OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

*%+@ FINALLY,
I was working when the game was going on but thank god they did it
pimp.gif

DAMN feels like we haven't won a game in months well done fellas got the monkey off their back now let's go for the real prize!

Congrats to the Dodgers and their fans, about damn time. I was sweating facing the Rockies in the 1st round. Looking forward to playing you guys in the NLDS.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Congrats to the Dodgers and their fans, about damn time. I was sweating facing the Rockies in the 1st round. Looking forward to playing you guys in the NLDS.
You ain't lying man.

Cards are gonna be tough with Carpenter out on the mound, but its a brand new season come Wednesday.

Like I said earlier, should be a fun chess match
laugh.gif

You planning to head to any games FB?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Handle it bro
smokin.gif
Respect bro.

We still got some unfinished business, might I add that I made the Lakers Championship thread
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Attention: all the heads goin to game 1 if ya'll wanna meet up in the parking lot to drink & eat let's get it going.

if they ain't letting us drink, we can keep it in my truck or whatever, I get off around 1 but I play to get there around 3 or earlier cause its gonna be a B
I'm gonna keep C+P till we figure something out, if not then I tried
laugh.gif

Anyone know when the times will be released?

[table][tr][th=""][/th] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]NLDS 'B'[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Game[/th] [th=""]Matchup[/th] [th=""]Day[/th] [th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Time ET[/th] [th=""]TV[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Gm 1[/td] [td]STL @ LAD[/td] [td]Wed[/td] [td]Oct. 7[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [td]TBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm 2[/td] [td]STL @ LAD[/td] [td]Thu[/td] [td]Oct. 8[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [td]TBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm 3[/td] [td]LAD @ STL[/td] [td]Sat[/td] [td]Oct. 10[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [td]TBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm 4*[/td] [td]LAD @ STL[/td] [td]Sun[/td] [td]Oct. 11[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [td]TBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm 5*[/td] [td]STL @ LAD[/td] [td]Tue[/td] [td]Oct. 13[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [td]TBS[/td] [/tr][/table]
  • Division Series are best of five games.
  • The team with home-field advantage hosts Games 1, 2 and 5. The away team hosts Games 3 and 4.
  • The Division champion with the best overall regular-season record will have home-field advantage for the Division Series. That team will play the Wild Card in the first round unless the Wild Card comes from the same division.
  • The Division champion with the next best overall regular-season record also will have home-field advantage in the Division Series.

The JUANPIERREWOOD tee gets a lot of looks. Especially when I rocked it in SD and SF
laugh.gif

Get a W boys, sure its not important but let's get 2 in a row

Kershaw finished his first full MLB season with a 2.79 ERA, good for fifth-best in theNational League and eighth-best in the majors, one-thousandth of a run behind Roy Halladay.

He allowed 6.26 hits per nine innings, the 56th-best mark in the history of baseball, andyounger than all 55 people ahead of him on the list.

i fell alseep in he 8th inning on the couch, woke up at 1 am and the replay was on in the same inning
laugh.gif
looked at ESPN news said we won the divison
pimp.gif
took my %@% back to sleep

[h3]Billingsley preparing for unknown role[/h3]Torre hasn't announced rotation beyond NLDS Game 2
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

10/04/09 3:07 AM ET

LOS ANGELES -- A year ago, Chad Billingsley went into the National League Division Series as the Dodgers' starting pitcher for Game 2 and beat the Cubs.

This year?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
"I have no idea," said Billingsley, which says a lot about the peaks and valleys of a Major League Baseball career.

Manager Joe Torre has lined up his first two pitchers for the opening series and they are Randy Wolf and Clayton Kershaw. After that, he's not saying.

With Hiroki Kuroda scratched because of a herniated disk in his neck, Torre has three starters -- Billingsley and late additions Vicente Padilla and Jon Garland -- for the final two slots he'll need in the best-of-five series that starts Wednesday against St. Louis at Dodger Stadium.

Earlier in the week, Torre had Garland start and Padilla relieve a game in San Diego. Garland allowed five runs in 3 1/3 innings, while Padilla pitched two scoreless innings coming out of the bullpen for the first time since 2001. On Sunday, they will reverse roles, with Padilla starting and Garland relieving.

Billingsley, who last started Tuesday in San Diego, could have started Sunday. Instead, the tentative plan is to have him throw a simulated game Monday (possibly at the Dodgers' Camelback Ranch Spring Training complex), which would line him up to pitch Game 3 five days later.

Billingsley is coming off back-to-back quality starts after being skipped a start while he regrouped and worked out a flaw in his mechanics that had developed over the second half of a season in which he was so good in the first half that he made the All-Star team.

At his worst, he went five starts without a win. With Kuroda out and Billingsley back on track, he seems likely to keep his spot in the rotation.

Torre said Billingsley has the best arm and the ability to dominate, Padilla has the combination of experience and stuff, and he likes what he calls Garland's "grittiness."

Billingsley said he expects to start.

"Right now, I'm preparing like I'm starting, unless they tell me different," he said. "That's the way I usually prepare. I don't go in thinking that I don't know what to expect. I'm sticking with my normal plan. Why would I change? I prepare the same every day. Why change something."
Billingsley started twice against the Cardinals this year. He took a strange loss in St. Louis July 28, pitching five scoreless innings, then imploding in a six-run sixth. But he rebounded Aug. 18 by allowing two runs in six innings of a 7-3 win. He's 1-2 with a 4.40 ERA lifetime against the Cardinals, 0-1 with a 4.02 ERA in three starts at Busch Stadium

FB If you need Game 2 tickets get at me. I have some I bought the day they went on sale left over. Section 34 reserve row C

IMO Garland should get the third spot.

Everything is up in the air with Bills and with Torre tight lipped, I think he likes Garlands experience.

Damn. Just saw that "beyond october" commercial about Albert...

"maybe your grandfather always told you about DiMaggio, Maybe your father told you he saw Hank Aaron break the record, maybe this is your chance to makeyour story and say, I saw Albert Pujols do everything.."

My response:
indifferent.gif
"+#$* YOU !"

smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

IMO Garland should get the third spot.

Everything is up in the air with Bills and with Torre tight lipped, I think he likes Garlands experience.

i like padilla more to start game 3.

I totally forgot that mlb changed it's post season schedule this year. The latest game will be at 4:57 Pacific time. So if the Yanks chose option b andbegin playing on Thursday we might be bumped from the prime time schedule since the angels and red sox game will be on west coast also. So MLB is screwing thewest coast, imagine we get the 1 pm start time.
mad.gif
They gave us a 10 amstart time in 2006 against the Cards.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9580598/MLB,-FOX-agree-to-start-playoff-games-earlier

Kids, no more staying up past bedtime in October. Adults, no more showing up bleary-eyed for work.

[h4]Must-read:[/h4] [h4]Must-see:[/h4] [h4]Top headlines:[/h4] All of today's top stories >>
[h4]Worth a thousand words:[/h4] View more photos >>

Postseason games on FOX are getting an earlier start.

Under an agreement unveiled Sunday night by FOX and Major League Baseball, the first pitch for all weeknight postseason games on FOX will be at 7:57 p.m. ET.

Saturday night games on FOX will start no later than weeknight games and possibly earlier. Sunday night games will begin after the conclusion of FOX's NFL broadcasts, as in previous years.

The new start times will apply this season to FOX's coverage of the American League Championship Series and World Series.

TBS, which will broadcast the NLCS in addition to all four Division Series, has not yet set its start times.

FOX and TBS air the two League Championship Series on a rotating basis.

"I think this move will help us big-time," commissioner Bud Selig told FOXSports.com. "This is reaching out to fans. This is precisely what we want to do."

Fans in the Eastern time zone, in particular, have expressed frustration about postseason games ending too late. The 2008 World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays drew record-low ratings, in part because one game had a long rain delay and another was suspended.

The new weeknight start times on FOX will be earlier than championship events in every major professional sport but the Super Bowl, as well as the NCAA men's basketball title game. Coverage will begin with a pregame show at 7:30 p.m. ET.
[table][tr][td]
9584880_36_3.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kids won't be up quite so late due to earlier start times. (Doug Pensinger / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]
No regularly scheduled World Series game has started before 8 p.m. on a weeknight since at least 1975, according to MLB.

Postseason games on FOX last year started, on average, at 8:28 p.m. ET. In the early 1990s, the first pitch was sometimes as late as 8:38 p.m.

"For kids on the East Coast, the games will now end somewhere between 11 and 11:30," said Ed Goren, president of FOX Sports.

"In the Central time zone, it will be between 10 and 10:30. On the West Coast, it obviously will be very early. It can have a positive effect on ratings, maybe create a younger demographic."

Selig, while disputing talk that baseball has lost young fans, acknowledged the sport's desire for youngsters to see the season's most important games to their conclusions.

"Yes, it played a role, a definite role," Selig said. "It was very much on our minds. But contrary to what you hear, we know from our demographic studies in every ballpark that we have not lost a generation.

"We're not drawing close to 80 million people because we lost a generation. That is a myth."

FOX and MLB began serious talks about earlier start times shortly after the end of last year's World Series, though Selig said the discussions went back even further than that.

To secure earlier start times, FOX Sports needed approval from more than 200 affiliates and 27 owned-and-operated stations.
[table][tr][td]
9585074_36_2.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Coast games will start even earlier. (Jed Jacobsohn / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Those stations air their own programming from 7:30 to 8 p.m., the start of network prime time.

"This could not have been accomplished without their cooperation and understanding," Goren said.

Or, as Selig put it, "It isn't a question of somebody sitting (at FOX headquarters) in Los Angeles and making a unilateral decision."

FOX and MLB also considered afternoon starts for Saturday games in the LCS and World Series, but determined that more fans would watch if the games were played in prime time.

The size of the audience helps determine FOX's advertising rates and MLB's rights fees. Afternoon start times could harm both sides.

"It's something we're going to continue to discuss and explore," Selig said. "But if you look at all the data, the audience is 30 percent greater in prime time on Saturday than it would be for a day game on Saturday. It is true - day games don't come close to night games."

Earlier start times are not certain to produce a larger audience; even with later starts, ratings often rise throughout the night. Selig said the challenge of playing across four time zones is "finding a window that allows games not to start too early on the West Coast and end too late on the East Coast."

The new start times on FOX are an attempt to find a better window - and a bow to fans who want games to end earlier.

"With the sense that games are running longer, it made this the right time to see if an earlier start time can be a positive," Goren said.

"We hear you. Let's give it a shot."

Back
Top Bottom