OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Fox Sports World decides to fail on me for some unknown reason 2 minutes before the start of this game. I missed both goals taking about 15 minutes to speak with a live human being from my cable service. My cable company infuriates me!

Drogba
pimp.gif

Good win. Nice job by the back line and added pressure by the forwards.

Drogba, no need to explain.

Song was at fault for the first goal, Clichy for the 2nd.

Brilliant tactical display by Chelsea. They brought 8 guys back to defend but were able to cause problems every time they went forward. They only had maybe 2 good chances in the first half and scored on both of them. Arsenal had maybe 8 good chances in the first half but only 1 of them was dangerous (Arshavin's shot on Cech). Arsenal were never really in the match and despite controlling possession for so long, they failed to generate solid chances throughout the match.

Arsenal are a complete mess right now.

They have a bunch of talented players that simply are not good enough. They have 3 midgets running around in attack and they keep crossing the ball in to the box with no target man around. They try to walk the ball in to the net which is almost impossible to do against teams like Chelsea that commit so many guys to defence. Then when Arsenal have 7-guys committing to attack, they get burned on the counter-attack.

I think that Arsenal have some pieces in place (they are strong at CB, AM, LW, RW) but this team needs upgrades at almost every other position. It looks like they'll be getting Chamakh in the summer on a free transfer but it'll come at the expense of another wasted season.

Carlos Tevez wrote:

They have a bunch of talented players that simply are not good enough. They have 3 midgets running around in attack and they keep crossing the ball in to the box with no target man around. They try to walk the ball in to the net which is almost impossible to do against teams like Chelsea that commit so many guys to defence. Then when Arsenal have 7-guys committing to attack, they get burned on the counter-attack.

I think that Arsenal have some pieces in place (they are strong at CB, AM, LW, RW) but this team needs upgrades at almost every other position. It looks like they'll be getting Chamakh in the summer on a free transfer but it'll come at the expense of another wasted season.
Well put Carlos, they really need some height in the club. RVP is missed.  
And what else can be said about Drogba, dude is just a beast, so exiting to watch
pimp.gif
. And I was watchin the Madrid game yesterday, do they have their own version of the Viva Ronaldo chant now?  I thought i heard it...

-And WTH is going on with the FSC HD ?  My games are saying they are broadcasting in it, but I'm not getting it.  Is that just for Europe?  Im guessing we may get it in a couple months in the states, anyone got any info?

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Well put Carlos, they really need some height in the club. RVP is missed.  
And what else can be said about Drogba, dude is just a beast, so exiting to watch
pimp.gif
. And I was watchin the Madrid game yesterday, do they have their own version of the Viva Ronaldo chant now?  I thought i heard it...

-And WTH is going on with the FSC HD ?  My games are saying they are broadcasting in it, but I'm not getting it.  Is that just for Europe?  Im guessing we may get it in a couple months in the states, anyone got any info?

if you have time warner, the channel will launch on the 1st of march.

Wenger's next transfer target. Start him in the middle of the park next to Song and Fabregas and watch Arsenal take the Premiership by storm...

3983449269_273c1ebc81.jpg

pimp.gif

Carlos Tevez wrote:

You hear about Wenger's other transfer target. This kid from Uruguay. No details on when they boy will be conceived, but Wenger is keeping a close eye on it.

Honest question, and I think about this a lot. Why would Cesc want to go back to Barcelona right now? I realize he will eventually, but why now? He wouldn't even start for them unless Iniesta or Xavi is injured. is he going to take over on the left wing for Henry? I just don't get it.

On a side note, Arsenal really need some points tomorrow. Its getting ugly.

Big game today...Liverpool vs. Arsenal...battle for 3rd place
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Some rumors out of Spain that Fabregas has a 'verbal agreement' to join Barca this summer. I dont think it'll happen that early but Fabregas to Barca is inevitable.

