OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Let's seeeeeee

Holllinger picks the Blazers and Spurs to win their divisions, and finish 2-3 in the west. 

Who coulda predicted that? 
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

Let's seeeeeee

Holllinger picks the Blazers and Spurs to win their divisions, and finish 2-3 in the west. 

Who coulda predicted that? 
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

"I'm not quite ready to say Kobe's going to start slowing down, but if it happens, it wouldn't shock me.
Yep.
Steve Blake was a really solid pickup, and it wouldn't shock me if he wound up starting.
Agreed.
Derek Fishercontinues to regress, Artest has some mental lapses, an incident orgets suspended and Bynum misses half the year. In that case, someonelike Dallas beats them in the playoffs.
I know Laker fans won't want to hear this, but that scenario is not far-fetched at all. 2 out of the 3 is already happening..........

In all fairness, I think Blake is a great pick-up. He'll snatch Fisher's minutes with no prob (unless he somehow has problems learning the triangle).
Butyou have to be hesitant because of the history of this organization. Itseems like everything they do is backwards. And ultimately, as long as Baron Davisis arguably your best player, you're potentially in trouble. He doesn'tset a great example, he wears his emotions on his sleeve and he's shownin the past that if he's not happy, he'll tank it. No matter whatGriffin brings, if Baron sabotages the season, for whatever reason,they're in a world of hurt.
So true. I'd love to see the Clips turn it around. But they are the west coast version of the Knicks. $%*@!+ ownership and bad luck keeps them anchored to the cellar.

- I definitely love the Suns pickups: Josh, Hedo, and Hakim, mainly b/c of the system they will be playing in.

Btw, thanks a lot Pro for posting these articles.
pimp.gif

Still going through the team predcitions though....

"I'm not quite ready to say Kobe's going to start slowing down, but if it happens, it wouldn't shock me.
Yep.
Steve Blake was a really solid pickup, and it wouldn't shock me if he wound up starting.
Agreed.
Derek Fishercontinues to regress, Artest has some mental lapses, an incident orgets suspended and Bynum misses half the year. In that case, someonelike Dallas beats them in the playoffs.
I know Laker fans won't want to hear this, but that scenario is not far-fetched at all. 2 out of the 3 is already happening..........

In all fairness, I think Blake is a great pick-up. He'll snatch Fisher's minutes with no prob (unless he somehow has problems learning the triangle).
Butyou have to be hesitant because of the history of this organization. Itseems like everything they do is backwards. And ultimately, as long as Baron Davisis arguably your best player, you're potentially in trouble. He doesn'tset a great example, he wears his emotions on his sleeve and he's shownin the past that if he's not happy, he'll tank it. No matter whatGriffin brings, if Baron sabotages the season, for whatever reason,they're in a world of hurt.
So true. I'd love to see the Clips turn it around. But they are the west coast version of the Knicks. $%*@!+ ownership and bad luck keeps them anchored to the cellar.

- I definitely love the Suns pickups: Josh, Hedo, and Hakim, mainly b/c of the system they will be playing in.

Btw, thanks a lot Pro for posting these articles.
pimp.gif

Still going through the team predcitions though....

SHUGES wrote:
Derek Fisher continues to regress, Artest has some mental lapses, an incident or gets suspended and Bynum misses half the year. In that case, someone like Dallas beats them in the playoffs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we make the playoffs, Ron and Fish will be there.  And we have A TON  more latitude now with Ron then we did last year.  (Barnes)  There was no backup for Ron last year to help us out.  If he goes a little off this year, we have a very solid capable backup.  Call this, a luxury.  You could say the same for Fish and Blake, but if D-Fish in the playoffs is one of my big worries, then I guess I'm in good shape.

Bynum can sit half the year, fine by me, rather have him healthy April-June then October-January. 

Miller out til Jan huh?  Eddie House will need to step up for them then.  Stack won't stretch any D's enough (if they sign him).  They need a sharpshooter, not a volume shooter. 

Are we really 5 days away? 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

SHUGES wrote:
Derek Fisher continues to regress, Artest has some mental lapses, an incident or gets suspended and Bynum misses half the year. In that case, someone like Dallas beats them in the playoffs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we make the playoffs, Ron and Fish will be there.  And we have A TON  more latitude now with Ron then we did last year.  (Barnes)  There was no backup for Ron last year to help us out.  If he goes a little off this year, we have a very solid capable backup.  Call this, a luxury.  You could say the same for Fish and Blake, but if D-Fish in the playoffs is one of my big worries, then I guess I'm in good shape.

Bynum can sit half the year, fine by me, rather have him healthy April-June then October-January. 

Miller out til Jan huh?  Eddie House will need to step up for them then.  Stack won't stretch any D's enough (if they sign him).  They need a sharpshooter, not a volume shooter. 

Are we really 5 days away? 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I agree... that Mike Miller injury is pretty big for Mia. No other quality, PROVEN sharpshooter on the squad.

And wdf... how is the game canceled for tonight?!?!
laugh.gif

Oh well, I get to watch the Yankee game with no interruptions.

And CP, you may have missed the part where I actually commended LA on their signings....

I agree... that Mike Miller injury is pretty big for Mia. No other quality, PROVEN sharpshooter on the squad.

And wdf... how is the game canceled for tonight?!?!
laugh.gif

Oh well, I get to watch the Yankee game with no interruptions.

And CP, you may have missed the part where I actually commended LA on their signings....

Heard there was water on the floor for that MIA/ORLD game.  So no way they risk guys getting hurt in that situation. 

Naw, I saw you praisin Blake, no worries there.  He's ok, but imo, Barnes is the bigger signing. 

Heard there was water on the floor for that MIA/ORLD game.  So no way they risk guys getting hurt in that situation. 

Naw, I saw you praisin Blake, no worries there.  He's ok, but imo, Barnes is the bigger signing. 

They can get away with it, probably except for opening night and against the elite defensive teams.

When the defenses shade to Bron or Wade on one side and they skip pass to the other, I don't see many defenses either being quick enough on rotations or having enough size in the paint to slow them down. The ones that are capable (I don't think those teams are quick enough, either..but they have the size), they'll meet in late May/June and it will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

If Spoelstra has any clue and they're all healthy, that offense is going to be a nightmare to defend.

They can get away with it, probably except for opening night and against the elite defensive teams.

When the defenses shade to Bron or Wade on one side and they skip pass to the other, I don't see many defenses either being quick enough on rotations or having enough size in the paint to slow them down. The ones that are capable (I don't think those teams are quick enough, either..but they have the size), they'll meet in late May/June and it will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

If Spoelstra has any clue and they're all healthy, that offense is going to be a nightmare to defend.

Mike Finley might be able to help the Heat. Considering Miller's defense was never that good, old man Finley might be able to help 10-15 min a game. Is he still on the Celtics?

Mike Finley might be able to help the Heat. Considering Miller's defense was never that good, old man Finley might be able to help 10-15 min a game. Is he still on the Celtics?

Mike Finley is a non-factor at this point in his career.

He's not a sharpshooter like Miller, but Ime Udoka would be an okay fill-in. Another one of those guys that does the little things... hustles a ton. Maybe Jerry Stackhouse. He carved out a nice year with the Bucks last season. I dunno, just throwing out names.

Mike Finley is a non-factor at this point in his career.

He's not a sharpshooter like Miller, but Ime Udoka would be an okay fill-in. Another one of those guys that does the little things... hustles a ton. Maybe Jerry Stackhouse. He carved out a nice year with the Bucks last season. I dunno, just throwing out names.

Back
Top Bottom