OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

yo how bout if the kings take a look at Von Wafer (puts flame suit on)?

I mean they signed pooh jeter and antonie wright

Originally Posted by proto onslaught

Originally Posted by Mister916

Farewell Brockness Monster
after all the promotion deals they had for him during the season
laugh.gif

any one have a brockness monster shirt?

I got two of em
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

F T-Mac, he didn't wanna join our squad last season. After being a fan of his for the longest that was a real slap to the face.
frown.gif

I'm a fan of Rasual Butler but I doubt we'll pick him up.

But the thing is, T-Mac never said no to the Kings. The original trade was between the Kings and Rockets only. However, the Knicks had a trade proposal for the Rockets as well and the Rockets some how turned it into a 3 team trade which at the end benefited themselves the most. The Rockets did what was best for themselves and the Kings got what they wanted at the end of the day, Landry.

Rasual Butler could help with his three-point shooting and he does play defense right? I know he got some blocks for me in fantasy. Haha.

I swore T-Macs agent said he did not want to come to Sacramento.

Isn't Landry a FA after this season? Hopefully he resigns with us.

T-Mac had no say where he wanted to go in that situation. The Rockets could have kept him on the bench and just let his contract expire. However, they turned that $23 million contract in to a lot of assets. But to be fair, I think T-Mac would have preferred New York over Sacramento.

Landry at $3 million is so cheap. I like his toughness and if the contract is right, I hope he re-signs as well.

i still regret that Tmac. deal. we gave up a %$%+ load of draft picks, and a guy in jordan hill who i think can actually succeed.

And, Landry is going to ask for some big money once that contract expires, which i believe is the reason why Morey decided to move him.

Originally Posted by BangDak

i still regret that Tmac. deal. we gave up a %$%+ load of draft picks, and a guy in jordan hill who i think can actually succeed.

And, Landry is going to ask for some big money once that contract expires, which i believe is the reason why Morey decided to move him.
You are like the only person on NT that actually thinks Hill will succeed. Everyone hates on him, especially that JA guy, but I guess he has that anti-Rockets stance because he's a Mavs fan. I think Hill will be a solid role player this coming season. I am concerned with his aggression on the court, poor rebounding for his size, and defense.

Morey chose Scola over Landry at the end of the day. I just hope Landry doesn't get that big contract Scola got on the Kings. The Kings need to be frugal until they actually are competitive enough to over spend to win a ring.

NICE SHIRT Mister916! I want one too!

Im not too worried with the new CBA coming up
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

You are like the only person on NT that actually thinks Hill will succeed.

Is that a good or bad thing?
laugh.gif
Haha. Depends if Hill works out or not I guess.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by TyrekeEvans

regarding the shirt, i found this on another site

http://aroyalpain.com/rekedmc-clothing/
Thanks a bunch!!!
Thank you as well!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Im not too worried with the new CBA coming up
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I haven't read too much on it because all I hear is a potential lock out and that is depressing. The new CBA should have an effect on the salary cap right? I just don't want the Kings to be any where near the cap until they are actual contenders.

[h1]Cousins eager to change doubters’ mind[/h1]
By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 49 minutes ago

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP)—DeMarcus Cousins(notes) has a favor to ask all the doubterswho questioned his maturity and his game before the NBA draft, then raved abouthis play during the Las Vegas Summer League: Take a side.

“Make up your mind,

Good point about the CBA. completely forgot.

I hope D. Cousins has a real successful career. Make every team that passed on him because of his mentality kick themselves in the $*@.

A lot of people are speculating the new CBA will have a "hard" salary cap, which would mean teams would NOT be able to go over the cap and pay luxury tax to keep players. For example, if the cap was 60 million and hard, the Heat would have some SERIOUS problems filling out their roster. They might have to cut some players who are currently under contract (joel anthony, mike miller) to get under the hard cap. That would leave the kings in a great position

^Hard cap would be crazy. Kobe and his $30mil a year will suck for the Lakers. But this is the NBA, so I think they will be ok.
grin.gif

[h1]Kings hire Cousins' former coach Hughley as assistant [/h1]

Posted Jul 29 2010 9:16PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- The Sacramento Kings have hired rookie center DeMarcus Cousins' high school coach as an assistant.

advertisement_160.gif

Coach Paul Westphal announced the hiring of Otis Hughley on Thursday.

Hughley coached at LeFlore High School in Mobile, Ala., for seven years. Cousins played there under Hughley before going to Kentucky for one year. The Kings drafted him fifth overall last month.

Hughley has previously served as a college assistant at Wright State, Liberty and Southern. He also has coached for the league's NBA China program and worked at Pete Newell's "Big Man Camp."

Back
Top Bottom