OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Tyreke can't play the 1
Well it really depends on what you expect from the PG position. Depending on the offense being used by the Kings, Tyreke can be effective playingPG. If you are expecting Tyreke to be a distributor PG like Chris Paul then he can't play the PG position. If you want a scoring PG that can play sometough defense, Tyreke can do the job. I am not familiar with Westphal's offense so I can't really say concretely if Tyreke will be effective as a PG onthe Kings. During the end of the game last night, Beno, Martin, and Evans were on the floor at the same time. However, I saw mostly individual drives from allthree players rather than any team plays being used. Best thing to happen is if either Thompson or Hawes develops good passing from the high post and they playlike Webber and Divac from the early 2000's where Mike Bibby was used more for scoring than passing.

- Kevin Martin Has a Hairline Fracture in Left Wrist

- Kings Player Nocioni Apologizes For DUI Arrest

- KINGS REQUEST WAIVERS ON DESMOND MASON

Not a good day for the Kings...

Martin is having surgery on Monday. Out 6-8 weeks. 8 weeks probably. Beno is starting PG now.

32 & 7 for Tyreke ...... and the Kings win in Utah?

Time to put Martin on the trading block
laugh.gif

The whole team looked good tonight.

Spaced out offense, hustling, making shots, couldn't have played a better game.

Greene showing some potential too
smokin.gif

Can't wait until all the young players gel

Yeah good win tonight! Always good to beat the Jazz. Especially away. Tyreke did his thing and went to the line more than Martin does. Win or lose, it feelsgreat to see the Kings play with effort!

Donte Greene sighting!

2 wins in a row! Playing the Warriors is always interesting. Loving the effort from the Kings right now. Tyreke did his thing.

Warriors have some chemistry problem right now. Best of luck.

Donte Greene sighting again!

Kevin Martin had successful surgery on his left wrist today. Minimum to be out for at least 8 weeks. Best of luck to the guy.

Big game tomorrow. OKC took the W last time. Now it's in Sacramento, so hopefully the Kings continue to play passionate basketball and keep winning!

With Martin out, and Beno starting, who will guard Westbrook? Tyreke!

Durant will do his thing and Kings can't really do anything about it. However, the Kings must make Jeff Green a non-factor this time. No more open 3's.Thompson needs to stay out of foul trouble guarding dude. Krstic was a monster last time. Hawes must not allow that.

Game will be close, but I think the Kings can take this one at home. If it's only the Kevin Durant show, it's possible for a W for the Kings.

Great win tonight! 3 wins in a row actually. But at .500 for the first in 3 years. SMH. Haha.

Still very impressed with the Kings effort and hustle on defense. Got to keep doing that.

Tyreke had his revenge on Westrbook this game.

Kevin Durant did his thing. Good thing it was only him.

Go Kings!

Rockets vs Kings!

Key match-up is Scola vs Thompson.

Evans will face Ariza and Battier. Can be a long night for him...

If Kings stay hot, they might be able to steal this one.

Also, a good article in why the Kings should not trade Kevin Martin this season:

[h2]Why Tyreke Evans and the Kings Have Been More Successful[/h2]Already the hyenas invade. I have noticed a sincere uptick in "Tyreke Evansis not a point guard!" talk since Kevin Martin got injured,Beno Udrih got inserted into the starting line-up, and the Kings have gone on a 3-0string. I actually received a thoughtful email from a reader a few days ago stating that the Kings should trade Martin because "Evans clearly is not apoint guard."
The assertion is that Evans's success has come with the switch to off-guard, which hasn't actually happened: Evans is handling the ball as much ashe did with Martin on the court, if not more. Paul Westphal hasinstituted a duty-sharing system which had even Ime Udoka bringing the ball up as a shooting guard -- this is Ime Udoka, whose greatest successes have come asa Battier-like small forward and undersized power forward.

The Kings have been more successful for the last 10 days or so, definitely. But it has less to do with the Evans/Udrih backcourt than it does the additionof Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes to the starting line-up.

http://
star-divide.v5547.jpg

The starting line-up featuring Sean May and Desmond Mason wasbad. According to 82games.com, over 31 minutes the Evans-Martin-Mason-May-Thompson line-up wasa -19. Awful. Conversely, over 31 minutes the Evans-Martin-Nocioni-Thompson-Hawes line-up was a +1, which is pretty damn good (considering the age of thatunit). Evans is the point guard in both line-ups (which happen to be the two most frequently used line-ups so far this season -- a Martin-less line-up willsoon overtake them). The contrast is in the small forward and center, and when you look at the total individual production of Mason and May when compared toNocioni and Hawes, it's easy to see why the Kings are better off now.

Of course, if success is more attributable to the additions of Nocioni and Hawes than the addition of Udrih, then the Udrih-Evans-Nocioni-Thompson-Hawesline-up will have performed worse than the best Martin line-up, right? Right: the current starting five is a -3 over 30 minutes of play. Evans-Martin has beenbetter than Udrih-Evans, which tells me that a) Kevin Martin is better than Beno Udrih, which is obviously noncontroversial, and b) if Evans is so much morecomfortable as a two-guard, the difference is not enough to make up for the fact that Martin is so superior to any non-Evans Kings point guard.

So that's where we are, or rather where we will be come January, when Martin returns. The best Kings backcourt features Evans as a point guard. If youdon't believe he can do it, you will likely have January, February, March and April to convince everyone else. In the meantime, I suggest you pay attentionto just how much Evans continues to run the offense, and how good he can be in that role.

Word to this topic: http://niketalk.com/topic/216991?page=1

Tyreke is that dude.

K-Mart is
pimp.gif
and all, but I been reading that the Kings actually play better without him. Going back to last year as well.

Man Rockets got a steal with Trevor Ariza. Dude is an ALL-STAR imo if he keeps this up. 24+, 5,5,5 is sick..

JT with the career high tho
pimp.gif
. Spencer Hawes is a BUM
smh.gif
smh.gif
playing with no confidence.

just got back from the game...10 dollar tickets and sneaking down 6 rows from the center court ftw!

Yeah, 4 wins in a row. 5-4 is not bad at all right now. Same record as the Rockets actually.

Thompson won the battle against Scola and I hope he continues to be a double double monster.

A little surprised that Battier wasn't on Tyreke that much. I guess Ariza is good enough on D too.

Loving the energy and effort!

Need to go to a Kings game when I go back to Sac.

Back
Top Bottom