OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Two questions.

Who's likely to come back sooner, Haslem or Caron?

Who's more likely to impact their team, Haslem or Caron?

I kind of think Haslem will have more of an impact, but Caron will come back first (if the Mavericks advance).

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Two questions.

I kind of think Haslem will have more of an impact, but Caron will come back first (if the Mavericks advance).
Has it officially been stated that he will return (Caron) in the second round?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Depends how healthy they are. A 100% Caron will have a bigger impact than a 100% Haslem. No one wants to see JET as the consistent #2 option on the Mavs.
No, definitely not.

But, I don't think if Caron comes back early as he wants to, he'll be 100%. I don't expect a 100% Caron at any time this season. Next season sure, but he's not under contract for the Mavs this season.

Has it officially been stated that he will return (Caron) in the second round?

Nope. That's his goal, though.

I would guess ~G4 of the second round. Of course, that may and probably will be too little too late.

We have to get out the first round first, though.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

But hey, I already mentioned that he could help the Grizz still earlier. 
Judging by that record, you don't think they were improving before he got hurt? I mean its silly to say that if he wasn't there and the team played bad it would be because Rudy was not there. Now, that the team is having success its because they don't have Rudy. Your replacing Rudy with freaking Sam Young in the starting lineup.....
laugh.gif
And Mike Conley got him a nice contract in the beginning of the season and then settled down too. I don't pick parts of the season and make assumptions like that. Big picture for me for the most part. The team did improve during that stretch, but it wasn't like Gay turned it up another notch. More like someone else finally got some PT and Randolph was starting his Love revenge tour. 
laugh.gif

And we all know it is never as simple as just who is replacing Gay as the starter. The team's offensive efficiency actually went up with Gay out. Defense dropped tho. Overall efficiency increased, while FGAs were the same. Gay's scoring was replaced and improved, but his defense was missed. 
laugh.gif

But I will repeat, Gay can help the Grizz. Not like I am chewing him out like he is a negative. I am just not surprised that the Grizz has patched up the supposedly big hole with Gay out so easily.
laugh.gif
Conley is still basically doing the same thing he did at the beginning of the season tho' 
laugh.gif
. He's showing you in the playoffs right now why he got his deal and he's making just $6mil next season. He averaged 15, 6 and 3 at the beginning of the season. He's averaging 14, 7 and 5 in the playoffs and playing great defense on Tony Parker in which people don't want to admit. They would much rather say Parker just isn't playing good.
Another thing to take note on...Gay and Tony Allen didn't see very much time on the court together. When Rudy was playing, Sam Young was the guy inserted into the starting lineup. I know that its not that simple with replacing Rudy, but that's when you implement new plays. The team isn't going to run the same plays with Rudy out and will perform quite differently. The team didn't even rely on Marc Gasol as much as they are now during the season when Rudy was out. Tony Allen had a stretch of averaging like 15ppg during the season. 

Someone HAS to shoot the ball when your missing 14-15 shots a game from another guy. Will the team be the best team in the league with Rudy Gay? No. 
laugh.gif
 But, would they be tougher to stop being that the Grizz lack perimeter scoring. We lost a 6'9 forward who scores 20ppg, shooting 48% from the field and 40% from downtown. Its kinda like saying since New Orleans is making it hard on LAL, they are better without David West.   

In the NBA, you need a closer and a bail out guy. Rudy is that guy.We still have guys like Battier, OJ and Zbo that can hit big shots, but I'm not nearly as comfortable with them taking a last second shot over Rudy. For the most part, no knowledgeable Grizz fan agrees with the notion that the team is better or would be the same without him. But, like I said its a blessing in disguise. Tony would never be the starting SG if Rudy got hurt. Now, when next season starts they have Tony at SG and Rudy at SF rather than Sam at SG and Rudy at SF. The teams identity started to form right before Rudy was hurt and now its in full effect. So, I guess we will never know the real results til' next season. 
laugh.gif

Why I keep hearing its more of the decline of the Spurs (who won 60+ games and played like the Spurs of old in the regular season) rather than the rise of the Grizz?

