OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Was going to say, the Bulls reminding anyone else of the Cavs?

Assistant coach with championship and defensive pedigree turned head coach. (given, Thibbs to this point is a much better version.)

Rose = LeBron. Mini-version.

Supporting cast similar, but better with Boozer. still, no real 2nd perimeter play to go get a bucket.

Just don't think they make it out the East this year. But not at all saying they ultimately suffer the same fate...they have a lot of room to grow and add a piece or 2. just saying for this year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

man idk aobut the bulls chances later on in the playoffs if they having trouble against the pacers
this
Championship teams have had trouble with 8th seeds before.

true I take it back .. Pacers are a good young team and came to play
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Assistant coach with championship and defensive pedigree turned head coach. (given, Thibbs to this point is a much better version.)

Supporting cast similar, but better with Boozer. still, no real 2nd perimeter play to go get a bucket.

Just don't think they make it out the East this year. But not at all saying they ultimately suffer the same fate...they have a lot of room to grow and add a piece or 2. just saying for this year.
I was just about to say that. Rose is having to do a whole lot, but difference is he's getting at least some support and people who aren't shrinking with a big stage (Mo Williams). And Thibs>>>>>>Mike Brown, and they actually run an offense and not have one guy at the top of the key dribbling out the shot clock for 20 seconds and then making a move.

Depending on who they get in the next round and if Boston/Miami goes the distance, they have as good a chance as anyone of coming out of the East.

Indiana's poor play at the end of the first half after Collison got hurt killed their chances. 2 straight Price TOs and it was a bad end to a great half.

I was vacilating between the bulls and lakers and the heat and Lakers. Now I'm picking Heat lakers. The Blueprint to beat the Bulls has been exposed, they always have 1 or t2 people on the court that can't shoot a lick on the court at all time, if the Heat put Lebron and Wade on Rose they can neutralize him in the same way the Pacers just did.

I'll take heat in 6, and heat in 6 to beat the lakers.

Bill Walton wrote:
Derrick Rose reminds me of an Australian Dingo, free-roaming the vast outback as he stands atop the NBA food chain as an apex predator.
39 minutes ago via web

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this bulls and pacer series is the most entertaining so far. bulls alway put up a good and entertaining game every year in the playoffs, let c how far they can go this year.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Bill Walton wrote:
Derrick Rose reminds me of an Australian Dingo, free-roaming the vast outback as he stands atop the NBA food chain as an apex predator.
39 minutes ago via web
indifferent.gif
 walton

While I think the Bulls are a better team then the way they are playing, can't see them getting out of the East this year. Cavs thing is right on, I would have thought from watching the Cavs these past few years people would have come to the conclusion that W-L records in the regular season means nothing. There is really no difference between a 58 win team and 54 win team. That is why the MVP is a bogus award to me, I never took the Bulls as serious contenders.

And for as great offensively as he was down the stretch, Rose made some bad plays on D (not steping on the Price 3, then fouling him). Still think they manage to get past the Magic/Hawks but can't see them beating the Heat/Celtics.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Yes.
Which is why I don't see them making it to the NBA Finals. I just never understood why they didn't bring in another perimeter scorer at the deadline. Them not giving up some of the guys they had to give up reminds me of Cleveland not wanting to trade Hickson. 
laugh.gif

I'm not talking about the Noah for Melo deal, but guys like Asik, Korver, Taj or even Brewer could've been traded to bring in a better player on the perimeter. IMO, they could afford to trade 2 of those 4 to get the SG of their choice. I know they was trying to give Memphis Brewer and a 1st for OJ and that wasn't cutting it. 

Its obvious that they were afraid of messing up team chemistry, but this was not going to be some Orlando Magic "change the whole roster" type of move. I think they were also afraid of positioning in the playoffs and wanted to give themselves the best chance to win by getting the #1 overall seed. If they made that trade, there's no telling if they still would've got the #1 seed or not. 

Back
Top Bottom