Official: 2008 Western Conference Finals Game 2: Spurs vs. Lakers 5/23 6:30PM Game on TNT HD

smh.gif

Isn't too early for this thread? And the Spurs don't play at the Alamo Dome anymore. AT&T center.

You can't start this thread until gameday..which is different from Game 1s. The Game 1 post was made right after the Spurs beat the Hornets, so thereforethat person started the thread so people could talk about all the stuff leading up to game 1. For games 2, 3,4,5,6,7 you have to wait until gameday to startthose.

Therefore......

2lnjpyq.jpg

Originally Posted by JPZx

You can't start this thread until gameday..which is different from Game 1s. The Game 1 post was made right after the Spurs beat the Hornets, so therefore that person started the thread so people could talk about all the stuff leading up to game 1. For games 2, 3,4,5,6,7 you have to wait until gameday to start those.

Therefore......

2lnjpyq.jpg

Like anyone really follows the rule anymore. I don't even think the mods really care about it either. Hopefully the Spurs can get this one.

I thought the rule wasn't until the day before the game. Technically it's Thursday over here so the thread is right on schedule.

Y'all should really sleep on these wins. Who is really thinking about Game 2 tonight? I'm sure Kobe is going to sleep on this win tonight.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Why are people complaining when the game 1 thread got started 2 days before the game ?

smh.gif

Kidskillz,

The rule was we would keep the game one thread open untill game day for game 2. People could continue to discuss the game and the series in the game threaduntil the next game thread should be made which is game day.

If Ska keeps it open thats on him. But the rule was your not supposed to make another game thread until game day.

I thought that rule of starting gameday threads on gameday was dropped from the playoffs...of course, I wouldn't know.
laugh.gif

tupac003:
The rule was we would keep the game one thread open untill game day for game 2. People could continue to discuss the game and the series in the game thread until the next game thread should be made which is game day.
Correct.

*locked*

man, i feel bad the spurs lost the first one, but they should be able to recoup. it was a bad tumble though.

it was fun watching the lakers (aka kobe) come back with full control. he's done that before, but i think he's starting to perfect that first halfjekyll/second half hyde thing

when he gets like that and his teammates manage to cooperate, it's lights out

I don't like how people were basically proclaiming the series over after 1 game. I think the 20pt lead the Spurs had was just an aberration. The bottomline is that the Spurs were -1 from the end of the 1st half to the end of the 3rd quarter. Their achilles heel in the previous series was the 3rd and theymanaged to hold a lead heading into the 4th. Did they just run out of steam? Who knows, but the argument can be made that the Lakers didn't play at theirbest either.

The only thing that was disappointing is that the Spurs did not execute down the stretch. Tony and Tim are the pillars of the team, but Manu is the only realthreat they have when it comes to finishing off a game. If he's not playing well, the Spurs can't win close games.

Heading into Game 2, I really hope that Coach Pop goes back to Finley as a starter. Even though he's had some success coming off the bench, it's betterto get him involved early. If he can get some shots in, that will hopefully give Manu some rest so he can be ready to go in the final minutes of a game.

Bottom line, I felt that for the Spurs to win the series, they had to split the first two games. If this series is pushed to 7, there's no way that SanAntonio can win in L.A..

LET'S GO LAKERS! The rest of the guys outside of Kobe need to come out sharp tomorrow, cause I see him doing the very similar to Game 1, trying to get histeammates involved early and hopefully they can finish the plays, but Kobe also needs to be more aggressive taking it to the hole and try to collapse thedefense and according to how the Spurs defend him, make the correct decision accordingly. I just hope if Vlad comes out good, Phil doesn't decide not toput him in for the entire rest of the game. Pau needs to make Timmy put the ball on the floor and we need to shut down the lane like we did in the 2nd half. Dothat, we go up 2-0 back to SA. Please win Lakers, cause I'm not gonna be able to watch the game cause of my cousin graduating tomorrow.

i expect another low scoring game with manu and parker having a better game and better chance to win

with that said, prove me wrong lakers!

Let's Go Lakers!
I know that we're not going to be rusty, like the first 30 minutes in Game 1, and be down by like 20.
Kobe and Pau will get their numbers, but D Fish and Lamar and the rest of the bench mob must contribute also.
We have to win this, in order to take a 2-0 lead heading to San Antonio. Go Lakers!

Eh, the Lakers are SUPPOSED to win at home, and loss at home is a bad sign, if the Spurs go 1-1, they have the obvious advantage.

i expect a good game again. the Spurs kinda blew a chance to steal a game in game 1, but they are capable of doing it again. i expect [sheed] both teams toplay hard [/sheed]

Back
Top Bottom