OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

eek.gif
raffy almost %$*%@% that one up

eek.gif
butterfingers
laugh.gif

nice job by belli
dodgers are gonna score here
pimp.gif

Lets %%+***% go, raffy kinda hurt himself.

Good sign raffys been swinging the bat better.

Odog with the sac
pimp.gif

great effort o-dog.

wade is not the same, every ball has been hit hard off of him this inning.

a lebron buzzer beater and dodger close to losing i ant watching sports center tonight this girl better turn me out tonight

laugh.gif
turn on the Keri Hilson
laugh.gif

These guys didn't deserve the result tonight which is why i'm not even mad. But in all honesty, neither of the two did, more like a tie. Too many damnguys left on the bags, !#!+ is sad.

Better be a good one tomorrow

in my opinion kershaw's piss poor performance really set the table on the tone of the game.

kershaw threw too many pitches and left his defense out there too long, how does he follow bup a @+%*%@% no-no going into the 8th and yet his next performancehe falls behind basically every hitter.
smh.gif

one day we see kershaw take a couple steps forward, the next day he takes a couple steps backwards - its gonna be growing pains with this kid.

it's almost comical to see Ethier in the cleanup spot.

also cory wade's last couple outings have been pathetic on a whole 'nother level, if he's injured then fix him up - dont let him hurt the team bybeing out there.

yes im mad cause my homie (angels fan) texted me right after they won
indifferent.gif

Blake is hot %+%! while Ethier is just plain %+%! rightnow

i'd swap em for a game to see how it goes. Forget about his "confidence", dude needs to get his head back on straight and that starts at thebottom IMHO

i understand he only gave up 1 run.

The first inning kershaw through 40+ pitches, and went 3-2 on basically every hitter.

he only got into the 5th inning with a pitch count of 97. luckily, the defense behind him makes plays which helped him get out of alot of jams.

can ethier's batting woes really be called a slump?
sick.gif

yeah
nerd.gif

btw, kuroda looked good last night in class A ie - 58 pitches in 3.1IP, 3 strikeouts & 1 walk.

what are your guys plans for memorial weekend?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

i understand he only gave up 1 run.

The first inning kershaw through 40+ pitches, and went 3-2 on basically every hitter.

he only got into the 5th inning with a pitch count of 97. luckily, the defense behind him makes plays which helped him get out of alot of jams.
I think you're expecting a little too much. He's going to have a whole bunch of starts like that this entire season. That's what youngpitchers do, they're wild. The fact that he only gave up 1 run should be a point of reference for how good he can become when he starts throwing a few lesspitches.

He's 21, and Major League hitters are hitting .207 off of him, and he has 51 K in 50 IP. Why bother finding negatives to worry about?
can ethier's batting woes really be called a slump?
sick.gif

That, or a sign of the apocalypse

I'll give credit where credit is due, but following up an outing where he was throwing a no-no and then his performance last night where he couldnt evenfind the strike zone is frustrating.

you're telling me to never focus on the negatives? it's hard to do that when he throws 40pitches in the first inning and we already know he won'tgo past the 5th inning.

ANGELS 3, DODGERS 1

[h1]Angels bullpen gets the job done against Dodgers[/h1]
By Dylan Hernandez
May 23, 2009
The game was in the hands of the bullpen.

Trouble for the Angels?

Not Friday night.

Justin Speier, Darren Oliver, Jose Arredondo and Brian Fuentes combined for four scoreless innings.

The bullpen that broke on this night was the Dodgers', as setup man Cory Wade served up a bases-loaded, two-run single to Chone Figgins in the eighth inning that sent the Angels to a 3-1 victory at Dodger Stadium.
"The bullpen has been coming together in the last week or so," Angels Manager Mike Scioscia said. "It's an important part of our club and it's great to see."

The Angels' bullpen entered the game with a 5.82 earned-run average that ranked last in the American League. But the unit has now given up only 11 runs in its last 44 innings, posting a 2.25 ERA in its last 11 appearances.

On paper, this wasn't the way the game was supposed to unfold. The 3.78 ERA that the Dodgers' relievers had entering this game ranked among the best in the National League.

