Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Ugh...

I just hope Maynor & Co. lose right away so we can hear JRAIN's slurping come to an end

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

VCU/UCLA is going to be a dramatic conclusion to the end of the games on Thursday. Maynor will slay UCLA!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

861479.jpg

I picked UCLA so J RAIN can go FFFFUUUUU when VCU loses...
laugh.gif

Anyways...Memphis to easily manhandle CSUN on the 2nd game of the day tomorrow.
pimp.gif

I just hope his computer explodes, blows all his fingers off, and we never have to listen to his incessant !$%$ slobbing ever again...

Does anyone have the coverage map for tomorrow? I'm probably going to a sports bar but it would be nice to have anyway.

T-Minus 12 hours.

I'm jealous of Dre for having LL tickets to the games tomorrow.

I am in a pool where you 8 people draft 8 teams and you get points for each win a team you have selected makes. The point values go up after each round. I hadthe 6th pick and this is who I got:
- Villanova
- Oklahoma
- West Virginia
- Marquette
- LSU
- Texas A&M
- Mississippi St.
- Robert Morris

I kind of like the potential my team has, but we'll see how it works out.

If you go to zap2it.com, you can find out what games you're going to get.

Go to that website, put in your zip code, choose your cable provider, find out which games you get to watch...

I feel like if Pitt makes it past their second round game, I like their matchups the rest of the way.. it's just that Ok State or Tenn matchup that worriesme a bit..

I like Pitt's draw the whole way, really...

DeJuan Blair is going to ABUSE Oklahoma State or Tennessee... Neither one has an answer for him at all...

Nowitness, I know you're a Big 12 guy, and I tried to pose the same question to Allen3xis, so...

what do think of Mizzou matching up against Memphis, just in case both meet in the Sweet 16?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I feel like if Pitt makes it past their second round game, I like their matchups the rest of the way.. it's just that Ok State or Tenn matchup that worries me a bit..
Really???

I just don't see either putting up much of a fight. Maybe Tenn can stay competitive but i don't know. Tyler Smith plays a point-forward doesn't he?That might give them a slight advantage. Idk if it's TS but I know they got one guy who is pretty tall that Bruce can trust to bring the ball up andfacilitate.

Missouri and Memphis will be interesting... I've seen Missouri look really, really good at times this season, and I've seen them look really iffy attimes too, so it kinda depends on which team shows up... And I have a hard time getting a real gauge on Memphis... They've played like two good teams allseason long...

I think Leo Lyons and DeMarre Carroll give Taggert and Dozier a look they haven't seen all season from another set of forwards... And I'd be realinterested to see what kinda problems JT Tiller can cause for Tyreke Evans defensively...

Missouri is gonna come with full court pressure for 40 minutes like they have all season, but I don't know if they wanna get in an up-and-down game withMemphis, so it'll be interesting to see how they approach it... I know Memphis isn't running at the pace they did last year, but they can still get outand run, and they'll force Missouri into some mistakes if Mizzou gets a little too fast for their own good...

I dunno, I went back and forth with it when I was filling out the bracket, and I think that half of the bracket sets up well for the two to meet in the Sweet16... I settled on Memphis because they're really good defensively, they've got the bigs to at least matchup against Carroll/Lyons, and I don'tthink Mizzou has an answer for Tyreke Evans in terms of a go-to guy down the stretch...

Definitely an interesting matchup though...

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Nowitness, I know you're a Big 12 guy, and I tried to pose the same question to Allen3xis, so...

what do think of Mizzou matching up against Memphis, just in case both meet in the Sweet 16?
I personally put Mizzou over Memphis. I feel it's a bit of a reach, though.

JT Tiller is the best defensive guard in the Big Xii, and probably even top 3 in the nation...I'm banking on him being able to stop or slow down Tyreke.Plus, I have a feeling that press that Mizzou runs could give Memphis some problems, but I've also felt the exact opposite (that Memphis is athletic enoughthat they'll destroy that press). Hopefully we get a chance to see...

I don't think the press is what would necessarily give Memphis trouble... I wanna see what JT Tiller can do with Tyreke when they get set in a half-courtoffense and Tiller can get after him a little bit...

That'd be where the game would be won or lost, IMO... If Tiller gets the better of Tyreke, Missouri could easily win that game....

