Official: 2008 WCF Game 3: Lakers @ Spurs 5/25 5:30PM Game On TNT HD

LamarOwnsem:
Lamar had a poor shooting night, but at least he stayed aggressive and tried to score, got some boards and assists.

Fisher did absolutely NOTHING out there. He needs to go at Parker and make him work on defense so Parker doesn't have legs to drive to the basket. (Damn, if we had Bynum, all those Parker layups would be blocked.)
My dudes.
frown.gif

I agree with you, though. It was like a carbon copy of Game 1, except we couldn't come back.

In games 1 & 3, Fisher began the game by letting parker dictate how the PG matchup would turn out. In Game 2, Fisher's first like 6 shots were at therim, and a couple of them were and-1 opportunities. HE dictated the PG matchup, and Tony was playing 'catch up' all night.

Go back to Game 2, D-Fish.
frown.gif
Come out and freaking ATTACK that little 4foot, contorting, twisting, stutter-stepping, hesitation-dribbling, 'fly-by-anyone-I-want' ******.
laugh.gif

Nah, seriously... Parker is crazy underrated. Dude twists his body and his line of attack to the basket so many different ways.
sick.gif
Finals MVP for a reason, in my opinion.

You guys are asking a lot of Fisher. He is much older than Parker. Chasing around someone like Parker is flat out tiring. I can't see it getting any easierfor Fisher the rest of this series. He can't attack Parker as much because he is getting worn out. Spurs are playing this for a long series. Just wear outthe Lakers. LA needs to close this out quickly. The only Spur that used any energy tonight was Manu. Everyone else was getting fairly easy stuff. Like someonementioned, Duncan had the easiest 20-20 game you could have.

^ Good points but I don't think even the Spurs can survive their plan of a long series (if that is, in fact, their plan). Their bench of Finley, Barry,etc. are pretty old and it'll be hard for them to come out and hit clutch shots when they are playing every other day.

Originally Posted by soychulo

You guys are asking a lot of Fisher. He is much older than Parker. Chasing around someone like Parker is flat out tiring. I can't see it getting any easier for Fisher the rest of this series. He can't attack Parker as much because he is getting worn out. Spurs are playing this for a long series. Just wear out the Lakers. LA needs to close this out quickly. The only Spur that used any energy tonight was Manu. Everyone else was getting fairly easy stuff. Like someone mentioned, Duncan had the easiest 20-20 game you could have.

if this goes game 7. lakers got it at home. no doubt.

well like pop said this was the freshest the spurs had been this series cause he gave them the day off sat. if he gives them today off we could see a similareffort on tuesday, but hopefully manu won't channel his inner kobe again and come out on fire, beanhead needs to guard him when he's out on the floor.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

well like pop said this was the freshest the spurs had been this series cause he gave them the day off sat. if he gives them today off we could see a similar effort on tuesday, but hopefully manu won't channel his inner kobe again and come out on fire, beanhead needs to guard him when he's out on the floor.
Which is what I think all teams should do during the playoffs. The coaches can give the players the day off in between games because there alwaysis only a one day break...then they can come together and construct their plan on game day. The coaches should schedule practice in between series in myopinion.

It keeps your team fresher, and it's not like these NBA caliber players need to pick-up a basketball every day.

Originally Posted by soychulo

You guys are asking a lot of Fisher. He is much older than Parker. Chasing around someone like Parker is flat out tiring. I can't see it getting any easier for Fisher the rest of this series. He can't attack Parker as much because he is getting worn out.

But he could at least put in some effort. Four shots from Derek is not enough. Getting 10-12 points a game shouldn't be hard for him since it'shis average, as long as he shoots the damn ball.

Obviously, last game for the Lakers was just a bad one. We all know that.

The one huge problem I see is point guard play. Somebody, anybody, has to stop Parker from doing whatever he wants. Farmar is doing the best he can, but itisn't doing even a dent in Parker's play. Fisher can play decent D on him, but will get tired the hell out.

If the Lakers cant stop Parker in this series, I have a feeling it might not be a pretty ending.

Yes, the Lakers are up 2-1. But the tide has turned a complete 180.

I think the play of the point guards will determine the outcome of the series.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Just like i expected, the Lakers are getting exposed for the frauds that they are on national TV. Smh Manu is just abusing any lakers scrub they put on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored over 45 tonight. Like i said, the Spurs aren't even tripping being down 0-2 to these jokers, they will storm back with ease handing the Lakers a Backdoor sweeping this series. I fully expect them to push this lead by over 20 in the second half and never looking back.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Just as i predicted. The Lakers got their $%+!! handed to them sumthin crucial. The Spurs have life now. They will pull off that back door sweep of these sorry as lakers come next weekend.
pimp.gif

You predict the same nonsense every Laker game. Don't gas yourself up now.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Spurs came out with a perfect game plan, they got Manu off early, and he sparked them.

Pop out-coached Phil, and not many other coaches can do that, but Pop is one of the best out there.

This is what defending champs do, adjust. No way in hell I expected a sweep.

I hope to see Ariza come off the bench in Game 4 at an earlier stage, because he can be the defensive spark that they need.

--Lakers will be ready for game 4. I saw Kobe's face as they walked off the court after game 3 and he was not pleased. Lamar and Fish will have bounce nackgames. Phil will have his guys ready, just like game 6 in Utah...I'm not saying Lakers will dominate, but they will grind out a W.

Damn some of my fellow Lakeshow fans are GREEDY?! It was only 1 game, to the defending champs too. Now I wasn't expecting a sweep, but I didn't thinkwe would get demolished in a game like we did last night. Tomorrow nights game is big, hopefully they can pull it out and really take this series over goinginto Staples on Thursday.
Kobe needs to get to the line for real.
Fish needs to give us that game 2 DFish (word to ska)
Lamar's got all the moves in the world, but it just seems like once he misses a couple in a row, he starts getting antsy and starts getting out of thegameplan with offensive fouls or bonehead plays.
Pau's really got to man up, especially in this series, Spurs ain't a joke.
All in all I think this will be a good learning experience for the Lakeshow and I expect them to come out with a vengeance tomorrow night in San Antonio.

i say put ariza at the point to guard parker or ginobli

it wouldnt hurt...

go back to the big guards of the bulls

phil needs to think

smh.gif
@ easy shots Pau and Lamar missed

gotta give credit to the spurs they played great especially Manu

Yeah Lakers came in and just laid and egg...

Nobody seemed focused enough to play the full 48 minutes coupled with the fact Spurs came out ready to play.

Lamar needs to stop "laying himself out" at the rim because all he does is just miss easy opportunities
smh.gif

Bench could not score for the life of them, nobody defending the perimeter, Radman and his half hearted foul swipes, Kobe's desperation 3's...game wasjust flat out ugly.

Hey at least Ariza gettin PT...

[h1]Lakers' Lamar Odom takes the blame for Game 3 loss[/h1]

'I put this one on myself,' the powerless power forward says, and he reels off his statistics to prove his point. He says he will practice and do better in Game 4 against the Spurs.

May 26, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- The media crowd pours into the cramped Lakers locker room, looking for the goat, braying for the bum, loaded for Lamar.

He calmly buttons his black-checked shirt and beats them to it.

"I put this one on myself," Lamar Odom announces. "I take the blame, totally, for this game."

The Lakers had just lost Sunday to the San Antonio Spurs in Game 3 of the Western Conference finals, a 103-84 whipping that doubled as a three-hourembarrassment for their powerless power forward.

Who calmly wipes the sweat from his bald head and keeps the heat on.

"There is no way I can play like that," he says. "I've got to play better than that."

A TV network asks him for a live interview, and he says sure.

"You were two for 11," the interviewer says.

"I also had five turnovers," he says.

A writer asks him whether he can describe what happened, and he says of course.

"I got to the free-throw line and didn't make free throws. . . . turned the ball over," he says. "That's not good enough. Especiallyon the road with this type of atmosphere, this type of intensity."

Another writer asks whether he can talk about what happens next, and he says certainly.

"I don't sleep tonight," Odom says. "I keep the TV off. I don't read the newspaper. I get out to practice tomorrow and get my butt tothe free-throw line."

Yet another writer crosses the room and explains the entire conversation to Derek Fisher.

For the first time in this dreary postgame closet, somebody chuckles.

"There is no way on this good green earth that Lamar Odom cost us that game," Fisher says, smiling. "But you know something? That is why we keepgrowing as a team. Because everybody in here makes themselves accountable. Nobody points fingers, everybody looks at themselves."

Indeed, if the Lakers eventually win a championship, Odom's postgame confessional Sunday will rank as one of the important playoff moments.

If they don't, well, this awful loss will do all of the talking.

The Lakers had a chance to put the final crushing squeeze to the Spurs on Sunday, but they just didn't seem excited about squeezing.

The Lakers could have easily finished the Spurs on Sunday, but they didn't seem ready to finish.

Lamar is a good dude

he needs to finish his damn Lay ups though. he has no problems getting to the rim, but sometimes he just doesn't finish and completely misses

Yeah, Lamar has taken accountability of himself during his bad games, even in some of the Lakers victories.
Hopefully, D Fish, Pau, Lamar, and others can pick it up for Game 4; Kobe can score how ever many points he wants to, but if the others are not contributing,the Lakers are not going to win.

taking the blame for mistakes in a game is one thing, fixing those mistakes and turning them into positives for your team is another so will see if he bouncesback..

Every time Odom and Fisher have a bad night, they bounce back the next game to perform well. I expect Tuesday night to be no different. As well as Gasol.

I'm not worried.

Back
Top Bottom