OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

I think you're being a little hard on Broxton. He didn't pitch well, but he only allowed one inherited run.

I don't know what Martin is doing. Hopefully he breaks out of this slump on the homestand.

Our OF has got to be the best in baseball right now.

Some stats to follow.

James Loney: .324/.427/.405/.832 ... 74 AB, 24 H, 6 2B, 16 RBI, 14 BB, 4 SO.

Loney isn't hitting for any power at all this season, which is interesting because he's walking more than he ever has in his pro career. You wouldthink that if he keeps walking that HRs, and a lot of them will be coming soon.

Andre Ethier: .312/.438/.584/1.022 ... 77 AB, 6 2B, 5 HR, 21 RBI, 15 BB, 12 SO.

Typical of a player in his age 27 season, Ethier is showing much more power and patience this year. I'd expect career years from him for the next two orthree seasons.

Matt Kemp: .316/.398/.579/.977 ... 76 AB, 24 H, 5 2B, 3 3B, 3 HR, 15 RBI, 10 BB, 20 SO, 5 SB, 1 CS

Improved walk rate, improved power, more stolen bases, better defense.

i was browsing craigslist last night and theres a person on there selling dodger all you can eat tix. he said something l;ike pick out whatever 50 games youwant. 3 tix, $1500. it breaks down to $10 a ticket in the all you can eat. thats a hot dog and soda alone anywhere in the park

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I think you're being a little hard on Broxton. He didn't pitch well, but he only allowed one inherited run.
Yeah, I am being a bit hard on Brox and yes I know getting a 5-out save is very tough, BUT it's a shame Bills worked through 7innings and hasnothing to show for it.

Brox had 4 days of rest since he went on the mound, and he was put in a tough situation .... but the dude walked 2 out of the first 3 batters he faced.

I think he's warranted a little bit of criticism and in the end I'm just calling it how I see it.

I don't know what Martin is doing. Hopefully he breaks out of this slump on the homestand.
Add Raffy to the mix: 241/.326/.316 in 89 plate appearances.

NEXT GAME 4/29

TV: PRIME
RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
AT&T Park
7:15PM PDT

Stults (2-0)

Lincecum (1-1)

is this going to be the first time manny bats against Tim?

Damn, this thread took off!
eek.gif

I wanna see how we do against Timmy. We haven't seen him for what seems like a year or so. Let's see how it goes tonight.

Furcal 6
Hudson 4
Ramirez 7
Ethier 9
Loney 3
Martin 2
Blake 5
Stults 1
Pierre 8
the rationale is that you can still bat Manny third so he comes up in the first inning, but in subsequent innings, you have three table-setters hitting AHEAD of Manny so that Manny, in effect, is batting fourth. And before anyone suggests it, no, it ISN'T because Joe thinks Eric Stults is a better hitter that JP.
Let's see how this ends up, a little bit of Tony La Russa in Joe huh
laugh.gif

Thank goodness Russ is dropped back down, lets go!

stults not hitting the corners, just gave a hanging breaking ball to molina.

not a good start.

anyone else have pet peeves that includes: swinging on the first pitch, and swinging on 3-0 or 3-1?

maybe its just me, but that irks the hell out of me

Originally Posted by bright nikes

anyone else have pet peeves that includes: swinging on the first pitch, and swinging on 3-0 or 3-1?

maybe its just me, but that irks the hell out of me
yes and yes, thats why I was thrilled when the Giants got rid of Pedro Feliz

Back
Top Bottom