Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

you took Wisconsin, too....
laugh.gif

How bout Purdue vs Washington?
nerd.gif

And, no...Tenn nor Okie State have an answer for Blair...but he's 2 quick first half fouls away from changing everything.

Digger completely ignoring ASU and speaking on a Cuse/OU matchup
grin.gif

Maybe it's just me. But I think Harden kicks it up another level and Pendergraph plays well. Forget about them also being better offensively and defensively. Looking at everything, there's only one thing Cuse does better and that's offensive rebounding.

Washington will beat Uconn

Nova beats Duke

I got the Zags beating UNC

I got Cuse going to the Final Four. Louisville, Memphis, Cuse and Pittsburgh. Louisveille = '09 Champs

West coast people. USC is legit?

Am I the only person that's taking ASU > Cuse simply because I think the Orange are gonna be completely drained both mentally and physically?

It just seems to me that these teams that have incredible conference tourney runs end up running out of gas early in the big dance too.

And Fede DPT, USC is definitely better than their seed.

Originally Posted by D723

Am I the only person that's taking ASU > Cuse simply because I think the Orange are gonna be completely drained both mentally and physically?

It just seems to me that these teams that have incredible conference tourney runs end up running out of gas early in the big dance too.

And Fede DPT, USC is definitely better than their seed.

I figured that, I have them in the Sweet 16. I really want to pick USC over WVU.

Guess I'll be changing that Illinois over Gonzaga pick since Chester Frazier is for sure out...

Great, Facebook won't let me change anything...

they should just sit lawson this entire weekend...they should be able to get by without him. have him ready for thezags...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

And, no...Tenn nor Okie State have an answer for Blair...but he's 2 quick first half fouls away from changing everything.

grin.gif

Maybe it's just me. But I think Harden kicks it up another level and Pendergraph plays well. Forget about them also being better offensively and defensively. Looking at everything, there's only one thing Cuse does better and that's offensive rebounding.

Personally I took Purdue, a healthy Hummel made that decision for me.

The Blair foul trouble, Fields injury, and their tendency to fold in the tourney have me extremely skeptic ... but I took them to go to the FF anyway
ohwell.gif

I'm really up in arms concerning the USC/Mich St game still. My hearts telling me to take USC to the 8, but my mind is telling me not to go against Izzo healways has his kids playing GOOD ball this time of yr... But their performance in the Big 10 tourney was less than inspiring. So I'm In A State Of FluxRight Now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

grin.gif

Personally I took Purdue, a healthy Hummel made that decision for me.

The Blair foul trouble, Fields injury, and their tendency to fold in the tourney have me extremely skeptic ... but I took them to go to the FF anyway
ohwell.gif

I'm really up in arms concerning the USC/Mich St game still. My hearts telling me to take USC to the 8, but my mind is telling me not to go against Izzo he always has his kids playing GOOD ball this time of yr... But their performance in the Big 10 tourney was less than inspiring. So I'm In A State Of Flux Right Now
frown.gif

I'm thinking about taking USC just based on the fact of the tourney play but I'm in the same state of mind you are...w/State and Izzo I can't goagainst them in the 2nd round...I'm not even sure about WVU/State match up...

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

grin.gif

I took Purdue, but I struggled with it. I really didn't know how to treat the pac-10 in this tournament... i bought into them hard someplaces and others not so much. I do have ASU beating Cuse, but I think i'll regret that.

My elite 8 goes:

Wake - MSU, Uconn - Memphis, Pitt - UCLA, and Gonzaga - Oklahoma.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I could lose two of these squads on day one
laugh.gif

I went from having Marquette in the sweet 16 to having them get upset in the first round just because I needed to find another upset on the board somewhere.
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's all good - i had fun with this one, i feel good about it.
pimp.gif

this is the first year i've kept all of my bracket entries the same. im in three pools and have identical brackets in each...not the smartest way...

but at least i have integrity...word to one of the mikes from mike and mike
laugh.gif

You gotta have the same bracket for the most part.. only thing you should really change is maybe a first round game or two. It's all about bracketintegrity. The only thing is, you have to make your bracket more unique than everyone elses in SOME way, otherwise, even if you were to be really accurateyou'd still probably lose.

Anyways - gotta do some stuff, enjoy the early games fellas.. check back with you all later.

By the way - happy birthday to me!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by SpecialEd88

%$%* it. I'm not doing a bracket this year.
That's the way I felt a couple of days ago, too. I ended up doing a bracket, including some reaches just cuz I don't really care about it this year.

It feels like whenever I seriously do a bracket, I lose the whole March Madness feeling of wanting to see a cinderella team, and care more about my bracket. I'd rather just watch some good basketball without any kinds of associations with teams this year.
Its not even that. This year there is no clear cut team that can win it all IMO. There is so much parity after the first round that I was gettingfrustrated even thinking about it.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

grin.gif

I took Purdue, but I struggled with it. I really didn't know how to treat the pac-10 in this tournament... i bought into them hard some places and others not so much. I do have ASU beating Cuse, but I think i'll regret that.

My elite 8 goes:

Wake - MSU, Uconn - Memphis, Pitt - UCLA, and Gonzaga - Oklahoma.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I could lose two of these squads on day one
laugh.gif

I went from having Marquette in the sweet 16 to having them get upset in the first round just because I needed to find another upset on the board somewhere.
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's all good - i had fun with this one, i feel good about it.
pimp.gif

even with the way Teague has been struggling with his offensive production in the last month??? Wheeeeew. Bold move brother BOOOOOOOOOOOOLD MOVE.

There's no way Lawson won't play in the tourney at all, they're just trying to rest him as long as possible. As soon as we need him, he'll beon the court.

A little over an hour away
pimp.gif

^ You mean like firewalls?? Isn't there websites where you can bypass stuff like that? I forget what they're called but I used to use them on campuswhen they had damn near everything blocked...

Tell me someone saw this Devendorf piece on ESPNU

bout him bein a good father and balancing everythin, and learning right from wrong.

G T F O H

my NCAA tourney TV schedule today here in Memphis:

Cal State Northridge - Memphis 11:10 AM CT
Maryland - California 1:30 PM CT
Miss. St. - Washington 3:45 PM CT
Minnesota - Texas 6:30 PM CT
VCU - UCLA 8:30 PM CT

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm really up in arms concerning the USC/Mich St game still. My hearts telling me to take USC to the 8, but my mind is telling me not to go against Izzo he always has his kids playing GOOD ball this time of yr... But their performance in the Big 10 tourney was less than inspiring. So I'm In A State Of Flux Right Now
frown.gif
Keep USC, so I'm not the only one who looks like an idiot when Mich St. crushes them outta nowhere.
laugh.gif

Are they gonna be streaming the games online from any sites?

They moved my office I can't see the outside TV from here
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom