Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Only way I keep Peavy on my team is if no one else can occupy the DL spot. Once someone else gets hurt that you know will be back shortly, you're best bet would be to say bye bye to Peavy.
Well, in my case, I know that Delgado and Dempster are "close" to coming back. Delgado is slated for mid-August and Dempster is slatedfor end of July/early August. I think I can hold on to Peavy and wait for at least Dempster to come back. My DL spots won't be occupied that long. It's not like I'm waiting 2-3 months for a guy to come back off the DL. But as soon as any news comes out thattells me that Peavy has a setback or is shutting it down, then I'm going to drop him.

Quick question, since you know that Peavy's slated to come back in the last few weeks of the season (hopefully) and Justin Duchscherer is starting hisminor league rehab assignment July 26th, would you drop Peavy for Duchscherer? I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. I know Peavy's the better ofthe two and my mind is telling me to drop Peavy for Duchscherer but I guess I need someone to reassure the move I'm thinking about making is the correctone.

*Roster in spoiler*

Spoiler [+]
24oppxj.png

I'd drop Peavy right now and pick someone else up. I don't think they're going to risk him getting re-injured before an offseason where they'lltry again to move him. And it's not like he's pitched like the Peavy of old when he's been healthy. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd drop Peavy right now and pick someone else up. I don't think they're going to risk him getting re-injured before an offseason where they'll try again to move him. And it's not like he's pitched like the Peavy of old when he's been healthy. But that's just me.
Peavy was showing signs of improvement before getting hurt. His 5 starts from 05/01-05/22 were pretty much like the Peavy of old.

9u0v8n.png

But you're probably right. Maybe I should drop him. I just want to wait on a couple more opinions before I make the move.
ohwell.gif

Paul, man.
laugh.gif
Let it go. He has no value for your team. Even if he does come back, he still has to get worked back into pitching shape. Drop him.

I hate you guys. I dropped peavy and now I have less of a clue of who to get:

Sizemore

Or

Cruz

My vote goes to Sizemore. He's all around. Cruz will get you more HR's, but it's not like Grady doesn't hit for power.

^ I'm willing to bet that in the second half of the season Grady will beat him in avg. and SB's. His bat will heat up considerably.

Really, what it comes down to is what your needs are Jordan...Cruz wins in HR & RBI's, but Grady will/should take Avg. and SB's. Runs might be apush, but I'll give the edge to Grady because he leadsoff.

P.S. - Sizemore with a triple/run...And now, and RBI double...Just pick up Grady. I'm tellin' ya.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Paul, man.
laugh.gif
Let it go. He has no value for your team. Even if he does come back, he still has to get worked back into pitching shape. Drop him.
After reading your post, I was about to drop Peavy for Duchscherer until I read Duchscherer's notes and said that he will come back in thebullpen with no defined role. Then whenever their pen gets healthy, Duke will be moved to the rotation for a 6-man rotation. Really, there is no point in Dukefor me at this time and I can wait on Peavy. I'm holding on to Peavy until he has a setback or something.

*crosses fingers that he doesn't have a setback*

Ill take Sizemore too.

Let Peavy go, hes dead weight, not doing anything for you. I had to do it with Brandon Webb. If there is nothing you need to drop him for then hold on I guess
laugh.gif

How did I only gain one point with these results?

2 home runs
9 runs batted in
9 runs
2 stolen bases

21.0 innings
2 wins
20 strikeouts
1.29 ERA
0.95 WHIP

Different league (still only gained one point):

1 home run
4 runs batted in
4 runs
1 stolen base

26.2 innings
3 wins
1 save
18 strikeouts
1.01 ERA
1.16 WHIP

I'm just not a fan of Adrian Gonzalez. I know he's got power and that's great and everything, but I'm just not convinced in his .250 BA and thefact that he hasn't hit a HR since June 23. Dude only has ONE multi-hit game since June 19. Maybe you could have gotten a package better than Jeter andPence, but hey, Gonzalez' value has been plummeting. Might as well get something for him and you got the 2nd best SS (according to Yahoo's rankingsystem).

