OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Dog.
Explosive vertically... maybe..................... but thats about it
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
no, not even. there really is nothing.
laugh.gif

I tried man, I tried
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Steph is my favorite player in the league...but that drastically changes OKC's entire defensive scheme.

This is being WAY overblown right now.

KD and Russ are fine.
Like it it just more or do people forget this team is up 3-1?  Russy played horrible and tried to go nut.  It's one game.  They are more than fine
laugh.gif

While Russy can get ahead of himself and shoots too many outside jumpers, I think people are making a big deal out of a minor issue.

I don't see this happening throughout the playoffs

Westbrook shooting 30 last night is way overblown. People also forget how good he is. People calling him the "2nd option" is a subtle shot at him (yes Durant is the man, but Russ is a star too). He wont be taking 30 in a game regularly. And 30 shots or not, he didnt have a terrible game yesterday.

I shouldve been on ESPN to tell everybody about the Grizz at the beginning of the season. Lol, this is hilarious.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

While Russy can get ahead of himself and shoots too many outside jumpers, I think people are making a big deal out of a minor issue.

Every time I turn on a OKC game, I see it happening though.... maybe I just got bad timing
laugh.gif

Every time I turn on a OKC game, I see it happening though.... maybe I just got bad timing
laugh.gif

Exactly. 
Just imagine whats going to happen when they play a defense that doesn't give up a bunch of points. 

I think P_MATIC brought it up a while back about how Westbrook and Durant seem to be playing for themselves at times. The same issue people always thought OJ and Rudy had is the same thing thats going on here. The main difference is that Westbrook has more control of the game since he's the PG. 

I do think they will get it together, but I don't expect it to happen as quickly as some think. Westbrook has been like the entire season for the most part and he thinks he can take over a game. He does sometime, but he's not the "man". Sometimes I think people are more blind to seeing the how flashy their team is and completely forgets what it takes to win in this league. They have what it takes, but it seems like they still lack the right kinda leadership. The same thing we lacked before bringing in Zbo, Tony and Battier. Perkins has too much of a on court problem complaining and trying to fight rather than just calming the troops down. Maybe its Brooks. If he has any balls, he will make sure Westbrook gets it and tell him like it is that this is not his team. 

He trying to get that big extension tho'
laugh.gif

i actually think this can be a very good thing (especially with us being up 3-1).. hopefully russ learns from the experience and is less reluctant to go into hero mood and trusts his teammates more

alot of ppl are using this 1 game to blow the situation out of proportion (yes it happens during other games.. but this was a problem throughout)..

considering how poorly we played as a team, we only lost by 3 and had chances to tie in the end

also our team seemed lackadaisical during parts of the 1st half.. so maybe russ felt the need to try and take over

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

Exactly. 
Just imagine whats going to happen when they play a defense that doesn't give up a bunch of points. 

Why not just say "I can't wait for Memphis to play them so I can laugh at S&T once again?"

laugh.gif

/\ Seriously.

This "blow up" happened during a game where they were trying to sweep a team that everyone was so "scared" of going into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by dland24

Westbrook shooting 30 last night is way overblown. People also forget how good he is. People calling him the "2nd option" is a subtle shot at him (yes Durant is the man, but Russ is a star too). He wont be taking 30 in a game regularly. And 30 shots or not, he didnt have a terrible game yesterday.

It's not a "subtle shot". 
laugh.gif
 He IS the 2nd option. 

Memphis/OKC and Boston/Miami are both going to be incredible matchups on NT. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm hyped for both of them. 

How is being called the 2nd option a "subtle shot"? Sure, he's an all-star... but you're a PG... and playing alongside the best scorer in the league. You sure as hell aren't the first option as long as Durant is on the court with you.

He did have a terrible game yesterday; it was ugly to watch and is an ugly stat line to look at. Durant was 6/10 (I think) in the 2nd half last night; there was no reason to not be giving him the ball, especially at the end of the game.

