OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

no i got my sisters b-day party to go to.. ill be there for the day game.. drinking at the Short Stop by 11. Bloody Marys! 2 Dollar PINTS!

Where is this bar you're always speaking of?
laugh.gif

i'll be at tonights game but I want to go tomorrow too

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

no i got my sisters b-day party to go to.. ill be there for the day game.. drinking at the Short Stop by 11. Bloody Marys! 2 Dollar PINTS!
Every time I pass by there after the game, that place looks ridiculously crowded.

Went to the game last night rocking my Angels Fitted
pimp.gif

The ese's were cool last night. Just some friendly booing anytime an angel fan got up
laugh.gif

What a terribly played game offensively last night by both teams. Aybar 2 pop-up bunts
smh.gif

Each team left like 10+ runners on base. But my boy Figgy took care of that. GG all in all. Gonna try to take the series tonight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Went to the game last night rocking my Angels Fitted
pimp.gif

The ese's were cool last night. Just some friendly booing anytime an angel fan got up
laugh.gif

What a terribly played game offensively last night by both teams. Aybar 2 pop-up bunts
smh.gif

Each team left like 10+ runners on base. But my boy Figgy took care of that. GG all in all. Gonna try to take the series tonight
pimp.gif

mad.gif
I wish i Was there
laugh.gif
I would have booed you all day ..

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Where is this bar you're always speaking of?
laugh.gif

i'll be at tonights game but I want to go tomorrow too

its on sunset just west of elaysian park rd. Its a painted black on the corner, with a neon sign that says "cocktails" out front. on the same sideof the street as el compadre. Lots of old dodger memorabilia in there.. its the home bar. fat line there last night after the game.
glasses.gif

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/

« Dodgers score one, strand 11 in 3-1 loss | Main

May 23, 2009
[h1]Dodgers sign Korean pitchers young and old[/h1]
Korean right-hander Ji-Mo Lee, 22, has signed a minor league contract with the Dodgers.

"Ji-Mo has a feel for two types of pitches that are already at a major-league level," assistant general manager Logan White said in a statement, "and he should develop into a good pitcher."

Lee was drafted by the Lotte Giants in 2005, spent the next two years fulfilling his military duty, returned to the Giants in 2008 and was released in November, allowing him to pursue a move to the U.S.

More from the release:

"I have been watching him since high school and always liked his fastball and aggressiveness on the mound," said Byung-Hwan An, the Dodgers' scouting supervisor in Korea who scouted and signed Lee. "He is a very talented pitcher with a high ceiling. It is great that we can give him a chance to play in the States, which has been his dream."

"I am honored to be a part of the Dodger organization," said Lee, who recently changed his first name to Ji-Mo 'for better luck and fresh start.'

"I often watched Chan Ho Park pitch for the Dodgers on television and it's been my dream to play in the United States. Being able to play in a Dodger uniform is a dream come true. I will do my best to develop in the minor leagues and contribute to the Dodgers as soon as possible."

[The] Dodgers also signed another former Lotte Giants pitcher, Hyang-nam Choi, 38, to a minor league (triple-A) contract earlier this week. Choi played for the Kia Tigers (1990-96, 2005) and LG Twins (1997-2004). In 2006, Choi was signed by Cleveland Indians to a minor league contract (triple A). He then went back to Korea and played on the Lotte Giants (2007-08).

Eric Stults threw a bullpen session Friday and appears ready to start for the Dodgers in Colorado on Tuesday, reports Ken Gurnick of MLB.com. Jason Schmidt pitches at Albuquerque tonight at 6:05.

We dont NEED, but it'd be nice to see more Koreans and Mexicans in this organization.

Not that i'm complaining about our on-field product at the moment, but i'd love to see the team be a reflection of the fanbase, sans the cholos. Itallows for the fans to be more attached to the club, thus more $$ for the team

If a taco can be infused with korean bbq and/or kimchi - I too am with the notion of bringing in more mexican and korean born players.

Let's start first with Adrian Gonzales, and then go from there.

laugh.gif

Pretty much the same lineup tonight.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, ethier will break out of his 'slump' tonight.

This is weird.

FSN Prime Ticket the dodger pre-game is like mixed with Angels broadcasters.

who do you guys consider a bigger rival giants or angels? For me its the giants just cause i stay in the bay.

Originally Posted by sinser13

who do you guys consider a bigger rival giants or angels? For me its the giants just cause i stay in the bay.
The Giants.

Even without Barry Bonds, the rivalry and the hatred versus the Black / Orange runs deeper than the Angels. It isn't the same as it use to be though.

The giants no question

the halos arent rivals in my eyes, they play down the freeway and they falsely rep LA, thats the only reason i want to beat them. theyre not rivals in anysense of the imagination. Hell half their coaching staff is dodger blue so if anything its a friendly opponent.

they have my respect though.

1 inning down and i already saw 2 inflated rubbers
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, ethier will break out of his 'slump' tonight.
eek.gif
I'm surprised heremembered where second base was.

Back
Top Bottom