Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Need help!!!

Offer Franklin Gutierrez or Jason Kubel for Nyjer Morgan? And if I go this route, who do I offer?
Or I could offer Nelson Cruz for Jacoby Ellsbury?
Or I could offer Nelson Cruz for B.J. Upton? Which way to go?

I'm hurting in the SB category. I don't lose as much by trying to go after Nyjer Morgan and this is the way I'm leaning.

*Roster in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
k36f5u.png

That's rough. I'd hold on to Cruz and Kubel. I'd trade for Ellsbury. You have a good amount of OF's so I'd trade Kubel...just because Cruzplays in Texas to put up better power #'s I guess.

For 2morrow

Ryan Theriot vs Harang (CIN) or

Placido Polanco vs (Contreras)
(Colon)

Polanco plays 2 games should I go with him?

I always go with the guy who plays a double header. They have their pros and cons, but that's still what I do.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Should I trade Beltran?

And what kind of players should I expect for him?
I wouldn't expect much for him at this point. Back before the all-star break when there was still some hope that he'd be back shortlyafter the break was when you could have had some value for him. I recently even thought about trading for Beltran. I was considering trading Kubel for himbecause Beltran > Kubel, but then I thought about it more and I decided to keep Kubel. It's the uncertainty with Beltran that has me scared to give upanyone significant for him. Maybe that gives you somewhat of a barometer on what to look for in a trade.
ohwell.gif

[table][tr][td]Carlos Beltran[/td] [td]OF[/td] [td].L.[/td] [td]Jun 22[/td] [td]knee[/td] [td]Return August?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Carlos Beltran (knee) still has enough of a bone bruise that he hasn't been cleared to even jog, an MRI revealed. "It hasn't gone down sufficient enough to get to an area where he can start sprinting and playing," General Manager Omar Minaya said. Minaya added that there have been no surgery discussions in regards to Beltran. "Down the line if it doesn't go down it's something that will have to be evaluated," Minaya said.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nick Blackburn was dropped. Should I use my #1 waiver on him? Or would you risk letting another team use their waiver on him and hopes he clears waivers? Idefinitely want to strengthen my pitching again because I traded away Billingsley. I am currently in 6th place in my league of 10. I can't sit around andwait for someone else to get dropped, can I? If I am going to do this, the player I'm probably going to drop is Aaron Cook. He gets me wins but he has beenshaky with the ERA and WHIP.
ohwell.gif

*Roster in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
k36f5u.png

I was just offered Nelson Cruz for Beltran.
I'd accept.

Oh, but just be aware of Nelson Cruz' fractured finger. He's going to play through it, but it may affect him. An encouraging sign is that it didn'taffect him last night.

I'd wait since Blackburn has slumped his last couple of starts. But don't wait too long you know? You see nothing happening just pick him up.

Markakis or Cruz the rest of the year?
I'm leaning towards Cruz on this one. I know he has a fractured right finger, but I'm thinking he's going to have a big 2nd half. Plushis home ballpark is a hitter's park.

Im leaning towards Markakis, always second half guy and I can't see him staying down this long.

And Orioles park can't is one of the best hitters parks too....

Paul - Pick him up. Homerism aside, he's a solid pitcher and I don't know who else is options on the FA list in your league, but he might be the bestbet.

You can think about dropping Cook, but if you really need help in pitching, let loose one of your position players. I always try and stack up on pitching toavoid trying to start the right matchup for batter vs. pitcher. This way you can keep Cooks wins, and lower your ERA/WHIP with Blackburn at the same time.

Don't let his game tomorrow discourage you though. Angels are HOT. If he pitches well, it's probably too late.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Paul - Pick him up. Homerism aside, he's a solid pitcher and I don't know who else is options on the FA list in your league, but he might be the best bet.

You can think about dropping Cook, but if you really need help in pitching, let loose one of your position players. I always try and stack up on pitching to avoid trying to start the right matchup for batter vs. pitcher. This way you can keep Cooks wins, and lower your ERA/WHIP with Blackburn at the same time.

Don't let his game tomorrow discourage you though. Angels are HOT. If he pitches well, it's probably too late.
Thanks, I'm using my #1 waiver on him. He's off the waivers early tomorrow morning (July 25th). I mean, I might as well, right? Who atthis point will be dropped that's worthy of a #1 waiver?

I'm dropping Gordon Beckham. I have Gordon as insurance for Longoria, but Longoria looks to be alright. Yeah, he's still in a slump, but I hope hebreaks out of it soon. I'm going to include Gutierrez and Kubel in a future trade so I'll hold on to Guttierez for a little bit longer.

*Edit*
Yes, I got Blackburn without using my waiver. I ended up dropping Gordon Beckham for Blackburn. Now the guy I'm trying to get Ellsbury is countering withplayers I don't want (i.e., Loney and Inge).

NT help me out who should I go with 2day?

Theriot vs Cueto CIN
Uggla @ Kuroda LAD
Polanco vs Floyd CHC

NT help me out who should I go with 2day?

Theriot vs Cueto CIN
Uggla @ Kuroda LAD
Polanco vs Floyd CHC

I just picked up G. Jones... Hopefully he's not going to go on a slide now.

And go with Theriot, he's hit Cueto well in the past. Plus the Cubs lineup is finally healthy.

Back
Top Bottom