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I feel like if Pitt makes it past their second round game, I like their matchups the rest of the way.. it's just that Ok State or Tenn matchup that worries me a bit..
Really???

I just don't see either putting up much of a fight. Maybe Tenn can stay competitive but i don't know. Tyler Smith plays a point-forward doesn't he? That might give them a slight advantage. Idk if it's TS but I know they got one guy who is pretty tall that Bruce can trust to bring the ball up and facilitate.
There's something about both squads (and they're very similar statistically so maybe that's why) that bothers me in terms of thatmatchup for Pitt. I have a hard time seeing Pitt lose, but i think those teams can hang with them... the biggest thing is, they have the bodies to give Pitt arun for their money, at least everywhere but in the middle. I dunno, i just see it and worry.

^ Ya i hear you on that. I just decided to say *@$% it on the rest of my brackets. The one i put money on I actually studied and looked up scouting reports andall that jazz. The rest I just looked at real quick and picked who i thought had the best chance.

Since you're the Big10 official around here what do you know about Trevon Hughes. I've been reading on some boards and such that he will be guarding TDthe majority of the game.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

I personally put Mizzou over Memphis. I feel it's a bit of a reach, though.

JT Tiller is the best defensive guard in the Big Xii, and probably even top 3 in the nation...I'm banking on him being able to stop or slow down Tyreke. Plus, I have a feeling that press that Mizzou runs could give Memphis some problems, but I've also felt the exact opposite (that Memphis is athletic enough that they'll destroy that press). Hopefully we get a chance to see...
I disagree, I think when we get stuck running a half-court offense is when we are weakest. But Mizzou is by far the most difficult team for us tomatch up against in our region. With that said, I've got Quette beating them.

Originally Posted by jville819

^ Ya i hear you on that. I just decided to say *@$% it on the rest of my brackets. The one i put money on I actually studied and looked up scouting reports and all that jazz. The rest I just looked at real quick and picked who i thought had the best chance.

Since you're the Big10 official around here what do you know about Trevon Hughes. I've been reading on some boards and such that he will be guarding TD the majority of the game.
He's a pest. He completely took Talor Battle (b-10 leading scorer) out of both games we played them in this year, and basicallysingle-handedly decided the game himself by doing so.

I've gone through the brackets about 10 times now, and everytime I haven't even hesitated in putting Wiskey over FSU...and i happen to think FSU isreally solid, but they haven't faced many teams as deliberate in their pace as Wiskey - and the closest one to them, Northwestern, beat FSU.

Northwestern this year is like Wisconsin-lite.. they are the most frustrating team to play in maybe the entire country, because they will use all 35 seconds ofevery shot clock, and still score almost everytime they do - then force you to play the same way. Bo Ryan is a helluva coach, and I think that also givesWiskey a big edge here. Wiskey is built for tournmanets like this, and so long as they are able to dictate pace and play a physical game like they want to,they are going to win this game.

Your best hope? Get out and run as much as possible, and hope the game is called extremely tight. Good luck to you, and for your sake, i hope i'm wrong -because honestly, seeing wiskey as a 12 seed is about the worst draw you could've gotten.
ohwell.gif

Well damn
laugh.gif
I didn't know they were that good on D. Trevon sounds like a player, it's not easy to shut down Battle from what i've seen.

I guess I can just hope we make jumpshots and get out in transition. Thanks for the overview

I mean - they're beatable..
laugh.gif
reading what i wrote sounds really doom and gloom... this isn't wisconsin of a few years ago, that's whythey're at 12 seed after all. But man, they just annoy the hell out of me. I respect what they do, it's a style not seen often.. but ugh, hate them somuch.
laugh.gif

With Lawson not looking good, im really thinking of taking the Zags...

Pargo in the backcourt with no Lawson could mean some trouble...

Im going to toss and turn tonight in my sleep because of that one game

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

With Lawson not looking good, im really thinking of taking the Zags...

Pargo in the backcourt with no Lawson could mean some trouble...

Im going to toss and turn tonight in my sleep because of that one game
Not to mention that Heytfelt played well against Hansborough last time they played each other. And the team has been looking great since Bouldintook over the point.

Back
Top Bottom