Official 2009 National League Champs: Philadelphia Phillies beat the Dodgers 4-1 Vol. Broxton = SOFT

^ Hit and Run dude.

Yeah, Ethier isn't fast on the basepaths,
laugh.gif

The high fastball made it easier for Ruiz to throw him out.

I like the aggresiveness though.

Someone had to miss a sign, it wasn't a hit and run because Manny kept the bat on his shoulders.

I love being aggressive, but to take the bat out of Mannys hands like that ... that ain't cool
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

^ Hit and Run dude.

You dont hit and run with two outs bro. Thats really bad baseball. Like stealing third base with two outs.

i think you can hit and run on 2 outs.. but not on that count. it was like 1-2 or 2-2. I wouldn't have sent Ethier on that count yet with Manny at theplate.

Originally Posted by dland24

^ Hit and Run dude.

You dont hit and run with two outs bro. Thats really bad baseball. Like stealing third base with two outs.

I never bought that philosophy. I doubt they called a steal for Ethier.

Missed sign or a hit and run. The bat was on Manny's shoulder because the ball was too damn high. Oh well.

Hit an run with two outs is not conventional, but I wouldn't call it bad baseball.

Let's go guys, we need an insurance run here.

Great at bat James.

The only reason I questioned a hit & run call, regardless if the ball was too high, too low, a strik or a ball the hitter should at least try to attempt aswing and not leave the runner out to dry.

All good though, let's go.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i think you can hit and run on 2 outs.. but not on that count. it was like 1-2 or 2-2. I wouldn't have sent Ethier on that count yet with Manny at the plate.

Hitting and running with 2 outs is absolutely 100% bad baseball. Hitting and running in general is taking the bat out of your hitters hands because he isforced to swing at any pitch that doesnt hit him. Hitters are taught to hit the ball on the ground and hope it finds a hole. Chances are though, the batterwill not get a hit, because the batter loses his ability to select pitches, and is forced to swing at whatever pitch is thrown regardless of where it is. Themajority of the time, the batter does not get a hit.

You dont hit and run with two outs. Period. And IRON MAN, regardless of what philosophy YOU believe in, managers do NOT call hit and runs with two outs. Thatswhy you almost never see it happen.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

it had to be a hit and run though. ethier has no speed

My thought is either Andre THOUGHT a hit and run or steal was called, or a steal was called. There is NO WAY Torre called a hit and run. He is not an idiot.

i think you can hit and run on 2 outs.. but not on that count. it was like 1-2 or 2-2. I wouldn't have sent Ethier on that count yet with Manny at the plate.

Hitting and running with 2 outs is absolutely 100% bad baseball. Hitting and running in general is taking the bat out of your hitters hands because he is forced to swing at any pitch that doesnt hit him. Hitters are taught to hit the ball on the ground and hope it finds a hole. Chances are though, the batter will not get a hit, because the batter loses his ability to select pitches, and is forced to swing at whatever pitch is thrown regardless of where it is. The majority of the time, the batter does not get a hit.

You dont hit and run with two outs. Period. And IRON MAN, regardless of what philosophy YOU believe in, managers do NOT call hit and runs with two outs. Thats why you almost never see it happen.

You're crazy, you know that is what small ball is all about. Like I said, it is not conventional, that is why NO ONE likes to play small ball. TheDodgers lived and died by it during Tommy's tenure. Same with the Angels now.

Kind of like a squeeze play, NO ONE likes to call it because IF you fail, like the Angels in the ALDS last season, you look like a fool. However, I'mnot surprised that Mike Scioscia, a Tommy disciple, called that play. It just failed. Calling it bad baseball is absurd.

It's what small ball is all about. Hit and run, station to station baseball, squeeze plays.....
smokin.gif
You know the risk, yet you also reap the rewards.

Hitting and running with 2 outs is absolutely 100% bad baseball. Hitting and running in general is taking the bat out of your hitters hands because he is forced to swing at any pitch that doesnt hit him. Hitters are taught to hit the ball on the ground and hope it finds a hole. Chances are though, the batter will not get a hit, because the batter loses his ability to select pitches, and is forced to swing at whatever pitch is thrown regardless of where it is. The majority of the time, the batter does not get a hit.

You dont hit and run with two outs. Period. And IRON MAN, regardless of what philosophy YOU believe in, managers do NOT call hit and runs with two outs. Thats why you almost never see it happen.

You're crazy, you know that is what small ball is all about. Like I said, it is not conventional, that is why NO ONE likes to play small ball. The Dodgers lived and died by it during Tommy's tenure. Same with the Angels now.

Kind of like a squeeze play, NO ONE likes to call it because IF you fail, like the Angels in the ALDS last season, you look like a fool. However, I'm not surprised that Mike Scioscia, a Tommy disciple, called that play. It just failed. Calling it bad baseball is absurd.

It's what small ball is all about. Hit and run, station to station baseball, squeeze plays.....
smokin.gif
You know the risk, yet you also reap the rewards.

First of all, save your small ball lessons. I know what small ball is. Secondly, how are you going to sit there and compare hitting and running with 2 outs toa suicide squeeze? Completely different.

Let me flip it on you. Since you seem to think you know what you are talking about here. Tell me what advantages there are to calling a hit and run with arunner on 1st and 2 outs. You say there you know the risk but reap the rewards.....so tell me, what would be the reward in that situation?

They were pitching Manny inside, he pulls that ball down the line Ethier scores, even with his "average" speed.

Producing a run.

Back
Top Bottom