[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

laugh.gif
Cano isn't close to Utley

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

They the champs, let em talk.
That's what I'm saying. When you win a championship, you just don't win a ring or a trophy. You win bragging rights. And have thoserights until someone takes that away from us.

Swept by the Rockies with almost all the same stars in 2007 that you have this yearand now theres dynasty talk???? and we are talking stupid %#+* are youkidding me??

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Just hope your team backs up all the talk, 'cause if they don't I'm looking forward to making fun of y'all.
laugh.gif

And if we don't, everyone who posts in S&T will poke fun at us. Even the level headed ones
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Phillies gettin no respect. Not from people on NT, not from analysts or anybody.
Idk about all that now
grin.gif
All the ESPN shows I have seen itsbeen about 50/50

Originally Posted by Proshares

Just hope your team backs up all the talk, 'cause if they don't I'm looking forward to making fun of y'all.
laugh.gif

And if we don't, everyone who posts in S&T will poke fun at us. Even the level headed ones
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

at least a little

laugh.gif
And if your team doesn't back up all the Yankee talk on here, you can expect the same damn thing.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Same as every year since 2000. I'm used to it. No big deal.
laugh.gif

And I don't claim all these Yankee fans talking crazy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

at least a little

Just remember, you're on our turf now
laugh.gif

Same as every year since 2000. I'm used to it. No big deal.
laugh.gif

Yea but it still irks me a bit.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Are you serious, its the National League. There are college teams that could win out there. and they won 10 games less than us. 103 wins in the AL or 93 in the NL thats a joke its not even comparable

Wow....you def fit into the douche bag Yankee fan category that we've all grown accustomed to love.
Ill take that as a compliment cause other than the people in on your inside jokes I dont know who the hell you root for.

Ill take this

Over all you scared fans who want to give props to the opposing team and look like dogs with your tail in between your legs " I just like baseball bothteams are good Get outta here"

Originally Posted by af1 1982

4w, aren't you from Philly?

Phillies gettin no respect. Not from people on NT, not from analysts or anybody.

And who cares if we won against the Rays because all I know is that the Yanks couldn't even beat the bum #++ Marlins, even with their all star of a team.

Yeah Philly fans are filthy and disrespectful and I'm damn proud of it. You wouldn't understand it unless you were from Philly. And the cars tipping over and everything happens in EVERY SINGLE city after a championship. Announcers and %!! just feel obligated to talk down on Philly, no matter what happens to us. And so what if we haven't one in 25 years a chip (before last year). I'm sorry that we don't have 2 teams in almost every sport to bring home a championship. I'm sorry that we don't have the corporate support to buy any player we desire.
I live in Philly. Not from Philly. Big difference
wink.gif

laugh.gif
And if your team doesn't back up all the Yankee talk on here, you can expect the same damn thing.
roll.gif
I wouldn't expect any less. Hell, we get it every year anyway. What would make this year any different? Everyone's at the edge of theirseat waiting for the Yankees to fail as usual.
laugh.gif

In all honesty though, this is the most dislike I've felt for a group of rival fans on NT in a while.
laugh.gif

Hey Assassin, chill out buddy. People have different ways of rooting. Not everyone is going to go out pounding their chest when they're about to play thereigning world champions.

[h1]Rollins picks Phils in 5 games - Yankees scoff[/h1] [h2]Philly SS makes bold move on Leno's show: 'Of course we're going to win'

[/h2]
[h2]
APTRANS.gif
[/h2]
[h2]updated 9:01 p.m. ET, Tues., Oct . 27, 2009 [/h2]

NEW YORK - Jimmy Rollins has done pretty well making predictions. His latest is sure to rile up New York Yankees fans.

"Of course we're going to win," he said on "The Jay Leno Show" on Monday night, two days before Game 1 of the World Series. "If we're nice we'll let it go six (games), but I'm thinking five. Close it out at home."