^ the worst thing about the stat line from last night was durant was 5/6 on 3s.. and when you consider what we needed in the end, he should have gotten the ball

also it bothered me that durant didn't get the ball EVERY time the nuggets had a smaller player on him (or when a big man would switch)

laugh.gif
 He IS the 2nd option. 

It is though.  People (especially in here) have been referring to him as a 2nd option with a negative connotation.  Yes, Durant is the guy.  But Russ is a star as well.  If they had won the game, I guarantee you there is not the same reaction on here.  It makes me wonder if NT had been around in the past, and if Scottie took more shots than Michael in a game, would NT have reacted the same way? 

If Scottie took more shots than Mike in a game you can bet your $!+ he would have let Scottie know how he felt about it with alot more sternness than KD did last night.

If Scottie took more shots than Mike in a game you can bet your $!+ he would have let Scottie know how he felt about it with alot more sternness than KD did last night.
That's ALL I'm saying. The fact that he's not going to step up (or for what I know he hasn't) its going to continue.
Either KD or Brooks are going to have grow some balls and just say something. You never see KD barking at his teammates like Westbrook does when someone messes up either. Its like Westbrook is the leader of the team, but KD is the no.1 option. 

This what may separate KD from other superstars in the league. You know most superstars in the league that want to win won't be having that. I'm sure Westbrook will understand too. Just man up and tell him. Maybe that's what KD was trying to tell him in the huddle and Westbrook said "F it" 
laugh.gif

I think somebody on ESPN said that Wade and Lebron may have the same problem. Both guys are too "buddy buddy" to call each other out. You know damn well Wade wants to say something about Lebron taking the last shots.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 He IS the 2nd option. 

It is though.  People (especially in here) have been referring to him as a 2nd option with a negative connotation.  Yes, Durant is the guy.  But Russ is a star as well.  If they had won the game, I guarantee you there is not the same reaction on here.  It makes me wonder if NT had been around in the past, and if Scottie took more shots than Michael in a game, would NT have reacted the same way? 
Of course if there's a different outcome there's going to be a different reaction from people. I'll guarantee that, too.

If Scottie took 12 more shots than Michael, made only 4 more, had the ball with 15 seconds down 3 points, then shot the potential game tieing shot, airballed it while Mike was standing in the corner, and the Bulls lost, NT would've crashed for days.

I think this is getting a bit overblown but at the same time, the Thunder will need to address their late game offense.

Brooks is a good coach, but his late game adjustments on offense leave a lot to be desired. He either calls for Westbrook isos, Durant isos or Durant coming off a screen. Too many times Durant settles for 25 footers if he can't come off the pin down screen with a clean look. Westbrook going iso is predictable and relatively easy to defend.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That's ALL I'm saying. The fact that he's not going to step up (or for what I know he hasn't) its going to continue.
Either KD or Brooks are going to have grow some balls and just say something. You never see KD barking at his teammates like Westbrook does when someone messes up either. Its like Westbrook is the leader of the team, but KD is the no.1 option. 

This what may separate KD from other superstars in the league. You know most superstars in the league that want to win won't be having that. I'm sure Westbrook will understand too. Just man up and tell him. Maybe that's what KD was trying to tell him in the huddle and Westbrook said "F it" 
laugh.gif
i just think they are different types of dudes.. KD is more duncan, in-house quiet actions louder than words type.. where as russell is an emotional dude

considering how KD lead that world championship team, i have no doubts about KD's leadership skills.. he's just not what we are accustomed to seeing

So wouldnt this be more a reflection of KD and coaching than Westbrook not knowing his role?  I think we are splitting hairs at this point, because I do agree with a lot of you guys.  I just think that Russy is a star too and can take over games too.  When he is having an off night and still jacking up shots, dont you think the responsibility lies in the coach to tell him to drive or pass more?  Thats all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom