OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Recorded the ManU game, just got done watching. Great game! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I dont think Rooney's PK was a dive. He was clearly touched by the keeper, as far as Rooney being able to control it, that is a totally different story.Glad United got the win.

sucks man utd had to win in such a controversial fashion. i feel for you guys. i cant help but wonder though that if the shoe was on the other foot if folkswould feel the same way. also had man utd had won on 2 legit goals instead of a fishy pk and an own goal im sure the ole "we didn't havecec,nasri,rosicky,etc. maybe not on nt but in other boards. sukcs to be an arsenal fan now though. sorry fellas. i feel bad.

damn though inter was on fire today or maybe milan will just be bad this year.

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
at rm just barely deportivo.

tough game...dont even want to comment on the penalty that man u was awarded. diaby...tough break i guess
smh.gif
laugh.gif

we'll get em next time

Like I said after the game, it's just a game and we're not going to go undefeated, we just have to learn how to keep what we're doing the 1st halfand carry that domination to the 2nd half and get more goals. Hopefully after the International break, we can give Man City a whooping.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
at rm just barely deportivo.

Deportivo are a good side and played well today. That doesn't mean RM barely beat them though; they created so many chances it was ridiculous. Theyjust got a little exposed in their box, mainly due to Garay starting and Sergio Ramos absent. It was a fine performance IMO and they'll only getbetter.

At first I thought this ref was going to allow some contact in this match after Fletcher murdered Arshavin in the box...but the 2nd half proved otherwise afterhe gave that gift to twinkle-toes Rooney.

Go to 1:30...

i just saw the Eduardo dive and i cant believe the crap you guys are giving Rooney. If Rooney dived then VDS would have caught arshavins ball with his eyesclosed.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

1st half Arsenal did very little wrong, could and should have been 2 or 3-0 at the break. 2nd half was just stupid and that penalty was a complete joke. To compare Eduardo to that was just stupid, 2 different teams, leagues and different game. The ball was punted all the way into the stands and Almunia barely touched him and he goes down, I love how the ref made no hesitation to give that as a PK but Arshavin getting taken out completely by Evra was not? C'mon...this game was officiated HORRIBLY, I mean just look at the amount of yellow cards given out. Arsenal lost the game, United sure as hell did not win it.

dude I think you live on fantasy island or some #@%+. 3-0 at the break? who says something like that? Thats like saying every time arsenal shoots theyshould score. If you wanna give arsenal three goals than give us three also bc fletcher, nani, and berba missed great chances. Arshavin was not taken out byevra....he was standing still with the ball and fletcher made first contact with the ball then got arshavin whose like 5'5 and cant take a hit. let it go.

Man U can thank the refs, what horrible officiating.

Arshavin gets taken out in the box by Fletcher no PK awarded.
Rooney dives before contact is made and is awarded the PK.
Crap yellows throughout the game

Typical match at OT though.

Despite the bad calls Arsenal still should have won, they were clearly the better side.

Don't know what Diaby was thinking on the own goal but after his error he really stepped up his play.
If he played with that focus from the start of the game then maybe he doesn't f-up.

The defense was solid although Clichy was horrendous on the offensive attack.

Song played well but another CDM is needed.

Ramsey was dissapointing as a sub, would have liked to seen Wilshere instead.

RVP has yet to impress me so far.

It should be a tough one against City, it will be interesting to see Ade and Toure on the other side.

It is very important to come away with a point.

I keep telling you guys...van Persie looks terrible out there because he's playing out of position. Dude is a beast when he plays as a right-winger orright-sided secondary striker. After selling Adebeyor we no longer have a natural center forward on the team so RvP is playing there for now. He's a muchmore effective player when he has the ball at he's feet and he's attacking the goal. The first few games of this season he's looked useless outthere waiting for the ball to come to him near the box.

British tabloids are reporting that Arsenal will make another offer for Chamakh before the transfer deadline. I'm pretty confident a deal will be finalizedas Chamakh will be a free agent after this season and Bordeaux will probably lose him for nothing. Not only that but other clubs can begin negotiating with himin January so dude's mind will be elsewhere halfway through the season. They said Bordeaux wants 10 million pounds while Arsenal offered 5 million so theyaren't too far apart. I dont know anything about him but it'll be nice to have a natural CF on the club...anyone that can take away minutes fromBendtner is cool in my book
laugh.gif

The only thing is that he'll be playing for Morocco in January during the African Cup so he'll miss around 3-weeks of action for Arsenal.

They're also saying that Wenger may make a move to sign Patrick Vieira for cheap. Kind of ironic since we havent found a suitable replacement for him 3+years after he left.

Bastard...Almunia sure took out his knees alright
smh.gif

rooneydive.jpg

If we can get Chamakh it'll be great, I wanted Wenger to sign him before the season even started, I've always loved watching him on Bordeaux.

Back
Top Bottom