Official 2009 NLDS Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers SWEEP St. Louis Cardinals!!! Vol. Unfinished Business

kind of off topic, i got a question for the cats who went yesterday.
was anybody else waiting and hoping for Slash to get his Hendrix on and slam out that national anthem?
laugh.gif

pretty tame...

-J-

Yeah, Manny can't catch up to a 90MPH fastball.

Will he get it together? I hope so, it only takes a string of hits for him to really get it going.

He just needs to change his approach at the plate, he wants to hit that HR blast so the fans will love him again, but move the runner over, hit a single or geton base.

Ever since he's come back, I've noticed a majority of his outs are high pop flys - getting under every pitch.

A lot of "experts" didn't credit the Dodgers bench at all, when they see the Cardinals 1-2 pitchers they automatically think it would be an easyseries.

We know the Dodgers have shown to be a resilient team the whole year and it showed yesterday.

Ned was smart adding Sherrill to the pen, although he hasn't pitched in many big games the NL isn't too familiar with him and the health of Hong ChihKuo has been a major factor of how good our pen has been.

Having that Kuo and Sherrill punch back there is big versus the Cards and would be important if, not looking ahead of course, we faced the Phillies.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Damn the prices for the NLCS are ridiculous.

they will go higher as the Dodgers go further.. with 50k fans in attendance yesterday, I'm sure there will be no problem selling tickets even if the pricewas high.. GO DODGERS!!!

Originally Posted by socluis90

Damn the prices for the NLCS are ridiculous.
Hell ya, I think I'm going to wait. For last years nlcs game 1 at home there was tickets below face or face without paying TM damn fee's.

whos copping?

I think I remember last year being cheaper by about $20

I think I sat in AYCE for about $65, will have to check my tickets

Originally Posted by JBug88

kind of off topic, i got a question for the cats who went yesterday.
was anybody else waiting and hoping for Slash to get his Hendrix on and slam out that national anthem?
laugh.gif

pretty tame...

-J-
i was. i also thought they should have had him for the 1st game instead when everyone was drunk and rowdy. maybe that would have brought it out ofhim
laugh.gif

i remember field seats costing me like 200 a pair so i dont think they went up too much.

im on trying to buy tickets right now and its all garbage seats. are they holding back tickets for the regular sale at 1?

i'm 50/50 on getting tix right now. im gonna hit some friends up to see if they're down. i'm thinking the only games worth paying that much forwould be 6 or 7. if not i'll pray for a WS in which I will pay anything.

IYN you have the presale code for the ones available right now?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

whos copping?

I think I remember last year being cheaper by about $20

I think I sat in AYCE for about $65, will have to check my tickets
I remember paying almost 100 dollars with all the damn fees for AYCE.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Cardinals in 4.

Veteran team like the Cards will handle their business in my opinion (go to the World Series).

4 games.

hmmm.

So.....want a cookie?

I just want to see good baseball not "wanna-be" Bill Buckner's.

No, just the fact that making predictions in baseball is like predicting earthquakes here in Cali.

...and like Earthquakes they are gonna happen no matter what.
laugh.gif

What good is sports w/o predictions.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just need Manny to have another patient at bat like he did in his last one, yesterday.

He seems to be rushing everything, damn fans, they expect a homerun out of him everytime.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

NLCS2
thanks bro.

I'm wondering if I should skip getting these and just wait last minute for the people selling their tickets for cheap.

What are you guys gonna do?

bunch of bad seats on there right now. thats why im wondering if this presale is limited to crap seats only. maybe more will open up at 1?

good looks on that code IYN.
My dad and I wanted Loge tix and it looks like they are available.
Thanks

-J-

got home game 3 (game 6) Loge 165. way the hell at the end, but eff it. I'm there. all that matters...

there's a guy with season tix at my work. do they get discounts or just get first dibs? gonna hit him up to see what he can get me.

^^ but they might still get a discount if there are still tix available. that's what i'm hoping for at least.

they can buy their own seats for ws already and they have the opportunity to buy another pair later at least thats what my coworker told me.

they only get a discount on their season tix seats but its only like $5. any extra they have to pay the same price everyone else does.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

NLCS2
thanks bro.

I'm wondering if I should skip getting these and just wait last minute for the people selling their tickets for cheap.

I went last year, so I'm like ehhh this year. $65 for pavillion after fees, ehhh. Plus I don't know if I can get outta work or not. So we'll see

Originally Posted by bright nikes

NLCS2
thanks bro.

thats what im going to try doing. i paid $30 for my lodge seats in the section below the upper deck for games 3 and 4 of someone i knew and ipaid $45 for my game 5 ticket on ticketmaster.

if i can get a ticket for $35-40 to one of the games ill go, if not then oh well.

Wainwright should wipe his tears with Holliday's panties. If we would have known the Cardinals were going to play as bad as the pirates should have justbeen nice and let the pirates play. Bunch of bums the Cardinals are.

i refuse to think the Cardinals are done. I believe they will win both games at home and if carpenter pitches game 5 he will redeem himself

Die hard cards fan........but i think they will get it together @ home in Joel can keep the ball down.

Looks like pitching around albert is working.......Cause Holliday has apparently gone back to his days batting in the AL.

Back
Top Bottom