OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Mota's only pitched 6 innings so far this season. Way too early to get rid of him.

Wade is supposedly back by the homestand, and hopefully Kuo can get his confidence back. If those two things happen, you'll have Belisario pitching in therole he should have at this point, and Mota would never pitch in games we're winning.

If those two things don't happen, who knows what to do
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I think its safe to say that Torre has 0% trust in Mota and Kuo.

Bad news: Kuroda out for a couple more weeks, obliques take forever to heal, we really need him back in the rotation BAD
frown.gif

Any of you guys listen to Banda? I guess these dudes Lupio and Juan Rivera work out @ the 24hr I go too, heard they're really famous
nerd.gif

Anyways, PMAC tell dfresh to stop by the 49er off season thread
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I think its safe to say that Torre has 0% trust in Mota and Kuo.

Bad news: Kuroda out for a couple more weeks, obliques take forever to heal, we really need him back in the rotation BAD
frown.gif

Any of you guys listen to Banda? I guess these dudes Lupio and Juan Rivera work out @ the 24hr I go too, heard they're really famous
nerd.gif

Anyways, PMAC tell dfresh to stop by the 49er off season thread
smh.gif

we better get these next two games, i hate losing to the giants. I might go to Wednesday's game to see timmypitch.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

dewitt needs to be sent back to the minors, its pointless for him to get these kind of atbats.

let him get some real playing time down.

At least he'll get some swings in and some infield work playing everyday in AAA. There's no point in him being up

Ss Furcal
2B Hudson
LF Ramirez
C Martin
RF Ethier
RF Kemp
1B Loney
3B Blake
RH Billingsley
Why does Martin batting cleanup scare me?

Torre still ain't budging moving manny.

[h2]http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/2009/04/hong-chih-kuo-n.html[/h2]
[h2]Hong-Chih Kuo no longer fits into eighth-inning setup role[/h2]
By Tony Jackson on April 28, 2009 6:13 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

Call me lazy or whatever, but rather than typing this twice, I decided to simply go ahead and write it up for tomorrow's paper and then copy/paste it here. So just ignore the dateline.
SAN FRANCISCO -- One day after he declined for the second time in the past week to bring in eighth-inning setup man Hong-Chih Kuo to protect a one-run lead in the eighth inning, Dodgers manager Joe Torre finally acknowledged before Tuesday night's game with the San Francisco Giants that the role doesn't necessarily belong to Kuo anymore.
With reliever Cory Wade due to come off the 15-day disabled list on Thursday, Torre said he is the likely heir to the role. But Torre added that Wade will need to get back into the flow of pitching regularly in big-league games before he is given the job full-time. Until then, it appears the assignment will be doled out on a game-by-game basis.
Wade's most recent appearance before being sidelined by bursitis in his right shoulder was on April 11 at Arizona.
``Cory would be that guy,'' Torre said. ``I also think I could flipflop both him and (Ronald) Belisario. I'm not sure I want to do that with Cory until he is back a while. But that would be ideal to do that, yeah.''
The problem with Kuo is his history of arm problems. He underwent two Tommy John surgeries while still in the minor leagues, he missed most of 2007 with injuries to both his shoulder and elbow, and he missed the final two weeks of last season and the first round of the playoffs with elbow soreness.
That basically prevents Torre from using Kuo in the way an eighth-inning setup man normally would be used. Torre is still reluctant to use Kuo in consecutive games, and one of the reasons he didn't use him in Monday night's loss to the Giants was because of the cold weather. In fact, while Belisario was pitching, blowing the one-run lead and losing the game, and Will Ohman was warming up in the bullpen, Kuo was warming up in the indoor batting cage.
Add to that Kuo's recent inconsistency -- in his past three appearances, eight of the 12 batters he has faced have reached base -- and it becomes clear that he doesn't fit the role.
I like this philosophy, it's most important to go with the guy who is hot at the time.

Kuo is probably most effective going 2 innings at a time every other day. I'm not too worried about him, he's been effective when healthy, so I'msure he'll get ti together.

its time bills, put us on your back.

let your defense make plays!!!

nerd.gif
told ya so PMAC

raffy isnt doin it right now
smh.gif

not seeing pitches as a leadoff hitter and just hackin'

i know russ's career #s vs sanchez are nice, but he doesnt exactly put fear in peoples hearts comin in @ cleanup.

eek.gif
omg matt kemp is questioning flyballs out there ever since colorado and yesterday ....

Back
Top Bottom