[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by dland24

Obviously, its not going to stop Yank fans from buying it, but does anyone else think the WS logo is extremely lame this year?

2004 to 2007 had some ugly logos.
The other thing I dont like about the recent couple years is the material they use for the patch. I wish they still embroidered the WS logo on the caps. The way they do it now it loos like the just grabbed all the teams hats that they had left and just sewed the dinky patches on them and call them new.
These new patches aren't even sewn on; now they are heat-pressed onto the cap.

The material of the patches feels nice but there was something about a fully-embroidered and sewn on patch that made the World Series cap worth that extra money.

And you're probably right about how these World Series caps were made
laugh.gif
Like they just grabbed a bunch of surplus caps and B-grades and put the patches on.
Exactly, they used to be done so nicely. Then when we finally get to the WS they start with this heat press BS. FML. But atleast the logo foryours this year is decent. 04-07 was a terrible stretch as far as logos go.

I can't wait for Wednesday.
pimp.gif

To quote the great Ric Flair "To be the man....You gotta beat the man." so it's only fitting that we have to beat the Phillies to get # 27.

Go Yanks!

can't wait for the chants ^

dissapointed about those logos not being sewed on. might not get one now, guess I'll have to see in person

victorino is gonna hunt down whoever did that and kill them. he's a short temper type of guy

did the yankees sell out every home playoff game this year? i could of swore there was empty seats on tv

Phils in 5. No way Yankees are taking one in Philly. No way.

Broad St. vs Wall St. LET'S GET IT PHILS
pimp.gif

jimmy rollins poppin ##%%
laugh.gif

Rollins says Phillies will take Series in five

Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins is known for speaking his mind. He drew the ire of the New York Mets for predicting that the Phils were the teamto beat in the National League East back in '07 (he was right, as the Mets famously collapsed down the stretch) and his team held up that statement in2008, winning another NL East title and a World Series ring.

(Teammate Cole Hamels took a page out of Rollins' book and called the Mets "chokers" after the Phillies locked up the title in '08)

Now that the Phillies are back in the World Series, Rollins is talking again. Appearing on The Jay Leno Show on NBC Monday night, Rollins proclaimedthat the Phillies would take the World Series, over the Yankees, in five games.

"Of course, we're gonna win," Rollins said on the show. "If we're nice, we'll let it go six, but I'm thinking five,close it out at home."

You can check out the video of Rollins' appearance here : http://www.thejaylenoshow.com/video/clips/tenten-jimmy-rollins/1169796/

The Yankees, of course, are shrugging off Rollins' bravado

"I couldn't care less about what he says, basically, because that's not what's going to happen," closer Mariano Rivera told theNewark Star-Ledger.

"What he says and what's going to happen is far from that. You know what I mean? I wouldn't expect nothing less," Rivera continued."We'll see what happens."

i love it, this series just got really good
pimp.gif

oh and ya man J Rol can probably expect one of these

rollin.jpg

stay thirsty my friends ...................

sounds like jimmy pissed mo off too.

i like the fire, it's gonna make this series that much better, if thats possible.

i honestly think this is gonna be one of the best world series we've seen in years...........

[h2]Rumor: Jay-Z World Series Opener Performance Cancelled[/h2]Tuesday, October 27 2009 6:08 PM EST | Posted by: YN | Posted in: Blog, Gossip

Uh-oh, I got a bad feeling about this one.

Well, after much speculation, it was recently announced that Jay-Z will be performing in Columbus on Wednesday night and pushing back the World Series Performance to Game 2, taking place on Thursday, October 29th in NYC.

Originally, Jay-Z was said to be doing both performances- Taking the field at the World Series and then flying a private jet from NYC to Columbus in time to take the stage but that plan has changed. Local online publication "The Lantern" spoke directly with John Vlautin from Live Nation Worldwide, Inc., the company representing Jay-Z. Vlautin told the website that Jay-Z will be performing in Columbus on Wednesday and, depending on the weather, he will be performing in New York on Thursday.

Source: Columbus Urban Life

I think Hov has a show in London on Thursday. This whole thing might be a wrap.

LINK

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201
Who has the PS skills to switch him into a Phillies hat!?

Oh, and about Jay-Z...I guess the Yankees are gonna have to run this town (Wednesday and Thursday) night
grin.gif
pimp.gif
(pun mother *%#**$$ intended!)

yo PhilBalla09

ur avy, is that when they won the series last year ?

everytime i see it i crack up, that some serious homer love right there. i can imagine what sterling or susan waldman do in the booth
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Phils in 5. No way Yankees are taking one in Philly. No way.

Broad St. vs Wall St. LET'S GET IT PHILS
pimp.gif
reminds me, i had this rolled away somewhere. took it from a train.
pimp.gif

it's like 10ft long, iduno what to do with it.
2vi1pnm.jpg

laugh.gif

at least harry went out as a champ, he would've been pump for this one

aight enuff of the good vibes , go %$*% yourself
laugh.gif

LETS GO YANKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom