk over Red Sox
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
ST. LOUIS -- After his Opening Day assignment was washed away by the rain, Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright continued the string of strong starts by the St. Louis rotation on Saturday afternoon.
Wainwright allowed two runs on eight hits over eight innings as St. Louis defeated Washington, 5-4, at Busch Stadium for the Cardinals' fourth consecutive victory.

The Cardinals (4-1) close out the three-game series with the Nationals (3-3) at 1:15 p.m. CT on Sunday before heading on the road for six games.

The Cards gave Wainwright (1-0) -- who struck out four, walked one and threw 64 of his 107 pitches for strikes -- some early run support.

St. Louis scored first with back-to-back two-out singles by Wainwright and Cesar Izturis, the No. 8 and No. 9 hitters, in the second inning.

Yadier Molina added to the lead with a two-out, two-run single past Nationals first baseman Nick Johnson in the third inning to score Rick Ankiel and Albert Pujols.

Johnson got the Nationals on the scoreboard with a fourth-inning single to score Ryan Zimmerman. Johnson added a solo home run, his first of the season, in the eighth.

Right-hander Anthony Reyes relieved Wainwright and allowed a two-run home run to Jesus Flores in the ninth. Left-hander Randy Flores came in to record the final out for his fourth career save.

Nate Latsch is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

This Cards team is off to a good start and technically should be undefeated. The bullpen is still shaky though, but the offense is manufacturingruns and contributing effectively.

[h1]Fukudome leads late game charge for Cubs[/h1]
37522721.jpg

Kosuke Fukudome hit a tiebreaking two-run double in the seventh inning and Derrek Lee was 4-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs to lead the Cubs to a 9-7 winover the Houston Astros on Saturday.

Carlos Lee went 3-for-4 with a home run and two doubles, and Astros ace Roy Oswalt lost his second game of the season.

Cubs reliever Kevin Hart (1-0) pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings for the win and Kerry Wood worked a scoreless ninth for his second save.

Trailing 5-2 in the sixth inning, Derrek Lee doubled to right and moved to third when Fukudome bunted safely for a hit. Lee came around to score on a passedball by Astros catcher Brad Ausmus.

Ryan Theriot was walked by Oswalt leading off the seventh inning and pinch-hitter Mike Fontenot reached on an infield single. They moved up on AlfonsoSoriano's groundout. Theriot scored on Reed Johnson's groundout, then Lee drove in Fontenot with his fourth hit of the game to tie the game at fivechasing Oswalt.

Astros reliever Oscar Villarreal walked Aramis Ramirez and Astros manager Cecil Cooper went with left-hander Wesley Wright to face Fukudome. Fukudome workedthe count to 3-2, then hit a line-drive double past left fielder Carlos Lee, scoring Derrek Lee and Ramirez. Mark DeRosa added an RBI double to give the Cubsan 8-5 lead.

In his second start of the season, Oswalt (0-2) allowed six runs -- five earned -- on 10 hits.

Cubs reliever Bob Howry gave up a single to Darin Erstad and a double to Carlos Lee in the eighth inning. Erstad scored on Miguel Tejada's ground out andpinch-hitter Geoff Blum drove in Carlos Lee to cut the score to 8-7.

Johnson hit an RBI-single in the ninth to make it 9-7.

smh.gif

He has made the short black list, which means he was most likely i.p. banned. If he somehow is able to get around that and come back, he is a ban on first site candidate. The Admins/Mods don't want him on this site anymore.

Damn, what the hell did he do? But anyway, Damn Reyes............Why do they always have to do something to make the game all dramatic?? Again ill sayit, a win is a win.
Glaus SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, silver lining is that rolen is hurt and is out for a few months...........They need to lookelsewhere for a 3rd baseman.

smh.gif
, thank God for TheOther A19 & pacmagic2002

He has made the short black list, which means he was most likely i.p. banned. If he somehow is able to get around that and come back, he is a ban on first site candidate. The Admins/Mods don't want him on this site anymore.

Damn, what the hell did he do?

let's just say his immaturity finally caught up to him.

i see you Corey Patterson and Paul Bako.
pimp.gif

Brewers are going to win the division. The only way we don't win the division is if we get hit by the injury bug again. Once we get Yovanni back frominjury and Cameron back from suspension we'll be even better. This is going to be one enjoyable and unforgettable season.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Brewers are going to win the division. The only way we don't win the division is if we get hit by the injury bug again. Once we get Yovanni back from injury and Cameron back from suspension we'll be even better. This is going to be one enjoyable and unforgettable season.

Calm down, it's one week. Last year didn't teach you anything? You need more then one decet starting pitcher to win a division. We'll bethere at the end, you'll see.

It's going to be hilarious if neither the Brewers or the Scrubs win the division, a lot of %%#* talking in the 1st week already.

i hope lol.

While we can?
roll.gif

wink.gif

roll.gif
I feel loved...

anyways.... FUKUDOMEEEEEEE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom