OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

frown.gif
first loss of the season and it wont be the last.

but what a very frustrating game, i believe we had 5 walks and none were able to come home.

we loss the game when we had 2 on 1 out and then o-dawg struck out.

casey blake is really struggling.

i wont be surprised if manny and ethier change spots in the lineup.

i wonder how torre will rest martin?

wolf was very inconsistent, which will be the story of the pitching staff this year.

damn, if anyones watchin ch11 news some angel fan got fckkkkkked up
eek.gif

and sidenote that usc girl that got ran over sucha cutie and sucha shame
frown.gif

damn, if anyones watchin ch11 news some angel fan got fckkkkkked up
eek.gif

What happened? I turned to Channel 13 to watch Seinfeld, after the game and the Angel/A's game was on. Nomar Garciaparra at 1st
frown.gif
. I liked Nomar at 1st, it would have extended his career, too bad Loney waswaiting in the wings.

The loss was tough, but it just seemed as if every hitter was pressing. They were hitting everything in the air, as if they were golfing. Manny looks like heis pressing. I do agree that Manny needs to bat cleanup, but it's Joe's squad and 14 straight playoff appearances speaks for itself. I was going tosay something about your Randy Wolf comment after the first inning,
laugh.gif
. My girlfriend came over, so I got off the CPU. First Kuroda and now Wolf, they both struggled, and it was against the Padres. The lineup better starthitting. O-Dog with the big whiff, let's chalk that up.

BTW- I haven't put you on ignore,
laugh.gif
. I have no Opening Day ticketsto offer. I'm trying to get 562 the last pair I could get my hands on, he asked first.

PS- I have a few Beimel and Penny bobbleheads if people are interested. I'm not selling them and I know they are not on the team anymore, but some peopledo collect them. Hit me up if you are interested. I probably wont mail them out until after the first homestand. First come, first served.

laugh.gif
i knew i should have edited that wolf comment, but i can almost guarantee 1 bad outting then his next start will be solid (or at least I hope). We havebills going tomorrow vs a rook, gotta get that W.

but going back to the angels / a's game after the game was over the stairs from the RF pavilion, some dude started fighting someone at that staircase andthen it turned into a big brawl - someone hit him in the back of the head and then his head hit the concrete and was unconscious till security found him.

now hes in critical condition, damn - sometimes it really aint that serious.

no worries on the opening day tix though.

As a Padre fan, damn it felt good not to give up back to back losses to the Dodgers.

Lots of Dodger fans at Petco again tonight. SMH at San Diego. Some fools claimin' they SD from day 1 this and that but don't show up till it'sgood. Whether, it be football or baseball, San Diego is fairweather. No doubt. No question. No defense. That's straight up from a SD native. !@#$ ya'llphonies!

Took mad pics though. Glad to finally watch Manny live.
In Yo Nostril wrote:
go back to the charger season thread son.
laugh.gif

!@#$ the Chargers.
laugh.gif

Those fools got plenty of bandwagonners to back them up. My Padres need me.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

As aSome fools claimin' they SD from day 1 this and that but don't show up till it's good. Whether, it be football or baseball, San Diego is fairweather. No doubt. No question. No defense. That's straight up from a SD native. !@#$ ya'll phonies!
im glad you at least admit it. i hate all these fake charger, padres and angels fans "who have been fans since day 1."
laugh.gif

this dude jose canseco dont stop.

i'm watching first take right now and canseco had something at USC for like 1,500 people, but only 50 people showed up
laugh.gif

and as he was wrapping up some guy asked him what about manny?

then canseco says, "why do you think owners were gun shy to sign the best hitter in baseball? i'm 90% sure manny is in the steroid list that hasntbeen released."

right or wrong this dude lives to snitch.

but on the point of manny roiding up, during the steroid era his numbers were
eek.gif
eek.gif
, but hes always escaped that talk - i think its because he's sucha likeable character and always makes sure he treats the media right they just dont put an effort to see if he was roiding up.

alot of baseball fans see manny with his baggy @!+ jersey and "tights" and think he doesnt have muscle, but mannys in good shape.

thoughts?

edit:
[h2][/h2]
[h2]Jose Canseco Says '90 Percent Chance' Manny Ramirez Is on 'The List'[/h2]
Posted Apr 06, 2009 7:00PM By Will Brinson (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Dodgers, MLB Media Watch, MLB Rumors

Jose Canseco is well past the "naming names" stage of his steroid accusations. However, as ridiculous and irresponsible as Canseco seems with his chatter about this player and that player, he has, for the most part, been correct.

And the latest player that's the target of Canseco's pseudo-slanderous steroid chatter is Manny Ramirez, which is a most shocking revelation (although no more shocking than when Canseco accused Alex Rodriguez).http://

Canseco spoke to at the Brovard Auditorium on the USC campus recently and the Los Angeles Times' Kurt Streeter caught up with him afterwards, specifically interested about why Canseco stated that Ramirez's "name is most likely, 90 percent" on the list of players who used steroids.

Canseco asked questions as to the status of Ramirez receiving a long-term contract and why owners were so hesitant to sign him as "evidence" as to why Ramirez used steroids, but admitted he had "no way of knowing" whether Ramirez was guilty of using PEDs.

And that, in my mind, makes this allegation seem pretty silly: Ramirez didn't get a long-term deal because there was no chance of receiving the money he wanted over the course of a long-term contract. Additionally, he's 36, so it's not like every team out there should have been scrambling to lock him up in a 12-year uber-deal anyway. Oh, and perhaps Canseco missed it, but the economy collapsed while Ramirez was trying to get paid.

Manny, by the way, laughed off Canseco's allegations when Streeter followed up on the discussion, stating that, ""I got no comment, nothing to say about that. What can I say? I don't even know the guy."

In other words: Yes, Canseco has been right before, and plenty of times. Yes, he broke open the steroid scandal. But in this case, it just seems like he's in the same desperate corner of his, swinging wildly with names in the hopes that another name in a sea full of guilty players manages to stick on the wall and he can score a tiny extension on his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

^ I think if ESPN or any sports writer was able to report that Manny was 'roiding they wouldn't hesitate to do so. Controversy sells and this wouldgive them another topic to talk about for weeks on end. Canseco mentions it around 50 people and it's on First Take the next morning..

ESPN is thirsty for controversy. If they had any minimal idea that he's on the list I'm sure they would've addressed it already.

The reason they've gone in on barry bonds so hard is cuz he was a !@#@ to the media. Roger clemens hasn't been so nice either. Giambi? Swept under therug? Tejada? Swept under the rug. Arod has a ton of haters too, and he was supposed to be the face of baseball. I think there's a 90% chance everybody inmlb took steroids at 1 point or another back in the days

Ironman hook us up with that password to get dodger opening day tix. I'm thinking its just a general password.

way to kick start the offense raffy.

the offense needs to be aggressive versus silva.

im really looking forward to see how bills pitches.

man its been 3 years since bills debut at petco, i remember that day well.

anyways, furcal will not play tomorrow - dewitt to play SS & martin will sit first gm vs dbacks for ausmus.

oh thank goodness.

the offense needs to see some pitches and get on base, bills needs a rest after that one.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU eckstein, you pest.

Back
Top Bottom