OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Exactly my point, stop blowing on me with numbers this and numbers that. 

You have the best player or players in the game, you will win the game.  You can do all the number crunching you want, that ain't gonna win when it matters.  Period. 

I've yet to see a single player win a game with a laptop in his arm tellin him where to shoot and when and how and when to pass etc etc.  When that day happens, then I'll believe in this numbers garbage everybody so excited about. 
We're living in an age of PER's and 's and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

For better or for worse

You have the best player or players in the game, you will win the game.  You can do all the number crunching you want, that ain't gonna win when it matters.  Period. 

I've yet to see a single player win a game with a laptop in his arm tellin him where to shoot and when and how and when to pass etc etc.  When that day happens, then I'll believe in this numbers garbage everybody so excited about. 
We're living in an age of PER's and 's and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

For better or for worse

I know that, it don't even bother me anymore, but I love laughing at Morey and Pritchard being so "vocal" about it, along with Billie Beane in baseball and the 3 of them have won a collective nothing.  Yet, everyone keeps buying in. 
ohwell.gif

Like I said, Buford was a genius hurting David Robinson for the season and landing Duncan, Presti was brilliant taking Durant #2.  *shrugs*

I know that, it don't even bother me anymore, but I love laughing at Morey and Pritchard being so "vocal" about it, along with Billie Beane in baseball and the 3 of them have won a collective nothing.  Yet, everyone keeps buying in. 
ohwell.gif

Like I said, Buford was a genius hurting David Robinson for the season and landing Duncan, Presti was brilliant taking Durant #2.  *shrugs*

Because the best player in the game have tatoos on their foreheads telling you they are the best players in the game. The whole point is trying to figure out who the best players are.

Because the best player in the game have tatoos on their foreheads telling you they are the best players in the game. The whole point is trying to figure out who the best players are.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Does CP actually think Morey only considers advanced stats when valuing a player? Dude just traded for Thabeet.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Good point. 

Does CP actually think Morey only considers advanced stats when valuing a player? Dude just traded for Thabeet.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Good point. 

You need more luck than numbers at the end of the day. Money helps a lot too.

Ok this moronic line of reasoning is getting on my nerves.

A LARGE PORTION of our lives are governed by luck, from the opportunities we take, the timing and the ability to take them and the ability to recognize moments as such. Does that mean that YOU should stop trying to maximize your own output in life? Under this bizare set of logic Micheal Jordan should have just been a janitor becuase it's more luck than anything in becoming an NBA player let alone one of the greatest or Bill Gates should have just put away the computer because oh @%@$ it requires a lot of luck to start a successful company.

Obviously winning an NBA championship requires luck, we also don;t need your brilliant analysis to know that "money helps too" and of course we know CP you  1 probabaly 2 great players that unless you're LA, BOS, NY, MIA you're probably going to have to draft which requires even more luck.

None of that is an argument against trying to find new ways to figure out who the best players are and what type of players are undervalued which are the goals of any statistical analysis.

So PLEASE enough with oh you need great players to win a championship numbers don't matter, because it's obvious and it's not even an argument and almost every team in the NBA employ somebody to it for them some emphasize it more than others but almost all of them have some number crunchers somewhere in the front office. 

A LARGE PORTION of our lives are governed by luck, from the opportunities we take, the timing and the ability to take them and the ability to recognize moments as such. Does that mean that YOU should stop trying to maximize your own output in life? Under this bizare set of logic Micheal Jordan should have just been a janitor becuase it's more luck than anything in becoming an NBA player let alone one of the greatest or Bill Gates should have just put away the computer because oh @%@$ it requires a lot of luck to start a successful company.

Obviously winning an NBA championship requires luck, we also don;t need your brilliant analysis to know that "money helps too" and of course we know CP you  1 probabaly 2 great players that unless you're LA, BOS, NY, MIA you're probably going to have to draft which requires even more luck.

None of that is an argument against trying to find new ways to figure out who the best players are and what type of players are undervalued which are the goals of any statistical analysis.

So PLEASE enough with oh you need great players to win a championship numbers don't matter, because it's obvious and it's not even an argument and almost every team in the NBA employ somebody to it for them some emphasize it more than others but almost all of them have some number crunchers somewhere in the front office. 

ohwell.gif

Durant was a no-brainer. However, the flexibility Presti gave that team through trades and knowledge of the salary cap cannot be emphasized enough.

ohwell.gif

Durant was a no-brainer. However, the flexibility Presti gave that team through trades and knowledge of the salary cap cannot be emphasized enough.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Thanks for agreeing with me, bruh. I don't know why you wasted time writing all that really. Please learn to read more than one post before you go drunk writing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Thanks for agreeing with me, bruh. I don't know why you wasted time writing all that really. Please learn to read more than one post before you go drunk writing.
laugh.gif

*really praying for that OKC/MEM matchup now that they have Perkins*
pimp.gif
 with Rasheed possibly coming back to the Celtics.

*really praying for that OKC/MEM matchup now that they have Perkins*
pimp.gif
 with Rasheed possibly coming back to the Celtics.

Back
Top Bottom