***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

If Jim Hendry keeps Milton Bradley next season, then it's clear that he has no clue in what he's doing as GM.

They only have to win one more game. At this point, helping is not a factor anymore.

I want to hear more from the new owners. So far all I hear is silence.

pop.gif

Finally closed the damn deal..........Larue with the big home run....ludwick too......OCTOBER........LETS GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by arstyle27

It makes me sick to see the Cardinals win the division. I hate them so much.

dont be a hater......how do cubs fans go year after year like this??? I mean, its honestly plain sad......I dont believe in curses, but i think its in theminds of cubs players when they join the team like they already know they wont win.

I am so sad about the way things are going on the North side of Chicago that I just deleted an entire paragraph of thoughts. Time to keep it moving.

Finally the Cards were able to close the deal. I don't want to see the Rockies or the Giants in the postseason. Hopefully the Phillies play the wild cardwinner.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

It makes me sick to see the Cardinals win the division. I hate them so much.

dont be a hater......how do cubs fans go year after year like this??? I mean, its honestly plain sad......I dont believe in curses, but i think its in the minds of cubs players when they join the team like they already know they wont win.
I hate the Cardinals, Brewers, Packers, Vikings, Pistons, and Cavs.

Nothing will ever change that.

Congrats to you, but I hope the Cards get swept, i honestly do.

I don't know how anyone can hate a team, hate is such a strong word. I can see how jealousy & bitterness would make you despise teams that are betterthan yours though.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I don't know how anyone can hate a team, hate is such a strong word. I can see how jealousy & bitterness would make you despise teams that are better than yours though.

Jealousy?? Nope.

Of the teams I listed, I don't like seeing them win unless it helps my home team. C'mon , you're the freakin Cardinals, and you expect a die diedie hard Cubs fan , like me, to be all cuddly??? I respect teams, I'm not like Stringer, but I don't root for your happiness, I root for mine.

I don't know how anyone can hate a team, hate is such a strong word. I can see how jealousy & bitterness would make you despise teams that are better than yours though.

Jealousy?? Nope.

Of the teams I listed, I don't like seeing them win unless it helps my home team. C'mon , you're the freakin Cardinals, and you expect a die die die hard Cubs fan , like me, to be all cuddly??? I respect teams, I'm not like Stringer, but I don't root for your happiness, I root for mine.
roll.gif
@ rooting for my happiness. It's not like I wouldexpect any support from my rivals, but I just trip out when someone hates a team I root for. I am very passionate about my teams, as I would imagine you areabout yours. I just don't put any stock or energy into teams that I don't root for.

Big ups to the Cards, they did what they had to do. The deserve it. Good luck in the postseason, see what happens.

At least we showed fight and took 3 outta 4 in Frisco. Keep fighting all the way down to the end. Try to finish with at least something positive to look at.
tired.gif

I, too, will be rooting for whoever plays against the Cards. Teams I hate and always will, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals, Brewers, Red Wings, Pistons and NASCAR.LOL. I will always cheer against them, I just will. I will give them respect when they win, but I will root against them winning.

The way the Cards are playing, they are getting swept in the 1st round
smh.gif
You don't go into the postseason colder than the polar caps
sick.gif

I think ya'll are just restin guys getting ready for the postseason aren't ya?

You guys will be fine, Carp and Wain are tough in a 5 game set, and Pujols and Holliday aren't anything to sneeze at.

Why the hell we send out garbage lineups like we did yesterday? Damn, come on, finish on a better note.
smh.gif

smh.gif
sick.gif
Do I have to remind you of 06'?
sick.gif

People slump into the post season all the time, it just matters how you play for 2-3 weeks.

Mez 0ne wrote:

smh.gif
sick.gif
Do I have to remind you of 06'?
sick.gif

People slump into the post season all the time, it just matters how you play for 2-3 weeks.

06 didn't have a team like the Rockies, which most likely will be our 1st round opponent. Plus we haven't beat Colorado in a series since 2003
sick.gif
. They absolutely dominate us
tired.gif

Arroyo denies doctoring baseballs

CINCINNATI -- Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo has denied accusations by the St. Louis Cardinals that he used pine tar to get better grips on pitches.

St. Louis manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan both told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the stain on the bill of Arroyo's cap was pine tar that helped him grip balls during a 6-1 victory Wednesday. Cardinals starter John Smoltz found balls slippery and walked five in four innings.

Duncan said umpires assured him balls were properly rubbed. New baseballs are rubbed by clubhouse attendants with a special mud designed to give pitchers a better grip.

Arroyo said the stain on his cap is residue from mud used to rub baseballs at other ballparks.

"It's from playing in every other park where there's so much mud on the balls that that black stuff comes off on young fingers every time," Arroyo said. "I guess [Duncan] said I went to my hat time after time. Yeah, I do 8,000 other twitches. What you want me to do about it? That's how I pitch.

"I guarantee when I pitch against the Cardinals next year, I'll call over and tell Dave Duncan I'm wearing a brand new hat."

Reds manager Dusty Baker said the Cardinals have their own experience with doctored caps.

"If anybody should know, it would be Duncan," Baker said. "I remember they had Julian Tavarez over there. They threw his hat out, remember that? His hat was all messed up. It's not like it's something new."

Tavarez, then with the Cardinals, was suspended for eight days by Major League Baseball in 2004 for applying a foreign substance to balls during a game against Pittsburgh that Aug. 24.

Arroyo (15-13) finished with 12 consecutive starts in which he went at least seven innings while allowing no more than three earned runs. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he is the first Reds pitcher since at least 1900 to put together such a streak and only the fourth overall in the last 20 years, joining Greg Maddux (12 straight for the Cubs in 1992), Randy Johnson (14 for Arizona in 1999) and Curt Schilling (12 for Arizona in 2002).

Back
Top Bottom