OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

vezina - thomas runs away with it. no idea how. the guy pisses me off night in and night out with the goals he lets in and how he makes the routine look spectacular. bjm...i know we don't agree on tim, but man, dude IRKS me. but you cant argue his stats. he's the vezina guy.

I feel what you mean though. He makes 7 spectacular saves in a row that Patrick Roy would have trouble with, then he'll go 8 feet out of the net to challenge a puck, and makes the save, but the net is more open than the grand canyon for the put back.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Looks like the Hawks don't want to make the playoffs
30t6p3b.gif

They just need to find a way to get there. I need to see them in the playoffs.
$+%% 2 games against the wings to end the year 
tired.gif

We're ending your season, Dallas can send a thank you card too
laugh.gif

Thu Apr 07 02:26pm EDT
[h2]Henrik Zetterberg, Red Wings taking injury day by day[/h2]
By Greg Wyshynski

Around the 1-minute mark of this clip, Detroit Red Wings star Henrik Zetterberg(notes) is asked if it's frustrating to get injured this late in the season, as he'll miss both of the team's games against the Chicago Blackhawks this weekend with a "lower body injury." Hank's response? "Absolutely. This is when the fun time starts."

I am liking our chances a lot more with Hank missing from Detroit this weekend. Watch Datsyuk go ham though
tired.gif

DALLAS—Colorado Avalanche defenceman Adam Foote will announce Friday that he’s retiring.

The team captain will hold a news conference Friday morning in Denver to announce his retirement after this season.

Foote might still play this weekend for the Avs, but has been sidelined with a leg injury and is not with the team in Dallas, where it will play Thursday night. He will retire having played 20 seasons in the NHL, nearly all with the Avalanche franchise.

Foote is drafted 22nd overall in the 1989 NHL draft by the Quebec Nordiques. He played junior hockey for Sault Ste. Marie of the Ontario Hockey League.

He made his NHL debut on Oct. 19, 1991, against the Detroit Red Wings.

In the 1995-96 season, after the Nordiques had moved to Colorado, he played in 22 playoff games, finishing second in the league with a plus-11 as the Avs won their first Stanley Cup.

He won his second Stanley Cup with the Avs in the 2000-01 season. Foote scored a huge goal against the New Jersey Devils, a slap shot from the blue line, to give the Avs a 1-0 lead after being dominated most of the first period. The Avs went on to win 4-0 in an elimination Game 6 and captured the Cup in Game 7.

After the 2004-05 NHL lockout, salary cap reasons led Foote to leave the Avs and sign with the Columbus Blue Jackets, where he would play most of the next three seasons.

In 2008, Foote was re-acquired by the Avs at the trade deadline from Columbus. In 12 games for Colorado down the stretch, the team went 9-2-1 and he was instrumental in a first-round playoff victory over Minnesota.

The next season, Foote was named the second captain in Avalanche team history, taking over for Joe Sakic. He helped lead the Avs to the playoffs.

Injuries begin to take a toll on the veteran this season, along with the team’s losing ways. Friday he’ll announce his retirement at the end of the season on Sunday.

Last of the two-time Avs Cup winners.
frown.gif
Great career. I really hope he gets one last game.

i was watching sportsnet last night and they were talking about foote. HoF: yay or nay?

sad to see him retire and he had a great career (besides that stint in columbus
sick.gif
laugh.gif
)

anyways,

u

you son of a...

Looks like he Rangers are going to also have to rely on Carolina losing. Hate backing into anything, but still want to be in the playoffs obviously.

Grabner to me gets a special luck cause not to long ago, he was waived by the Panthers of all teams, and on his way back to the AHL.

My homerism says Marchand but he wont get it. Maybe a few votes.

I say Skinner in the end.

Interesting note, Steve Kampfer assigned to Providence. I guess that clears up who the D-Men will be in the playoffs. Hnidy probably is the extra carry and Boychuk/Ference are probably on a short leash.

Originally Posted by Proshares

You guys must love Grabner, I think I'd put him 3rd or 4th
laugh.gif
Admittedly, Grabo gets love from me for fairly petty reasons: (a) Skinner's a figure skater, (b) I used to play against Logan in minor hockey and baseball, and am jealous he made it to the show.

Glad to see the Oilers fans in here, 
laugh.gif
.  Sadly you guys have the better future
mad.gif
frown.gif

lol, i think edmonton is alot further from the post season than people think. as for calgary, backlund is a mighty fine piece for the future

id love to have glencross on our team next year though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sosly

Glad to see the Oilers fans in here, 
laugh.gif
.  Sadly you guys have the better future
mad.gif
frown.gif
Living in Calgary, I have seen just how fair-weathered the fans here can be.
They will ALWAYS pack the Sport Chek cheap seats with drunken University students, though. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Big game against the Wings tonight, we need take it and get Sunday's game.
as of right now, none of my friends are going out tonight...so looking like it'll be a sixer of sierra nevada and this game for me tonight
laugh.gif

Funny thing is I got offered tickets to the Ducks/Kings game tonight (friend is a season ticket holder). Said thanks but no thanks because the Hawks/Wings game is on
laugh.gif

Funny thing is I got offered tickets to the Ducks/Kings game tonight (friend is a season ticket holder). Said thanks but no thanks because the Hawks/Wings game is on
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Is he still going?  Traffic is gonna be a B heading to Anaheim, Angels Home opener and Ducks game.  
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

wow not what i expected in this hawks-wings game

It's exactly what I expected. We're a desperate team and Detroit is already in. Hopefully we win these 2 games big and carry over the momentum into the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom