OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ariza is still really vital to this team. He just needs to stop shooting so much. I sometimes wonder what he does in between games, because it can't be working on his offensive weaknesses.

The blame isn't all his, though. Chris and Monty have to recognize that nothing good comes out of him having the ball in his hands for too long, because he can't really dribble, either. Find ways to avoid it.

It's time to move Thornton into the starting lineup for Belinelli and see how that works.
Ariza is just terrible. And while he may be an above averagedefender, there is no way that makes up for just how unspeakably bad he is onoffense. Just about every metric shows he (and Belinelli to a lesserextent) have been a drain on the team, and played worse than areplacement player would (basically a 12th man).

Ariza just doesn't fitwith the offense run by NO (or any offense for that matter). Watching them, they'rebasically a pick and roll team, and once Paul beats his man off thepick, the natural advantage becomes a 5 on 4. But the thing is, itisn't an advantage at all because Ariza can't shoot off the kick out, midrange or otherwise, andcan't dribble off the fake with a defender running at him.

To put things into perspective, if you go by the metric"value added," (estimate of the number of points a player adds to theteam's season total above a 'replacement player') a replacement player would be valued at 10.5 points. Paul has been valued at 262. Belinelli is measured at -0.1. And somehow, Ariza has managed to be valued at -11.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ariza is still really vital to this team. He just needs to stop shooting so much. I sometimes wonder what he does in between games, because it can't be working on his offensive weaknesses.

The blame isn't all his, though. Chris and Monty have to recognize that nothing good comes out of him having the ball in his hands for too long, because he can't really dribble, either. Find ways to avoid it.

It's time to move Thornton into the starting lineup for Belinelli and see how that works.
Ariza is just terrible. And while he may be an above averagedefender, there is no way that makes up for just how unspeakably bad he is onoffense. Just about every metric shows he (and Belinelli to a lesserextent) have been a drain on the team, and played worse than areplacement player would (basically a 12th man).

Ariza just doesn't fitwith the offense run by NO (or any offense for that matter). Watching them, they'rebasically a pick and roll team, and once Paul beats his man off thepick, the natural advantage becomes a 5 on 4. But the thing is, itisn't an advantage at all because Ariza can't shoot off the kick out, midrange or otherwise, andcan't dribble off the fake with a defender running at him.

To put things into perspective, if you go by the metric"value added," (estimate of the number of points a player adds to theteam's season total above a 'replacement player') a replacement player would be valued at 10.5 points. Paul has been valued at 262. Belinelli is measured at -0.1. And somehow, Ariza has managed to be valued at -11.

i think Vince Carter just got injured again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn, I didn't even know there were a bunch of early games today.
Yeah me too I looked at my NBA Gametime app and saw a couple of games with final scores.

I wonder how many NBA players go all out for new years

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn, I didn't even know there were a bunch of early games today.
Yeah me too I looked at my NBA Gametime app and saw a couple of games with final scores.

I wonder how many NBA players go all out for new years

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif

I dunno...I wonder how long it'll take geniuses to figure out that VC has played 75 games or more every year since 04, and 73 in 03 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I dunno...I wonder how long it'll take geniuses to figure out that VC has played 75 games or more every year since 04, and 73 in 03 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

grin.gif
It's not a matter of missing games, it's leaving games early for minor things.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

grin.gif
It's not a matter of missing games, it's leaving games early for minor things.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Evan Turner is so overrated
roll.gif
Biggest bust of the year
How you gonna say he's overrated when he hasn't even played 1 full season yet? So quick to jump to conclusions.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Evan Turner is so overrated
roll.gif
Biggest bust of the year
How you gonna say he's overrated when he hasn't even played 1 full season yet? So quick to jump to conclusions.

^ Very true. But what do you expect in a 24/7 all sports all the time nation like we are now... absolutely zero patience.

^ Very true. But what do you expect in a 24/7 all sports all the time nation like we are now... absolutely zero patience.

Back
Top Bottom