[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Lee (game 1) and Hamels (game 3) will be going on 9 days rest. Pedro (game 2) and Blanton (game 4) will be going on 12 days rest.

Just saying....

They had plenty of rest waiting for the Rays to finish the job last season, that's not an issue at all with em'.

i love the extra rest the phils are getting
168c2gg_th.jpg
We gave Lee extra rest before the playoffs, when he wasstruggling, and so far he's been lights out, same for Pedro. It's really good for Ibanez and Utley, who both are rumored to be injured.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

That Yankee fitted is going to become a hypebeast staple piece.

Deadass you've posted in every yankee related thread more than anyone else on NT. Ai fan I know your a closet yankee lover just admit it to the world its so obvious my man. No one could hate a team so much they hit their post limit everyday posting in their thread. How many times a day do u have to display your yankee hate/love
laugh.gif
we get it ai fan your a die hard sox fan
grin.gif
yeaighh
laugh.gif
rbk7ew.jpg

It's the biggest games of the season. Am I supposed to just go hibernate till next season starts? It just happens that I was at the crib for the last twogames. If the game would have been played on Saturday you wouldnt have even seen me in the thread cuz I was at my boys house party.

If it was the other way around and the Yankees were out and we were in Im sure a bunch of the true Yankees fans would still be in our thread. All the fairweather ones would be nowhere to be seen. But the real Yankee/Baseball fans would still be in the thread. I cant believe dudes is really monitoring my postslike im not allowed to post unless it is Boston related.

And the last thing would be that you act like all my posts in that thread where "hating" on the Yankees. I was just postin in the thread as the gamewent on with observations, and comments just like everyone else in there. You actin like all my posts were F the Yankees. These guys suck. My man please fallback off me for a second.

You guys have even gone so far as to believe that im not even supposed to be watching the games because the Yankees are in it and not the Sox. Your takingthings was too seriously here guys. And to be honest with you the more you make posts showing how much it annoys you the more I feel like posting just to pisssome of you guys off. And for the record I think Mez is in the threads just as much as me. He even went so far as to MAKE THE WS THREAD. But its all good. Itsno skin off my back. Ima post when and where I want.

There is a difference between a "baseball" fan and a "yankee" fan. I lived in Tampa now for the last 2 years and last year I wasnt rootingfor the damn Rays!

Red Sox Nation is the ultimate example of fairweather. There was no nation until 2004! Now you all are tired of hearing 27!!!

This is tough for me. I have never rooted for the yankees my whole life.

I am a Dodger so I don't really want the phillies to win either.

I think Sabathia will have to get 2 wins and atleast start a 3rd game for the yankees to win.

How about this upcoming Sunday? At 1 PM we will have Eagles vs Giants at Lincoln Financial Field and then at 8 PM we will have game 4 of Phillies vs Yankees atCitizens Bank Park. That is going to be one hell of a day.

so pedro's going game 2 ?

the " whos your daddy " chant will be deafening, last chance to get that piece of !*%% .............

Originally Posted by onewearz

so pedro's going game 2 ?

the " whos your daddy " chant will be deafening, last chance to get that piece of !*%% .............
Pedro_daddy.jpg
Someone with photoshop skills needs toput him in a Phillies hat asap.

i dont usually say this but as a semi-collector of yankee on-field hats...i just picked up the world series hat at yankee clubhouse btwn park and lex on 59th(dont go if you need small size today they were sold out) this hat is DOPE! The combo of the world series patch and the innaugural patch really set it off. Icould see myself rockin this one for a minute

ok im done with the fashion

IncredibleEv - I got the Inaugral patch hat at the beginning of season and I usually wear a 7 3/8 for any authentic collection. And that thing was huge, anysize difference on this that you notice. Cant pass up both patches on the hat for the same price as a regular one!

Right after I wrote this I called my local Lids to see if they will be getting that hat. I got a no but the interesting thing is the guy had to put the phonedown to ask a manager and when he asked him he said "No we wont be getting them down here thats a regional thing? But it wouldnt matter by the time we gotthem in the series would be over and (yells out loud) the Phillies would have won!!"

#1 your the manager of a store with a customer asking if you carry a product and you yell out the opposing teams going to win? Thats a selling point. Justshows how idiotic these fans coming out of the woodwork from Philly its going to be ridiculous.

1.88 ERA at home 5.66 on the road. it would be a mistake to have pedro pitch game 2. Hamels has been crap, so it wont make a difference where he'spitching

i think pitching is the only spot where the yanks have a distinct edge, lineups to me are too evenly matched. hate to say it but the phils may have a better1-9

smh.gif
@ me for saying that

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

IncredibleEv - I got the Inaugral patch hat at the beginning of season and I usually wear a 7 3/8 for any authentic collection. And that thing was huge, any size difference on this that you notice. Cant pass up both patches on the hat for the same price as a regular one!

Right after I wrote this I called my local Lids to see if they will be getting that hat. I got a no but the interesting thing is the guy had to put the phone down to ask a manager and when he asked him he said "No we wont be getting them down here thats a regional thing? But it wouldnt matter by the time we got them in the series would be over and (yells out loud) the Phillies would have won!!"

#1 your the manager of a store with a customer asking if you carry a product and you yell out the opposing teams going to win? Thats a selling point. Just shows how idiotic these fans coming out of the woodwork from Philly its going to be ridiculous.
lol thats pretty funny but just to answer i rock 7 3/8 on all my hats and i picked up that size, fits just like the rest. If i were you (i'mguessing in FL based on the sig) i'd just try to buy online or go to lids in the next couple of days and see what they got. I doubt a manager at LidsREALLY knows the deal when it comes to that... I can see them wanting to sell the hat in as many markets as possible, with Florida already having a big yankeefanbase.

Phillies do have a better 1-9 with the way we've been leaving runners on base this postseason and I think the starting rotations are pretty evenly matched.

The bullpens are going to be the breaking point. Hughes and Joba have to smooth out their problems.

as far as Hughes goes, i'm hoping to see more of that nasty curveball he threw to Guerrero...which i've been waiting for ALL YEAR! i understand hedidn't really need it in the bullpen but cot damn he has a nasty curve.

Obviously, its not going to stop Yank fans from buying it, but does anyone else think the WS logo is extremely lame this year?

heres the story about Hov performing :

Jay-Z, Alicia Keys to perform 'Empire State of Mind' before Game 1 of World Series

alg_jayz.jpg

The Yankees will be getting Empire State-size support from two of the music world's biggest stars.

Hip hop mogul and Bombers booster Jay-Z is set to perform his hit "Empire State of Mind" just before the Yanks take on the Phillies in Game 1 of theWorld Series Wednesday.

The Brooklyn native will join fellow New Yorker Alicia Keys in singing the rap anthem that's been blasting at Yankee Stadium during the team'spost-season run.

"Thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee," Jay-Z said yesterday, invoking the famous quote by Yankee legend Joe DiMaggio.

The rapper, who watched playoff games from Alex Rodriguez's box seats, called the performance a "once-in-a-lifetime experience" and said"Empire State of Mind" resonates beyond the city.

"Really it's about inspiration, it's about hope - I think that's what connects with people," he said. "The song connects outside ofNew York. Every night I play it, there's a monster response."

lets hope lil mama ain't no where to be found
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom