[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I hear you Assassin. We're on the same page. No hard feelings or anything.

I'm out, though. Don't wanna reach my limit.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here. Anyone wanna give me a backup?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by Spyda23

Yo Danny you are a B.A.N.

How could you root for the phillies being a met fan. thats gay.

Thats like me goin for the red sox if they played the mets.

You're a disgrace to ny baseball.
laugh.gif

I thought you were talking to me since my name is Danny too.

But damn, %!!$ just got personal in here. Now we got Government Name calling. Ouch.

Lol nah its for mez...he should already know!

I could go so many routes with this Albert.

Mister+Met+Wally.jpg

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I could go so many routes with this Albert.
Ohhhhh dammmmnnnnnnn

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I hear you Assassin. We're on the same page. No hard feelings or anything.

I'm out, though. Don't wanna reach my limit.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here. Anyone wanna give me a backup?
laugh.gif
I've stayed out of this so I don't run that risk of hitting my post limit

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What's the status on the game?
On schedule, as far as I know. Kim Jones was just on the Fan with Francesca, live from the Stadium, and she said the Yankees were on the field forBP/tossing the ball around.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What's the status on the game?

UPDATE, 4:08 p.m.: Getting better …

Yes, that's sunshine. Gates open at 5 p.m. and the Yankees will be on the field hitting at that time.

• Girardi said he hasn't ruled out using Posada to catch Burnett, but it sounds like he's leaning more toward sticking with Molina. "It'ssomething that we'll discuss," he said. "But as I've said all along, it's worked pretty well. And in the course of the season you go withtwo catchers all the time. I'm still comfortable using Molina, and if I have to, pinch hit Jorge."

UPDATE, 4:49 p.m.: The pregame ceremony plans for Game 1 have retired Army Captain Tony Odierno joined on the mound by Yogi Berra, FirstLady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Odierno is a West Point graduate who was awarded a bronze star with valor and apurple heart for his bravery.

Originally Posted by John2st

phillies payroll is paying our guys not all stars from other teams you idiot.

Yeah sure you moron. Cliff Lee, Ibanez, Pedro Lidge. Basically, your top 2 starters, your closer and your all star outfielder. Moron.

Isn't Pedro on a minimum-type salary?
laugh.gif
Ibanez was obtained for cheap.

Lee and Lidge were traded for.

The whole argument was dumb to begin with but I'm just sayin'. Not a good comparison.
laugh.gif

Game needs to start already.

Yankee's fans acting like the Rays weren't good last year

I'll just let the Phillies playing do the talking, no need to put my two cents in here

[h1]http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/10/28/world-series-preview-music-yankees/[/h1]
[h1]World Series At-Bat Music Preview: New York Yankees[/h1]
Posted 57 minutes ago by Kyle Anderson in Music

Earlier today, we attempted to handicap the 2009 World Series (which starts in only a few hours) by taking a look at the at-bat songs for the Philadelphia Phillies. This time, we take a look at the lineup offered up by the New York Yankees. It's a less eclectic batch of tunes for sure, but possibly more effective, as it's filled top-to-bottom with badass New York hip-hop and tough guy tunes sure to swing any game in the Bronx's favor.

It begins with Derek Jeter and Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" (which he and Alicia Keys will perform live during Game 2 on Thursday night), a great New York anthem for a great New York team (and a great New Yorker). Johnny Damon uses Saliva's "I Walk Alone" as his entrance tune, yet another track that connects baseball and wrestling (it's the same song used by WWE star Batista). Mark Teixeira uses Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock" (another New York-centric selection, as the band is from Long Island) while Nick Swisher saunters in to Ludacris and R. Kelly's "Rockstar."

There are some stranger moments, most notably Hideki Matsui's use of Billy Joel's "Big Shot" - a New York tune for sure, but probably not in Matsui's regular iPod rotation.

Still, the Yankees have the advantage. Sure, they've got three Jay-Z songs, but they also have a secret weapon: Closer Mariano Rivera, who enters every game with Metallica's "Enter Sandman" pumping through the PA. With a playlist like that, the World Series is the Yanks' to lose. They will "Run This Town," indeed.

[h1]http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/10/28/world-series-philadelphia-phillies/[/h1]
[h1]World Series At-Bat Music Preview: Philadelphia Phillies[/h1]
Posted 5 hrs ago by Kyle Anderson in Music

Assuming the wet, frosty weather in New York cooperates, the 2009 World Series will kick off tonight at Yankee Stadium. The New York Yankees (featuring perennial All-Stars Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez) will square off against the Philadelphia Phillies (who are the defending champs) in a best-of-seven series that will decide who the best team in baseball is. Unlike in past years, these two teams match up relatively evenly, as they both have explosive lineups, solid starting pitching and deep bullpens. According to most online betting parlors, the Yankees are the slight favorite, though it's really anybody's Series.

But that doesn't mean we can't handicap the teams anyway, and there's really only one way to really decide which squad will be truly dominant: Analyzing the at-bat music for key players on either side. A relatively new tradition at ballparks, just about every player in Major League Baseball has a song (or a series of songs) that plays when he comes up to the plate for an at-bat. It's not unlike the songs that announce the arrival of professional wrestlers.

The Phillies have an eclectic lineup, which also means that they have a batch of at-bat songs that are sort of all over the place. Leadoff man Jimmy Rollins starts it off nicely with Clipse's "I'm Good" (an appropriate title for a former MVP). But after that, it gets a little cagey. Shane Victorino uses Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier" (a swell song, but not exactly something that strikes fear in the hearts of opposing pitchers), while Jayson Werth goes with Marilyn Manson's "Arma-goddamn-motherf-------geddon" (a recent, tepid single for the Antichrist Superstar). Ryan Howard and Carlos Ruiz both use big swagger hip-hop tracks (Drake's "Forever" and Soulja Boy Tell'Em's "Turn My Swag On," respectively), and Matt Stairs successfully bridges the world of baseball and wrestling when he comes to bat to Disturbed's "Glass Shatters," which was the entrance music for WWE superstar "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

But it's the pitching staff who really have the best musical selections. Cole Hamels warms up to AC/DC's "Thunderstruck," Scott Eyre uses Flo Rida's "In the Ayer" (clever!) and closer Brad Lidge has two songs (a Linkin Park tune for non-save situations and a Drowning Pool track for saves).

We'll take a look at the Yankees lineup later today, but for now, enjoy this musical trip through the Philadelphia lineup. Leading off: Jimmy Rollins with Clipse's "I'm Good."

Back
Top Bottom