Another rumor is that Arsenal are about to sign Maroune Chamakh to acontract soon. This is the guy Wenger targeted as Adebayor'sreplacement but wasn't willing to pay a transfer fee for him knowingthat his contract was set to expire this summer. The result? Arshavinas the #1 striker and another 3rd/4th place finish
smh.gif

Why would Cesc want to go back to Barcelona right now?
I think that Cesc would start on Barcelona right now. I dont think Henry has much of the future with the club so perhaps they switch up their formation a bit to accomodate Cesc? I think it'd work out. Barca wont spend 40+ million on him just to have him sit on the bench.

Any of you see these 2 new pieces of info? Good news for us soccer fans here in the U.S. Slowly getting more options on TV

http://www.epltalk.com/es...s-in-u-s-exclusive/15705

[h1][/h1]
[h1]ESPN Reaches Deal To Show More Premier League Games In U.S.: Exclusive[/h1]
by The Gaffer on February 10, 2010 · 39 comments

ESPN has reached an agreement with Fox Sports International tosub-license more Premier League games beginning with the 2010-2011season, a source confirmed to EPL Talk on Tuesday.

The number of games ESPN will show during the 2010-2011 season willbe 83, which is almost double the number of Premier League games shown(48) by ESPN during the current 2009-2010 season.

Currently, ESPN has sub-licensed the rights from FSI to show the Saturday 7:45am ET and Monday 3pm ET kickoffs.

As of press time, the additional time slot ESPN has acquired for the2010 season was unknown, but EPL Talk believes it’s most likely the8:30am ET Sunday time slot because it won’t conflict with other liveprogramming that ESPN provides. The other possibility is that ESPN maytake the Saturday 10am ET time slot since several games are availableat that time, but the issue ESPN will have is where to place the EPLgame since ESPN has its College Gameday program during that time slot.

When asked to comment on the story on Tuesday afternoon, an ESPN spokesperson said “We have nothing to announce at this time.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Some rumors out of Spain that Fabregas has a 'verbal agreement' to join Barca this summer. I dont think it'll happen that early but Fabregas to Barca is inevitable.
I think it will happen over the summer.  It's his birthright to play for Barcelona. He belongs there.

By the way, this match today won't be televised on any US cable channel, will it? I've searched, but I'm coming up empty.

W.t.f...Champions League finals on Fox?

Can you imagine Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling the game with Terry Bradshaw giving some halftime analysis?
laugh.gif

W.t.f...Champions League finals on Fox?

Can you imagine Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling the game with Terry Bradshaw giving some halftime analysis?
laugh.gif

smh.gif
*Watching football outside of the US* ~ FTW...
laugh.gif

Anyway... time for some big midweek fixtures!

Nani displaces Valencia again!  
nerd.gif
  Well, the boy's playing some good football... who's to argue with Sir.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I think it will happen over the summer.  It's his birthright to play for Barcelona. He belongs there.

By the way, this match today won't be televised on any US cable channel, will it? I've searched, but I'm coming up empty.
Match is on Setanta, so not unless you have that. www.live-footy.org if you have sopcast is a good place to watch.

I'm fine with Fabregas leaving, if and only if le Boss re-invests the money and gets us a striker and a goalie.

Meanwhile, Utd. can't seem to buy a decent pass with their entire payroll... 
And are down 0-1 
eyes.gif

But yet another OG to even things up.

Nani shows his youth by committing a pointless cleats-up challenge on a 50-50 ball the middle of the field and gets sent off for his efforts. Kills momentum that ManU had built up.

Chelsea and United both 1-1 at half, Pool and Arsenal are scoreless. Big opportunity for Arsenal to rope themselves back into it or perhaps Chelsea to pull away.

Whew, Arsenal get the win, Diaby atones for the atrocious own goal against United early in the season. Big win for the Gunners especially with Chelsea losing as I type and United drawing Villa. Don't totally count out the Gunners with the ease of their remaining schedule. It certainly won't be easy or likely, but it is possible.

On a side, how lucky are United? 10 freaking own goals this season, the old Premiership record was 6. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

On a side, how lucky are United? 10 freaking own goals this season, the old Premiership record was 6. Ridiculous.
To be fair, Scholes seemed to be in great position to knock it in even if Collins hadn't deflected it into his own goal. And I was pretty impressed by the way United dominated the second half with ten men on the pitch. If anything, Villa should be very happy to get out of there with a draw. 

Back
Top Bottom