With the victory, the Angels remained only two games behind first-place Texas in the AL West. The Dodgers' lead in the NL West was trimmed to 8 1/2 games as San Diego leapfrogged San Francisco into second place.

The events that caused so much jubilation in the Angels' clubhouse were the sources of frustration in the Dodgers'.

"We had 50 guys in scoring position," Orlando Hudson muttered as he raced past reporters on his way to the showers.

Six Dodgers reached third base. Only one of them scored. The Dodgers were one for 14 with men in scoring position.

Dodgers Manager Joe Torre tipped his hat to the Angels' pitchers.

"It was a good baseball game," Torre said, "and a very frustrating baseball game."

Torre admitted that his team looked like it was slowing down offensively. The Dodgers have been held to three or fewer runs in four of their last six games -- and 36 games remain on Manny Ramirez's suspension.

"We're scuffling," Torre said. "The longer it goes, the worse it gets."

Russell Martin had a particularly rough day.

Martin struck out with one out and the bases loaded in the fifth, which James Loney ended by grounding out to first. The All-Star catcher struck out again in the seventh, this time with men on the corners and one out.

"You get guys on third with less than two outs, you're supposed to put the ball in play," Martin said.

Both teams' bullpens took over the game in sixth inning, as Angels starter Jered Weaver and his Dodgers counterpart, Clayton Kershaw, quickly ran up their pitch counts.

Weaver didn't pitch as well as he did the last time he pitched at Dodger Stadium, when he lost despite giving up no hits in six innings, but fate was kinder to him this time around.

He lasted only five innings on this night, as he gave up eight hits, but he managed to hold the Dodgers to a solitary run, which was scored in the fourth inning when James Loney singled in Martin from second. The run tied the score at 1-1.

Kershaw didn't last any longer.

The 21-year-old left-hander wasn't the same pitcher who took a no-hitter into the eighth inning of his previous start, as he threw 36 pitches in a first inning that included three walks, a balk and four three-ball counts.

By the end of the second inning, Kershaw's pitch count was up to 53.

Torii Hunter put the Angels ahead, 1-0, in the top of the fourth, which he led off with a double to left. He moved to third on a groundout by Kendry Morales and scored on an infield single by Gary Matthews Jr.

Kershaw left the game after giving up four hits and four walks.

O-Dog sounds frustrated, he gave himself up to move Furcal to third after Furcal's leadoff Double.

I was watching it, and as I get more frustrated the anger turns to laughter. Needless to say by the end of the game if you walked into the room you'd havethought I was watching an 80s Eddie Murphy standup
smh.gif

I love what Wade did for us last year but this year he has been off. If he's injured then get that taken care of and come back when he's ready.

As for Ethier.. He's not even making the type of outs which are productive for the most part. Getting a fly ball to advance the runner, hitting it to theright side of the infield to advance a runner, or hitting the ball hard but right to the defense. Dude needs to wake up soon.

With Ethier slumping it basically leaves us with our two "best" hitters being out for the past couple of weeks. Luckily, Pierre, Hudson, and Blakehave stepped up.

The outting by Kershaw was somewhat hard to watch because you know what he's capable of and also the fact that he's even better at Dodger Stadium. Butit wasn't as bad as other times and he just needs to lower his pitch count. Can't try to strike everyone out.

Last night was a toss up game, it seemed, and hopefully we can get it together tonight.

all in all it was a good game i think... both teams were making CRAZY defensive plays. their infield is young as fast, and they covered the dirt well.. plu****ting it to center was always a bad idea, and torii made us pay. i mean we gave up 3 runs.. we should have had 5 or 6, and even I knew weaver had a strongpick up move, and I think it was pretty cocky on pierre to try to run on it so early.

we did leave WAYY too many people on base.. over 10 hits and only 1 run to show for it is pathetic. It was a great crowd, and not as rowdy as I thought itwould have been, like past years. of the 13 or so games I have been to this year, thats the first time I saw them lose. I hated that it came to the angels, butits baseball.. and its a LONG season.

Back
Top Bottom