Originally Posted by Proshares

I clearly remember him doing good against Hayes and Yao, S-Jax - Harrington - Biedrins and decent against Duncan and Oberto. That was 07.

08 he did work against Houston again and did OK against Pau in LA. Did pretty good work on your boys in 09 besides Game 5 but remember old man EVERYONE was cold that game for Utah
laugh.gif

You forget that was when Okur was still healthily jacking up everything he touched and AK was trying to show everyone he was still useful and jacking up shots.

Boozer was just as much there as Deron. Plus, he was/is a great rebounder in those playoff series.
08, 16 and 12 on 40% shooting, from a PF? 
ohwell.gif
  And he had 1 really really good game, 27 and 20 to help offset those numbers you see.  Take out that game, and how his series look to you?  
nerd.gif

He did play better in 09 numbers wise, other then the final game.  20 and 13, 52%

10 he went for 15 and 13 on 44% He also shot damn near no free throws in the series, as in, jumpers all day from your Power Forward baby. 
laugh.gif

This year so far he's at 12 and 11 a game, under 40%. 

He gets his boards, but as a #2 he hasn't been good, or great or whatever Hollinger called him.  I watched him 3 years in a row struggle vs us as he tried to high arc shots over Pau the whole series.  Probably why he had so many chances for rebounds. 
laugh.gif

Like I said, case where the stats don't tell the whole story on a guy. 

Two questions.

heattv_bigger.JPG
ByTimReynolds
[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color]Your Udonis Haslem update: "My time is coming. I just don't know when. But it's coming."

[font='Lucida Grande', sans-serif]about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', sans-serif]
[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', sans-serif]http://www.tweetdeck.com/What that means of course? Who knows .... but He's been working incredibly hard at his rehab and feels good to go. I fully expect to see him in the second round at some point! I personally feel that Caron may actually have a greater impact then Haslem for the simple fact that he was actually actually involved with the team when they were playing well and "gel'ing" per say. UD never really got a chance to evolve with this new team in Miami as of yet.
[/font]

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
I feel you tho at the end of day. Will that make you stop writing so much?

And you wonder why I never go in the Grizz threads. I make one slight jab and bam, you come back with the uppercut x infinity.
laugh.gif

Carlos has been down all year, certainly doesn't look like the same guy he was with the Jazz, some of it it think is attributable to going from a natural pick and roll point guard in Deron Williams to a more isolation based Rose.

Among all playoff teams, Dallas is third in true shooting percentage and tied for first in offensive efficiency. Monday night, when the Mavs' outside shots finally missed their mark, they still destroyed Portland because they grabbed every rebound. Tyson Chandler's 13 offensive boards were the most in a playoff game in 16 years, allowing Dallas to overcome its uncharacteristic 3-of-17 3-point shooting.

pimp.gif

Just need to stop turning the ball over and get to the line more.
pimp.gif

who is 1st and 2nd in true shooting?

and who are they tied with for 1st with for offensive efficiency?

If there's any team in the NBA that will fight back from a deficit, it's definitely not the Hawks.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Carlos has been down all year, certainly doesn't look like the same guy he was with the Jazz, some of it it think is attributable to going from a natural pick and roll point guard in Deron Williams to a more isolation based Rose.

I think his hand is still playing a bit of a factor.

And like I said CP, when you have a chucker in Okur and a major shot clock eater like AK was in those years it makes it harder for you to put up your normal #'s.  Especially in the playoffs when benches don't play like they do in the regular season.  Boozer has always been a jump shooting PF, nothing new in that sense.  He could play inside but he does work outside as well.

And hes a terrible offensive rebounder for the most part
laugh.gif

Kobe looked like he had trouble walking in to the arena just now. Dragging that whole damn leg.

Going to be interesting to see him try to go.

damn barkley hatin on kobe's injury. i think greg anthony is correct on this one. by the way why they make webber go back to nba tv? they shoulda let him stay the whole week

also wouldnt it be crazy to see the franchise that drafted kobe deny him his last chance at a title and 3 peat by eliminating him?

Back
Top Bottom