OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

562 @ LF pav
23 @ RF pav
BN @ Field Level
Jrdnkicks @ loge
Eyegiant @ reserve (if I'm not mistaken)

Damn we're spread out like a mother.
laugh.gif
we got like a mini-summit right there.

Yo eyegiant will that thai spot be open past 10P, maybe get some thai food after the game.

Bbq chicken & phad thai
pimp.gif
im in top deck. all year. sect 3
happy.gif

thai spot is open till 4am
its called Torung. Hollywood Blvd. and Wilton Pl.

sounds like it was crazy after the game, can't imagine what would happen if they win a world series.

damn ironman, I was at that 06 mets game in the LF Pav row A - I remember we were like banging on those advertising poster boards trying to get the team backinto it and that !+$@ ended up shattering and we got scolded
smh.gif

I remember we sat by this guy named Edgar who was piss drunk and talking nonsense, I hope no one on here is named edgar (
laugh.gif
)

What's even more scarier is how that fan brought in a gun but was luckily arrested - !+$@ like that is why families don't want to bring the kids to thegame because of this foolishness.

& you're right what part of the game is that, *%@*%#% perverts thinking being drunk is an excuse to talk down to a female. Its gonna be hard to walkaway if some dude starts talking reckless to my girl
smh.gif
but dudes rather fight with knives and bullets than with fists.

Ironman can you get me in the dugout, thanks man
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm crossing my fingers for you that maybe one day, iron man will hook you up with one of your requests.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm crossing my fingers for you that maybe one day, iron man will hook you up with one of your requests.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You & I both
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

why do little giant fans always coming in here trying to hype up there horse %%@* @+$ team? no one gives a rats @+$ about anything on ur team take that BS tour on !@%%@ @+$ thread

[h2]http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/2009/04/frank-mccourt-o.html[/h2]
[h2]Frank McCourt on Ned Colletti's contract status[/h2]
By Tony Jackson on April 13, 2009 2:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

My colleague Jill Painter got some one-on-one time with Frank this morning. Among other things, she asked him about Ned's contract status and whether there is an extension in the offing. Ned is in the final season of a four-year deal, but there is a mutual option for next year. Anyway, Frank had little to say on the matter, but depending on how you interpret this, he MIGHT be saying Ned's job depends on the team winning the division in 2009. In all honesty, that probably ISN'T what he is saying, but I could definitely see how these comments might be read that way. It is woth nothing that the Dodgers have made the playoffs in two of Colletti's first three seasons and last year won a playoff series for the first time in 20 years.

Anyway, this is what Frank told Jill:

``Those are conversations I'll have with Ned. Those are going to be private conversations. What I can say is that Ned's doing a fabulous job, and we're going to set out this year to win that division title again. That's what we need to do, and try to win a world championship. That's the promise we've made to our fans. The first step is winning
the division title again, which would be the first time, I believe, in 31 years that the Dodgers have won back-to-back division titles.
We're definitely on the right track, and I give Ned a large amount of
credit for that.''
(When does he want to decide on Ned's contract?)
``Those are private matters. I've learned in my five years of doing this that there are certain types of conversations you talk about and other topics that you really need to stay as a private conversation. Otherwise, it's a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't. I just don't want it to get to that. Those conversations will be private. People
will know when it's relevant. We'll communicate that.''
pimp.gif

Ironman can you get me all of us in the dugout, thanks man
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

On a side note - I've always wondered who this dude is that sits straight behind home plate at every home game. He's always wearing suits and shadesfor some reason. Dude kinda has the Bill MacDonald x Dan Hedaya look.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Ironman can you get me all of us in the dugout, thanks man
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

On a side note - I've always wondered who this dude is that sits straight behind home plate at every home game. He's always wearing suits and shades for some reason. Dude kinda has the Bill MacDonald x Dan Hedaya look.
And what about dude who wore the hat the would hold up the gun before they added the dugout club seats.

IRONMAN
how the hell did over 57,000 people fit at the ravine? were suites overly filled to capacity?

and im still waiting for the PM **nods head**

any more details on the fan getting stabbed? gotta know what not to do to not piss anybody off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

was there a fight?

562 fill us in at the shenanigans at the ravine.

GREAT GAME ALL AROUND, Kershaw come focused on Wednesday.

I got some sick seats on wednesday @ Field Level 47 Row C
pimp.gif

BN you got some sick seats

I'll be in LF, been awhile since i've sat in the colon of the ravine
laugh.gif

left the GF crib at around 10, got there 1030. Enjoyed my first dodgerdog and garlic fries of 2009, so delicious. My girlfriend is hooked
laugh.gif

All of the new posters were nice too. I'm so heated I couldn't find a sharpie ANYWHERE in a target, wanted my road dodgers script jersey signed by the best infield ever but didnt
smh.gif
smh.gif

Another opening day in the books, awesome game, saw history, saw a W.

Now...

Shenanigans...

My miniplan seats are in the reserve, section 26. There were 2 Giant fans in the section next to us, TWO. These poor guys were getting abused out the ++!, by people from every angle imaginable. They didn't say a PEEP until about the 7th, and this thugged out @+!*%$!** was face to face and that's when the ushers and security decide to step in, not earlier in the game when they were being called fairies or f@gs. And at the end, the giants fans were tossed, everyone cheering with me shaking my head in disgust. I'll admit, when I was a kid, hell, even a few years back in HS when we'd be in the pavilion and that happened i'd laugh, but it's stupid now when I look at it. I dislike all of these dodger/laker fans, I know i'm gonna step on some toes with the following statement but F it, I dislike the majority of my people at the games.

I know next season i'll be sitting closer to the field, trying to avoid my own because I can't stand it. If I have to spend a bit more money to see less of my own then that's what i'll do in 2010. Sure, i'm stereotyping, but at the stadium the stereotypes reign true more often than not.

The thing I love about dodger stadium-- The team and the facilities, the thing I hate-- the people.

Sorry to be a debbie downer dude, but as I get older i'm realizing a ton of %%#%. I told my girlfriend I envy the team down the 5 because they actually watch the game and not get all pissed when the wave dies or an usher does their job and snags a beachball. These people have the nerve to shout "YOU GUYS ARENT REAL FANS!" "F YOU TOO WITH THE GIANTS FANS!" because a few of us were a tad focused on watching Bills strikeout the side instead of do the ******ed wave...

I hope the rest of the season isn't like this...
/rant
tired.gif

A lot of hostile dodger giant fans, I didn't hear about those events posted but honestly it wouldn't surprise me.

Baseball is supposed to be fun...

i joke around about never sitting in the pavillion a lot but this is pretty much why. As the years have passed the amount of sketchy people going to dodgersgames has gone up.
I like to sit in the reserve level for some reason but that is slowly turning into the pavillion as well. When i was at the cubs game when we swept them, thetwo cholos behind me were just lobbing fries and peanuts at cubs fans trying to start !+!! for no reason at all. its like some of these dudes dont even careabout the game, they just want to incite something.

if 2 opposing fans are going back and forth talking !+!! and a fight breaks out, fine. But most people there now are just trolling the other teams fans tryingto start !+!!. Its going to eventually lead to stereotyping of dodgers fans .trust me, im a raiders fan. i know where this is going.
laugh.gif
its these same type of d-bags that give us (raiders fans) a bad name. i dontwant to not be able to wear a dodger shirt/jersey out in public without someone joking with me about getting stabbed at a game.

laugh.gif
some one should round up all the dodger cholos put them in a bus and bring them to a game at AT&t park just to see what happens.

Real talk, some fans just don't give a !$$%. It's pretty sad to see grown men looking tostart fights in front of kids. It's completely uncalled for... Playful jeering is alright, but some people take it too damn far.

Originally Posted by sinser13

laugh.gif
some one should round up all the dodger cholos put them in a bus and bring them to a game at AT&t park just to see what happens.

Look up: Pavilion Pimps

I've been sitting less and less in the pavillion because of this but people give Angel fans a free pass there are D-bag straight billed "Bro"types that know nothing about baseball that try to start fights all the time doing things like stealing hats pouring beer in peoples seats girls purses realjuvenile crap that really irks me not to mention ignorant statements like Dodger fans live in the past i'm sorry but 6 titles always trumps 1

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i joke around about never sitting in the pavillion a lot but this is pretty much why. As the years have passed the amount of sketchy people going to dodgers games has gone up.
I like to sit in the reserve level for some reason but that is slowly turning into the pavillion as well. When i was at the cubs game when we swept them, the two cholos behind me were just lobbing fries and peanuts at cubs fans trying to start !+!! for no reason at all. its like some of these dudes dont even care about the game, they just want to incite something.

if 2 opposing fans are going back and forth talking !+!! and a fight breaks out, fine. But most people there now are just trolling the other teams fans trying to start !+!!. Its going to eventually lead to stereotyping of dodgers fans .trust me, im a raiders fan. i know where this is going.
laugh.gif
its these same type of d-bags that give us (raiders fans) a bad name. i dont want to not be able to wear a dodger shirt/jersey out in public without someone joking with me about getting stabbed at a game.

That gets me
mad.gif
.. then when someone turns around they act like they neverthrew anything. Last year I was at a game with my girlfriend's family and some dudes kept on doing the same thing. They were aiming for people across theisle from where we were at but kept landing by our seats and a couple of times the food hit some of us. After a couple of times we told them to stop that andthey were acting like it wasn't them. But they stopped due to my girl's brother's choice of words.
grin.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Clayton Kershaw breaking out; Justin Upton struggling[/h1]

By Jason Grey
ESPN.com
(Archive)

April 13, 2009, 4:36 PM

There are a lot of expectations surrounding Clayton Kershaw this season, and even at 21 years old, he might be ready to meet them.

I wrote in spring training how much the young southpaw impressed scouts in camp and that he appeared ready to take the next step up as far as commanding his pitches at the big league level, thanks to a more consistent line to the plate and less of a tendency to overthrow.

So far, so good after his first start. Though he managed to get through just five innings while throwing 105 pitches in his debut, it was encouraging to see that despite his control's wandering at times, he was able to command within the zone OK. Considering he didn't throw his secondary stuff, especially his vaunted curveball, a whole lot, it was good to see him have a solid outing in which fastball command was a large part of his success.

"For me, the key is getting ahead of hitters," Kershaw said. "I'm not a control pitcher. I'm not going to be a guy that paints the corner; I'm going to attack on the white. If you get ahead of the hitters, you can get away with more, so my main focus is just getting ahead."

He's slowed his delivery down a touch, which helps make it a bit more repeatable, and has lowered his leg kick in the stretch, which is mostly to hold runners a bit better but has some ancillary benefits in keeping his stretch mechanics more consistent.

"I'm mostly the same pitcher, but I think I'm more in control and not trying to speed the game up as much, like I did last year," Kershaw said. "Last year I would just get the ball and throw. This year I'm trying to pitch with more of a purpose."

It was also encouraging to see some development in his changeup; a circle change variety that looks like an improved offering over last season. Last year, he was throwing it too hard, and it didn't have enough separation from his fastball. However, based on a couple of his spring starts and the handful of times he threw it in his first start of the season, it looks like he's been able to take a little more off it while maintaining his arm speed and not tipping the pitch. In addition, he's been throwing it for strikes.

"It has improved a lot," Kershaw said. "My main purpose this offseason was to get my change to where I feel confident with it. It's a mental thing; having the confidence to throw it the way you want to in a game is something you can't really learn. You just have to keep throwing it. Spring training was great for me, with throwing it a lot in game situations, and I felt a lot better with it in my first start."

Having a solid third pitch in his arsenal to keep batters off the curveball is only going to make him that much more dangerous this season. We expected some improvement this season just by virtue of his having a year of big league experience under his belt, but another good offering in his repertoire could accelerate his progress even faster.

Kershaw may not go too deep into games most nights, which will hurt his win potential a bit. However, he will rack up the strikeouts, command well enough to offset his walks and maintain a solid WHIP, and keep his ERA solidly under 4. In short, a pitcher worth starting every time out in any league.

[h3]Extremely Small Sample Size Statistics And Observations[/h3]
Are these things guaranteed to matter by the end of the year? Of course not, I can't even guarantee they'll matter by tomorrow, but they sure are something to keep tabs on.
  • As a team, the Dodgers are walking a lot more this year. They rank 3rd in the majors by walking in 13.1% of their plate appearances. Last year's team? 9.0%.
  • The Dodgers are also much more disciplined this year. They are chasing pitches out of the zone only 23.0% of the time. Compare that with 27.7% of the time last year, which was tied for 5th worst in the majors.
  • Russell Martin's struggles aren't all the fault of his .231 BABIP, at least not while his LD% is 12.5%.
  • Martin is taking a lot of pitches this year, swinging only 34.4% of the time compared to a league average of 44.3%. It's not necessarily being patient either, as he's swinging at just 52.2% of strikes, compared to the league average of 64.6%.
  • Notice that Matt Kemp and Martin aren't get challenged much this season? Well, it's true. Kemp is seeing a mere 52.7% fastballs, but Martin is seeing even less at 46.4%.
  • On the other hand, Dodger pitchers are really challenging hitters this year with their excellent fastballs. They have thrown 74.0% fastballs as a staff, 5.3% ahead of the second place Mets in the majors.
  • Uncoincidentally, the Dodgers also lead the majors in first pitch strikes, at 64.2%.
  • So who are opposing pitchers challenging? Orlando Hudson (69.7%) and James Loney (69.2%).
  • Your eyes are not decieving you, Jonathan Broxton's average fastball this year is 97.3 mph. His average fastball velocity has increased in every year since his debut.
  • You know Ronald Belisario? The guy who hasn't had real success past AA? Well he looks absolutely great, and a lot of it is thanks to his 94.7 mph average fastball. We'll see how long it lasts.
  • As a minor update to a previous post, Cory Wade's fastball topped out at 88.3 mph the other day, and averaged a mere 87.3 mph. It's his 3rd straight appearance with dropping velocity.
  • If Kemp looks a lot better in center field this year, it's because he is. So far, he's posted a 1.1 UZR.
  • My concern for Furcal's back and Hudson's wrist affecting their defense has been completely unjustified thus far. They are combining for a 2.0 UZR.
  • Even more of a shocker is Blake posting a 0.8 UZR through 7 games. That's likely to come down eventually, but besides a few choice gaffes, he's actully looked solid there thus far.
Also, congratulations to Hudson for being the 2nd Dodger ever to hit for the cycle.

The drop in velocity with wade is concerning, something isn't right inside that shoulder.

Thx for the articles PMAC.

Wow....I don't know 90% of what those acronyms mean. Uzr, icp, imp, org, ribl, !%! ? Russ and kemp are gonna have to learn to hit the breaking ball. Yea,something is wrong with wade. But he came in with some concerns and torre did use him a lot last week

The drop in velocity with wade is concerning, something isn't right inside that shoulder.

Thx for the articles PMAC.

Yeah, that same site did a breakdown of his avg fastball velocity based on how many days off he has.

The fact that he can't come back on consecutive days is concerning.

The good thing about Belisario, Wade and Ohman all pitching well is allowing us to use Wade sparingly, and hopefully he can get healthy at some point thisseason.

Back
Top Bottom