In my leagues, Podsednik is a borderline FA, kind of like how Michael Bourne and Juan Pierre are. I don't think you lost much value there. Getting Jeterwas an upgrade and Pence isn't that bad. Hopefully the Astros get hot again in the 2nd half and Pence becomes a big contributor.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm just not a fan of Adrian Gonzalez. I know he's got power and that's great and everything, but I'm just not convinced in his .250 BA and the fact that he hasn't hit a HR since June 23. Dude only has ONE multi-hit game since June 19. Maybe you could have gotten a package better than Jeter and Pence, but hey, Gonzalez' value has been plummeting. Might as well get something for him and you got the 2nd best SS (according to Yahoo's ranking system).
If you're not a fan of Gonzalez in the fantasy world, that's fine since it's stat based and most fantasy owners are more into"what have you done for me lately".

But don't let the .250 BA and his no HR's in awhile fool you and think he's not a good overall baseball player. He plays half the time at Petco,on a terrible offensive team (actually the worst in MLB) with no real protection around him. You're a giants fan, you got a great look at the Padresoffense before the AS break (i.e. when Sanchez no-hit them). Pitchers pitch around him as evidenced by the number of walks he's drawn already and he'sbeen trying to make things happen for the Padres by swinging at pitcher's pitches, not hitter's pitches. Put him at 1B for the Yankees, Red Sox,Phillies, hell even for the Giants etc. and I would bet he hits around .280-.290, would have more HR's than now and would be up there in the MVPconsideration.

You probably could have gotten more for Gonzalez than Jeter & Pence, but only if you waited and hoped he started producing like he can.

Tommy Hanson vs SF
Nick Blackburn @ OAK
Derek Lowe vs SF
Wandy Rodriguez vs STL
Felix Hernandez @ DET
Carlos Zambrano @ PHI
Roy Oswalt vs STL
James Shields vs CWS
Joba Chamberlain vs OAK
Tommy Hanson @ MIL
Nick Blackburn @ LAA
Felix Hernandez vs CLE
Derek Lowe @ MIL

I really need to win this week that's why I am asking this random question. I have 13 pitchers starting this week but can only start 12. Which one aboveshould I sit? I am leaning towards Nick Blackburn @ LAA? Help is appreciated.

I wanna say Big Z @ Philly.

And the reason why that was the best deal I could get was because no 1 else wanted him at all. And I needed a 2B/SS.

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm just not a fan of Adrian Gonzalez. I know he's got power and that's great and everything, but I'm just not convinced in his .250 BA and the fact that he hasn't hit a HR since June 23. Dude only has ONE multi-hit game since June 19. Maybe you could have gotten a package better than Jeter and Pence, but hey, Gonzalez' value has been plummeting. Might as well get something for him and you got the 2nd best SS (according to Yahoo's ranking system).
If you're not a fan of Gonzalez in the fantasy world, that's fine since it's stat based and most fantasy owners are more into "what have you done for me lately".

But don't let the .250 BA and his no HR's in awhile fool you and think he's not a good overall baseball player. He plays half the time at Petco, on a terrible offensive team (actually the worst in MLB) with no real protection around him. You're a giants fan, you got a great look at the Padres offense before the AS break (i.e. when Sanchez no-hit them). Pitchers pitch around him as evidenced by the number of walks he's drawn already and he's been trying to make things happen for the Padres by swinging at pitcher's pitches, not hitter's pitches. Put him at 1B for the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, hell even for the Giants etc. and I would bet he hits around .280-.290, would have more HR's than now and would be up there in the MVP consideration.

You probably could have gotten more for Gonzalez than Jeter & Pence, but only if you waited and hoped he started producing like he can.
I know dude's a good hitter, but he's been in a slump for the longest time. Maybe I should have said something about his park and his lackof protection, but I didn't feel the need to since it's well documented.

And the guy has BEEN trying to get rid of Gonzalez with no real takers. He has a surplus of 1B on his team (Howard, Branyan, and Pujols) and other owners havebeen asking him for Howard instead of Gonzalez. He has been reluctant to give up Howard. This is the best deal he could get for Gonzalez to my knowledge. Hehas a weak middle infielder so this is definitely an upgrade.

This dude Paul knows my team better than I do LOL.

But like Paul said, that was the absolutely the best deal I could get. I couldve gotten CC, kinsler, mccann, but he wanted more

Back
Top Bottom