Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

what do you guys think about my team?
Should i let Kevin Love go?

30hmrlv.jpg

My friend said this is a not a good squad at all for head-to-head (I've never done H2H before).. what are your opinions?
8-Person H2H league:

d9625d3e8ba96fabde6a1447bba57c3e14b7dd0.png

moz-screenshot.jpg

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

should i move chandler and get ryan gomes?
Personally, I think Chandler is expendable. Chandler was never a great shot blocker to begin with. His point production sucks. I think he'sjust good for rebounds. I'd definitely make the move for Ryan Gomes. Just be sure to have a plan for a Ryan Gomes replacement when Love comes back.

Originally Posted by jordan723

NEED YOUR HELP, OPINION, INSIGHTS!!!!!!

This is my squad, since this is my first year of fantasy basketball I don't know much so let me know if I need help in any area and some possible players that might still be available off waivers. Im in a 12 team league and this is my squad:

PG Russell Westbrook
SG Joe Johnson
SF Danny Granger
PF Andrea Bargnani
C Andrew Bogut
G Kevin Martin
F Paul Milsap
UTIL Tony Parker
UTIL Ramon Sessions
UTIL Samuel Dalembert
Bench Hasheem Thabeet
Bench Stephen Curry
Bench Julian Wright

Thanks in advance!
People that might be on waivers: Roy Hibbert, Yi Jianlian, Brandon Jennings, Johnny Flynn, D.J. Augustin

While you don't have any real good "assist guys," I think you did well. Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Ramon Session (though I think he'splaying SG with Flynn at PG), Steph Curry, and Joe Johnson.

I think you did well with points. Granger, Joe Johnson, Westbrook, Parker, and Martin will put up points.

Rebounds might be a struggle. I'd maybe get one more rebounder.

You got 3 really good 3pt shooters in Joe Johnson, Danny Granger, and Andrea Bargnani, but your're not going to do well in that category. Probably middleof the pack. Try to fix that. Maybe Steph Curry can help, but he's not shooting well as of right now.

Originally Posted by OfficerRicky

18-team league (3rd pick) categories are listed..
any suggestions? im stacked in assists for an 18-team league so should i trade a pg + randolph or thompson for a legit big man? or will both randolph/thompson be worth keeping

2zstny0.jpg
18-team league? Yeah, get another big man. Now if you're asking me who to trade between Randolph and Thompson, I can't answer that withoutsome homerism from me
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
, but I'll say that Randolph has been hurt. He's taking time off to recoup, so if he hasn't been all that great inpre-season, you know why.

Or you can get another 3pt shooter. With Wade, Westbrook, and Rondo, you're getting no 3's from your backcourt.
laugh.gif

With Wade, Rondo, and Chalmers, I think it's safe to say you got the steals category all wrapped up... unless someone has Kidd, Paul, Ariza, etc.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

What do you think of my team:
7 team league, I had the first pick
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]LeBron James, Cle SF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Joe Johnson, Atl SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Monta Ellis, GS PG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]Zach Randolph, Mem PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]29[/td] [td]Derrick Rose, Chi PG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Andris Biedrins, GS C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Troy Murphy, Ind PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]56[/td] [td]Emeka Okafor, Nor C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]57[/td] [td]Rashard Lewis*, Orl SF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]70[/td] [td]Jason Richardson, Pho SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]LaMarcus Aldridge, Por PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]84[/td] [td]Shane Battier, Hou SF[/td] [/tr][/table]
categories:
[table][tr][td]oints (PTS)[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]Blocks (BLK)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals (STL)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]Assists (AST)[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds (REB)[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]Turnovers (TO)[/td] [td]-1[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Free Throws Made (FTM)[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]Three Pointers Made (3PM)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Triple Doubles (TD)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]
It's kind of hard to gauge a 7 team league for me. To be honest, all teams would looked "stacked" to me.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

what do you guys think about my team?
Should i let Kevin Love go?

30hmrlv.jpg
So you're holding on to Kevin Love until he comes back? Who else is on your FA?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

12 team league

2hdxzrm.jpg
I see you're trying to hold on to Kevin Love, as well.
laugh.gif

Your team can put the ball in the basket with Gilbert, Caron, Monta, Rashard, Bosh, and Iverson. Rebounds with Bosh, Okafor, Bynum (barring injury
nerd.gif
), Love(when he comes back), and Chris Andersen. I think you'll be in a good position for blocks with Bosh, Okafor, Bynum, and Birdman. You're going to becompetitive in steals with Gilbert, Monta, and Iverson. You're going to struggle with assists though and maybe in you could use another 3pt shooter.

I do think you have a really solid team, though.

I'm really REALLY gonna need AI to average at least 20 a game, and around 6 assists. You think he'll be able to do that in Memphis after he comes back?

Any word on where Sjax might be headed?

my first NT team is set
smokin.gif
, but my Lakers NT team is high risk high reward lol

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I'm really REALLY gonna need AI to average at least 20 a game, and around 6 assists. You think he'll be able to do that in Memphis after he comes back?

Any word on where Sjax might be headed?

my first NT team is set
smokin.gif
, but my Lakers NT team is high risk high reward lol
There is almost no way that AI averages 20 and 6 on that team
sick.gif
Unless Conley goes down AND either Rudy or Mayo go down, I see AI averaging at best, 17 and 4. The latest word on Sjax is that he's gonna stopdemanding to be traded.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

I GIVE UP - CP3
I GET - DIRK/KOBE & JOSE CALDERON

YAW OR NAW?

that's a definite yes. Wow, Never heard of a trade like that lol

nublee, damn
ohwell.gif
I'm still holding out hope for AI though lol. And ifSjax does get traded I hope it's to a losing team where he can get a lot of minutes and not a contender

i think i did an okay job im not too excited for my team this yr. i had number 3 pick with 8 teams tell me what yall think.

Billups
Joe Johnson
Nelson
Durant
Brand
Duncan
Gerald Wallace
Nene
Antawan Jamison
T. Evans
Redd
Conley

http://fantasy.nba.com/pick_one/leagues

League Name: NBA 2k10 Champion Edition
PW: wwf

The rules of the game are simple. You pick a player every day of the season, and you can't pick the same player twice. Add up the number of points,rebounds, and assists (PRA) that your player nets in said game, and that's how many points you receive. Oh, with one exception that is: rookies are worthdouble points (see Number Five below)!

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

I GIVE UP - CP3
I GET - DIRK/KOBE & JOSE CALDERON

YAW OR NAW?
I don't know maybe I'm biased cuz CP3 is the #1 player on my team, but I wouldn't trade em. It depends on the rest of your lineup. Dirk gets you pts and rebounds. Kobe gets you points a few reb. and steal or two. Calderon is a sleeper imo: FT%, assists, 3PM, decent PPG. If you have agood backup PG for calderon then I guess go for it. I currently have a pending trade for Dwight Howard. I'm offering Horford and Rondo. In case thtdoesn't work, I'm offering Tyrus Thomas too and asked for Jason Terry along with Dwight. Good idea? I need rebounds, blocks, and PTS to get in myleague still because my #1 Reb. is Horford (9.3pg), Thomas is #1 Block (1.7pg), and pts (CP3 22.5).

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Look

I TRADE
CP3
Blake Griffin
Anthony Randolph

I GET
Nowitzki
Bogut
Gerald Wallace

Discuss

eek.gif
laugh.gif
that you would even consider that trade. I wish you were in my leagues.

Different league:

I give up:

Bosh
Biedrins

I get

Brooke Lopez
Dwight Howard

This league counts both ft% and ft made

Should I drop Shaq, Birdman, or Flynn for any of these guys

Courtney Lee
Jennings
Hibbert
Nocioni
Kevin Love

Drop Birdman and get Hibbert unless u need the blocks. I'd say drop Flynn and pickup Jennings but Flynn played pretty solid is pre-season and is probablygonna get more playing time.

What's up guys?

My draft is tonight, and I was just wondering: what are some sleeper picks, "sta away from" picks, and any other useful help.

Last year I won, but I got lucky. I need to have better drafting skills, so can someone help me out?

Gracias

I am in a 10 team leauge. What do you think of my team. My weak points are gonna be blocks and rebounds I think but should hit tons of 3s plus good % andassists

Jose Calderon
Mo Williams
Jamal Crawford
Ramon Sessions
LeBron James
Rashard Lewis
David West
LaMarcus Aldridge
Boris Diaw
T.J. Ford
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Kelenna Azubuike

Would you guys trade Deron Williams and Chris Bosh for Danny Granger and David Lee???

Back
Top Bottom