..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

It's nice of Pignatello to come in and throw 8 straight balls and walk in a run cutting the lead to 2.

IDIOT !!!!

What the hell happened? I left my house and the score was 7-0 and I come home and turn on WGN and the score is 8-7. Oy.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

What the hell happened? I left my house and the score was 7-0 and I come home and turn on WGN and the score is 8-7. Oy.

Our defense has been awful today.
grin.gif

At least Soto caught his first basestealer.

Lets go D. Lee..

Damn, i gotta leave for work in like....3 minutes........good 'ol Pat & Ron on the radio though

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by aRog27

If I were a Reds, Brewers, and maybe even a Cardinal fan, there would be reason to be optimistic after a week of baseball, but guys seriously, your drinking up that happy juice pretty damn quickly. One great start for a young pitcher doesn't mean that he's gonna do that every time out. I'm not saying that those young guys won't perform, but there's over 150 games left to go!!!!

Milwaukee's gonna be there at the end, no doubt. Too much offense and Sheets going complete yesterday was HUGE for them.

The Cardinal offense has been great, and the pitchers are doing a good job.

A week does NOT define a 162 game season, especially when that week is the first one.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not delusional by any means.
yessir. i haven't even posted in here very much since the start of the season. yes, i'm happy with the start of the season, you don'twanna start slow. i think we DO have the pitching to contend this year. it was great to see Cueto and Volquez have great starts as i think it will do wondersfor their confidence...you'd hate for your young guys to go out and get shelled thier first game. but i'm not going ot proclaim us (or anyone for thatmatter) as the 08 division champs right now.

with that said, i'll be in here more this week...big series witht the Brew Crew. let's get it Ty.
glasses.gif

It's also funny how dudes get gassed after playing the Giants and Nationals.

And our bullpen, sans Marmol and Woody...smh at you guys today.

Good to see the depth of the pen. That Pig guy sucks though.
laugh.gif

I suspec there will be some defensive drills ran tomorrow.
embarassed.gif

truthmain wrote:

It's gonna be funny when they sweep you bums.

Hey now, easy with the name calling. We'll let you Cardinals park our cars while Z and co do work on ya'll. No reason we can't becivilized while we own you again this season.

Own us again this season?

cc135199c95bee3b401404ed144fdf707661102.jpg

If my memory serves me right, you also had the upper hand in the seasonal match up in 06 too, how did that work out for you guys?
laugh.gif

I find humor and comfort in knowing none of you will ever witness the Cubs win a world series.

Originally Posted by CP1708

truthmain wrote:

Hey now, easy with the name calling. We'll let you Cardinals park our cars while Z and co do work on ya'll. No reason we can't be civilized while we own you again this season.

Be careful there now buddy........The cubs have been choking off the same wang for the last 90-100 years, the hell makes you think this year is anydifferent????

pacmagic2002 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

truthmain wrote:

Hey now, easy with the name calling. We'll let you Cardinals park our cars while Z and co do work on ya'll. No reason we can't be civilized while we own you again this season.

Be careful there now buddy........The cubs have been choking off the same wang for the last 90-100 years, the hell makes you think this year is any different????

We Cubs man, there's always hope.
laugh.gif

Don't worry Born, it'll happen someday and you'll be in hiding thinking that the apocalypse is comingfor sure.
wink.gif

Damn......Back to back dingers........Nice run while it lasted, i knew that first pitch right down the middle stuff wasnt gonna last long, oh well

Cards Come Back, but Fall Late....hopefully into a Black Hole

spiezio_1.jpg

HOUSTON -- The Cardinals' first 2008 foray into hostile territory provided a valuable reminder on Monday night: Every mistake can be costly.
Todd Wellemeyer threw 85 of the best pitches of his life, mixing in only two duds, and left the game with a deficit. Kyle McClellan missed with twofastballs, and it added up to the first loss of his Major League career. Despite a game where on balance they played and pitched beautifully, the Cardinalslost to the Astros, 5-3, at Minute Maid Park.

St. Louis rallied for three runs against Houston closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning, then watched as the hard work went for naught in the Astros'home opener. Superb outings by Wellemeyer and Wandy Rodriguez both went without decisions in what turned into a bullpen game.

Miguel Tejada's two-run homer off the rookie McClellan ended the game and sent a sellout crowd of 43,483 home happy, ending a memorable battle betweenthe two rivals. Carlos Lee singled off McClellan to open the ninth, and Tejada followed with the game-winner.

Cubs Blow Big Fat Lead, but Nab W in 12th

37600527.jpg

Cubs Win 10-8
PITTSBURGH - Cubs manager Lou Piniella joked about "taking a dip in the Allegheny River" before Monday's game against the Pirates on asunny afternoon at PNC Park.

But after watching his team blow a seven-run lead only to come back for a wild 10-8, 12-inning win in a 4-hour-47-minute marathon, Piniella had a change ofheart.

"If it would've been a nine-inning game, I would have," he said. "But 12 innings? It's a little cooler out there."

Piniella had a chance to laugh after a game that defied credulity. If the Cubs had blown it, Piniella was told, he just might have jumped off the nearbyRoberto Clemente Bridge.

Instead, the Cubs survived with a two-run rally in the 12th without the aid of a hit, starting their first road trip of the season on a winning note. AramisRamirez's sac- rifice fly off Evan Meek brought home Ryan Theriot with the go-ahead run, and Jon Lieber notched the win with three innings of scorelessrelief.

"It's huge," Lieber said. "These guys are notorious for comebacks like that. I don't know how many times I've seen that at thisballpark."

Despite committing three errors, walking eight Pittsburgh hitters and letting that seven-run lead slip away, the Cubs managed to deal the Pirates their 13thloss in their last 15 home openers.

Own us again this season?

cc135199c95bee3b401404ed144fdf707661102.jpg

If my memory serves me right, you also had the upper hand in the seasonal match up in 06 too, how did that work out for you guys?
laugh.gif

I find humor and comfort in knowing none of you will ever witness the Cubs win a world series.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom