..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Awww I am feeling the love. A Cubs fan helping out a Reds fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Awww I am feeling the love. A Cubs fan helping out a Reds fan
laugh.gif

i think that's cuz the Cubs feel that us Reds pose no threat to them winning the division.
laugh.gif

we got news for 'em.
glasses.gif

2v27evp.jpg

pimp.gif

how these seats? i just picked best available. i'll take what i can now, and maybe upgrade and dump these tix later.

Got myself 5 games.... plus three in st louis, its been a good day i am content and happy. two tix to each game for me and my wife (no GF, i have a real wifelol)

i found a view from sec. 229:

how many rows up before 229 starts? does it start where that rail is?

my first trip to Wrigley, a day game vs. the Reds
pimp.gif

You're gonna love Wrigley, wildKY....people always talk about the fans who just sunbathe and drink beer, but the stadium is full of life and true baseball,and more specifically, Cubs fans who love their town and city.

I can't get why management turned down Tony from going after Bonds. Throw that dude in front of Pujols, make pitchers throw him strikes or else he'llwalk right in front of Albert. How can that not work out good for them? Only concern would be D in LF, but they aren't going to win a lot of pitchingduels anyways, take a chance with some thunder. Maybe he wants too much money, I don't know, but I think that would be a dream lineup to put him in withPujols.

Did zodogg get banned yet again?
No he's ok. He was in the Suns thread yesterday. Born, what have you heard with the Bonds story? I know his best fit is in the AL, butapparently Tony wants him and was turned down? What do you think?

Also, I hope DeRosa is ok and it turns out to just be a quick scare and nothing serious. Anytime the heart is involved, it's not something to beoverlooked.

frown.gif

This dude aRog posted that horrible flashback. I'm sad doggy, I wanted to break my freakin' tv after watching that, and now I wanna break my computermonitor after re-reading that.

Anyway looks like Lou is putting Fukudome in the 3rd spot, moving D-Lee to clean-up and putting Aramis in the 5th spot. Looks like our line-up will look like:

1. Sori
2. Theriot
3. Fukudome
4. D-Lee
5. A-Ram
6. DeRosa
7. Soto
8. Pie or Fuld

Solid line-up, if Pie can do what he does defensively and Soto continues on his stretch from last season, I would put our line-up against anyone. HopefullyFukudome can adjust and D-Lee can do well in the clean-up, dude tears it up in the 3rd spot.

I didn't hear about the Bonds story; I literally have been sick in bed with bronchitis and haven't been in the loop. I imagine the St. Louis ownershipjust doesn't want to deal with a character like Barry. Putting him in front/back of Pujols would be lethal, but I think the cons out weigh the pros on thisone. I can't imagine Barry being anything but a DH, he just cant contribute on the field everyday anymore.

Originally Posted by truthmain

frown.gif

This dude aRog posted that horrible flashback. I'm sad doggy, I wanted to break my freakin' tv after watching that, and now I wanna break my computer monitor after re-reading that.

Anyway looks like Lou is putting Fukudome in the 3rd spot, moving D-Lee to clean-up and putting Aramis in the 5th spot. Looks like our line-up will look like:

1. Sori
2. Theriot
3. Fukudome
4. D-Lee
5. A-Ram
6. DeRosa
7. Soto
8. Pie or Fuld

Solid line-up, if Pie can do what he does defensively and Soto continues on his stretch from last season, I would put our line-up against anyone. Hopefully Fukudome can adjust and D-Lee can do well in the clean-up, dude tears it up in the 3rd spot.
Fukudome better have a decent start to the season then, because I don't like Aramis batting 5th. I'd rather see him swing 4th and get as manyat bats as we can. But if F dome can produce like everyone says he can, we should be fine, and he should see good pitches to hit with Lee and Aramis behindhim.

De Rosa is the one I'm worried about now.
frown.gif

I didn't hear about the Bonds story; I literally have been sick in bed with bronchitis and haven't been in the loop. I imagine the St. Louis ownership just doesn't want to deal with a character like Barry. Putting him in front/back of Pujols would be lethal, but I think the cons out weigh the pros on this one. I can't imagine Barry being anything but a DH, he just cant contribute on the field everyday anymore.

Absolutely. It is a hot topic here in St. Louis. Basically, the Cardinals already have enough defensive woes in the outfield (Chris Duncan, Juan Gonzalez,trading away Jim Edmonds, Juan Encarnacion) so Barry would just make it hell on earth. I'm glad management turned down this one.

Originally Posted by CP1708

No he's ok. He was in the Suns thread yesterday. Born, what have you heard with the Bonds story? I know his best fit is in the AL, but apparently Tony wants him and was turned down? What do you think?

Also, I hope DeRosa is ok and it turns out to just be a quick scare and nothing serious. Anytime the heart is involved, it's not something to be overlooked.

No he got banned in the Tenn. vs Memphis thread. It looks like forever too.

God I need to head out to Wrigley again this summer. Thank God I'm going back to the Chi for the summer, but for the time being I'm stuck inNats/O's country but I'm excited to see the new Nats stadium. Hope Derosa is aight.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Originally Posted by CP1708

No he's ok. He was in the Suns thread yesterday. Born, what have you heard with the Bonds story? I know his best fit is in the AL, but apparently Tony wants him and was turned down? What do you think?

Also, I hope DeRosa is ok and it turns out to just be a quick scare and nothing serious. Anytime the heart is involved, it's not something to be overlooked.

No he got banned in the Tenn. vs Memphis thread. It looks like forever too.

What? What for?

What a cop out, I wanted some of that when the Suns got swept in the first round. Payback a motha.
laugh.gif

A damn shame about ZoDogg.....

I hope DeRosa is ok too..the guy is a class act and a hell of a baseball player. He plays 4 different positions and bats all around the order. Solid guy tohave on a team.

I thought it would've been

1. Soriano
2. Fukudome'
3. D. Lee
4. Ramirez
5. DeRosa
6. Theriot
7. Soto
8. Pie

We'll see....either way, the top of the line-up has potential to lead the league in runs.

zo just can't seem to get out of his own way
smh.gif

I am not sure if any other Cardinals fans are going to stick it out an entire season with me in here. What the hell did zo say in the Memphis thread that gothim the boot?

Back
Top Bottom