The Yankees were not moved by Rollins' boast, dismissing the Philadelphia shortstop's comment Tuesday.

"He's been Nostradamus, that's what I heard," Yankees catcher Jorge Posada said. "He's been (making) a lot of good predictions, so we've got to take that away from him."

Earlier this season, Rollins forecast the Yankees and Phillies would meet in the Fall Classic this year.

"He predicted we'd play them in the World Series about seven years ago, too," Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter said. "You make enough predictions, I guess you'd be right most of the time, right?"

Most of the time. Try all of the time, so far.

Rollins got into the soothsaying business before the 2007 season when he exclaimed the Phillies, not the Mets, were the team to beat in the NL East. He backed it up with an MVP season as Philadelphia surged into first as New York collapsed.

And last year, Rollins said the Phillies would win 100 games. They got 92 of them in the regular season and 11 more in the
playoffs en route to the World Series title.

Rollins' teammates are used to his swagger, and are not bothered by the bulletin board fodder.

"That's just Jimmy," Phillies slugger Ryan Howard said. "He loves that spotlight. He loves putting that type of - I guess I don't want to say pressure - but just putting that kind of attention on himself and on our team. Obviously, with those comments, you know here in Yankee Stadium, you know they're going to be all over him. And you know what? He wants that. He relishes that moment."

Then why didn't he go further a call for a sweep?

"I think it would be very tough to take four. You figure one game they're going to find a way to win," Rollins said during Tuesday's media session. "That's the way it is."

Teammate Chase Utley has his own plans for Rollins if he's right again.

"I think if this one sticks I think I'll take him to Vegas with me," Utley said.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Its a North East thing, not a Philly thing specifically.
I can definitely ride with that but not with cats acting like Philly is the only place where this happens.

It's not the ONLY place. But the perception is that it happens much more frequently in philly. when the giants recently won I didn't seevideos of morons climbing on street lights and even dumber people throwing bottle at their heads. people don't start looting in new york when we winsomething. maybe it's cus you guys don't win chips that much? I don't know. The idea that most philly fans are classeless people didn't comeout of nowhere and it's not a new idea either.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

4w, aren't you from Philly?

And who cares if we won against the Rays because all I know is that the Yanks couldn't even beat the bum #++ Marlins, even with their all star of a team.

Yeah Philly fans are filthy and disrespectful and I'm damn proud of it. You wouldn't understand it unless you were from Philly. And the cars tipping over and everything happens in EVERY SINGLE city after a championship. Announcers and %!! just feel obligated to talk down on Philly, no matter what happens to us. And so what if we haven't one in 25 years a chip (before last year). I'm sorry that we don't have 2 teams in almost every sport to bring home a championship. I'm sorry that we don't have the corporate support to buy any player we desire.
I live in Philly. Not from Philly. Big difference
wink.gif

Damn man
laugh.gif
you had me going there for a second.

Hey Assassin, chill out buddy. People have different ways of rooting. Not everyone is going to go out pounding their chest when they're about to play the reigning world champions.

Dont worry bout me thats the problem I didnt say anyone has to root like I am. I didnt come in here and say !+#! till this win in 5 games of course we aregonna win from THIER players popped up. yall make me sick with this chill out !+#!

It should come as no surprise Jimmy likes to pick his team winning, not really a big deal.

He likes to be a target, $!*@ I'd probably do the same thing if I were in his position, makes the game more fun.

^ Mez ill give you that one im just surprised he did it on freaking Jay Leno. Its not like football where bulletin board material really matters but itsshocking to me. Actually Pedro's comments were more shocking Rollins just sounds like his fans.

as a short stop ? wait wait wait rollins isnt top 3 short stop in the nl every year? wow .
Hanley
Tulo
Escobar
Tejada

Rollins wasn't even a top 4 SS in the NL this year.

Edit: And now that I think about it, Hanley, Stephen Drew, and Reyes were better than Rollins last year. So...nope, not last year either.

Back
Top Bottom