Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

now he shows up
laugh.gif

CC slice knocked em out
pimp.gif

I'm still not used to the Angels being called "LA"
laugh.gif
During that last game in Fenway, kinda was shocked fans were chanting "Beat LA" i was all .. umm, we're not the Dodgers

Any of you want to do me a favor this weekend, for tomorrow's game and Monday's game?

I have a weekend job which SEVERELY limits my ability to sit at a desk and be online or sit on front of a t.v. and watch a game.

To any of you who know me and you know that know you: would you care to just text me anytime anything happens during the games 2 and 3, tomorrow and Monday?

Doesn't even have to be anything elaborate. "bases loaded, Yankees, 2 out, 5th inning," then maybe a couple minutes later "single scores 2runs, 4-2 Yankees, 1st and 3rd, 2 out" or "inning over, still 2-2"

I wish I could offer something like PayPalling you a few bucks or something, but I can't.
ohwell.gif

PM if you can help me out. I have unlimited text, by the way.

For those of you that can text from your computer (Sprint users can; I know because I have Sprint, and I've texted people from Sprint's websitebefore), it would be pretty easy for you if you're already going to be watching the game and chatting on NT.

Like I said, PM if you can help me out, and I really appreciate it.

*puts face back in palm*

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Yankees win playing Angels ball........small ball hmmm intersting.

What? We won because of great pitching and very sloppy defense on the Angels part, c'mon man.
grin.gif

About the game, like I said I was following on the road through ESPN radio, but I'm at home now.

At my last count, the Yankees put TEN PEOPLE on base with 2 outs. 10. TEN. DIEZ!! THAT... is Angel baseball.

And what about Angel baseball/smallball? Why didn't we play it? Because freaking CC was MONEY. I swear, our batters may as well just entered the battersbox with an 0-2 count from the jump, just to move the game along faster so we wouldn't all have to wait through the first two strikes that were bound tohappen.
frown.gif

I knew when CC went from the Brew Crew to the Evil Empire, it would come back to hurt us. I knew it, I could feel it, and it has, at least for one game.

Hopefully, JUST for one game.

lights out starting pitching + Jesus H. Christ in relief + putting men on base w/ 2 outs = victory

Every time, I don't care what anyone says.

C.C Pitched great. Not worried about the short rest

And we can always count on our bats

I mean, it's barely touching... but touching.

Once again, the ump gets it right.

I have so much respect for MLB umps. Best among all professional officials.

I honestly can't remember the last time there was a questionable call that I saw replay of or saw a picture of, like that Teix picture, and the ump got itwrong.

Obviously, it happens. Hell, I haven't seen the play at the plate by A-Roid Rage, coming through like a runaway, downhill train, but according to SHUGES,that one was called wrong.

Maybe.

But even if it was, MLB umps are crazy accurate.

Son never tageed aroid... ska I know u got a DVR is your gonna watching sportscenter, mlb network, or whatever wen they show the play at the plate play it inx-mo you'll see

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Son never tageed aroid... ska I know u got a DVR is your gonna watching sportscenter, mlb network, or whatever wen they show the play at the plate play it in x-mo you'll see

Spell check ftl
smh.gif
but you know what I'm trying to say... check it out for yourself

^ Oh, thanks for hitting me up.

icandunkonu (Yankee fan who has apparently sworn himself to silence from posting in the thread) gave me a heads up about ESPN's service where they textmembers on sports alerts.

I logged into ESPN, set up my alerts, and I think I'm good for tomorrow. Those dudes are going to be texting the CRAP out of me.
laugh.gif
I set it up toreceive texts for:

Angels
- game start
- scoring plays
- end of 3rd, 6th, and final inning

Dodgers:
- game start
- scoring plays
- end of 3rd, 6th, and final inning

UK football:
- game start
- scoring plays
- end of quarter + final score

UK basketball (kinda disappointed there isn't more available for this one):
- game start
- halftime + final score

Lakers:
- game start
- end of every quarter + final score

Titans:
- game start
- scoring plays
- end of every quarter + final score

laugh.gif

ska, you got a Blackberry?

laugh.gif
@ ska's inbox filled with good ppl offering to help him out with the game/s and yet he thinks SOOOOOO many ppl have a problem with him.

^ Actually, FoamNYC and dako were the only two to offer.
frown.gif
So it's a good thing I wasn't using this as any sort of barometer for an approval rating oranything.
laugh.gif

No joke, thanks to you two, though. Much appreciated. And thanks for the heads up on ESPN's alerts, icandunkonu. Much appreciated.
smokin.gif

And no, I don't have a Blackberry.

Palm loyalist right here (Palm Treo 755p).

I'm been riding with Palm, Oakley, and Nike since like '97.
laugh.gif
Old habits die HAAAARD.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Actually, FoamNYC and dako were the only two to offer.
frown.gif
So it's a good thing I wasn't using this as any sort of barometer for an approval rating or anything.
laugh.gif

No joke, thanks to you two, though. Much appreciated. And thanks for the heads up on ESPN's alerts, icandunkonu. Much appreciated.
smokin.gif

And no, I don't have a Blackberry.

Palm loyalist right here (Palm Treo 755p).

I'm been riding with Palm, Oakley, and Nike since like '97.
laugh.gif
Old habits die HAAAARD.
Son, you might as well add Ocean Pacific and Nautica to your list.
smh.gif

laugh.gif

But nah, if you had a BB instead of a Palm, I would've had your back.

Cuz non-unlimited text plans FTL!

BB Messenger > *

You only have unlimited text to other BBs?

'Cause... I have unlimited text... to anyone.

Missed the game cuz of work.

heard the first inning in the car tho
smh.gif

Gonna watch the game tomorrow and check your PM, Ska.

Good game yanks

^^ you didn't miss much
smh.gif

got to play 'angel baseball' which is make the fundamental plays... no mental errors... manufacturing runs. we can't be whacking at every pitch.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You only have unlimited text to other BBs?

'Cause... I have unlimited text... to anyone.
Naw, I don't have unlimited text.

I was talking about Blackberry Messenger. It's similar to having yahoo messenger or aol or msn on your phone.

It's free b/c it's on the BB (Blackberry) network and only works with BBs. So it's kind of redundant for me to have unlimited texting when my BBpretty much already has unlimited messaging via the BB Messenger.

Back
Top Bottom