Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

First time i make a thread regarding a playoff series, but here I go..........Anyways game 1 is tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. on ABC.  The well deserved celtics take on the very well rested magic in orlando. Seems like this is gonna be a series that will go down as very physical, low point scoring and just a very good chess match between SVG and Doc. 
Although many of us would've expected cleveland over boston to face the magic, I'm very much excited to see the magic take them on again being that many celts fans discount the fact that although orlando beat boston in 7 last year, it just wasn't impressive enough being that KG was not available. Anyways I feel as if it's Orlando's year and i see the magic winning the series in 6.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I don't not want to see another Celtics Lakers final. ESPN would have a Slurpfest. Go Magic
Very true. I'd like to see a finals rematch between magic and lakers. It'll be the first time since 1998 (bulls-jazz) that the same 2 teams meet for consecutive years.

I will NOT bet against the Celtics again in these playoffs. I learned my lesson.

i think the magic win this in 5.. orlando wont get bogged down in a half court battle with the celtics like cleveland did.. i think orlando is gonna run the celts into ground

Both teams playing great... Should be a good series.

Boston has a slight advantage in the fact that they've played in some close games this playoffs & experienced some losses. They know how to adjust to teams now... As opposed to Orlando cruising. Still pulling for Orlando though.

Originally Posted by n1rb

i think the magic win this in 5.. orlando wont get bogged down in a half court battle with the celtics like cleveland did.. i think orlando is gonna run the celts into ground
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Here we go again. These are carbon copies of what dudes were saying about the Cavs/Celts series. "Cavs will run them into the ground"

Looking forward to this series, KG has regained his form. I don't see Rashard holding him on D, another average defender like Jamison.

Boston Celtics steal Game 1 and win this series in 6 or 7. They are on a mission. Rematch of the 2008 Finals
pimp.gif

As I said in the other thread...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Any arguments about the Cavs being old and washed up should be ignored considering how great they played the last two games against Cleveland.

Granted, Lebron and co. seemed to mail in the performance and effectively gave up, but that shouldn't mean the Celtics didn't play great defense and come together.

Questions for the series, can Rondo control the game against Jameer and Orlando's guards like he did against Cleveland? Is Rashard a defensive improvement over Jamison or will Garnett have his way down low? How will Dwight handle his foul trouble and get into an offensive groove with one of the best post defenders down low? But on the flip side, if Perkins gets into foul trouble who is going to put a body on Dwight? Sheed? Sheldon Williams? KG?

I'm saying Magic in 6. They showed they could win in Boston when it counts last year and I know Garnett wasn't there, but neither was Jameer and he's crucial to their success. If I were the Celtics I'd be concerned about Paul Pierce, he's going to have to show up and they'd need him to close games. If Ray or KG go silent, who can handle the scoring load with PP playing like he is. I think Orlando has too many scorers, too deep, and they're a year wiser and want to get back to the Finals. Going 7 games wouldn't be a surprise, but I think Orlando can do it in 6.
Still feel the same way, but there's definitely some nerves in talking to my friends who are all Magic fans after how great Boston looked last series, Boston's confidence is sky high and they're playing great (outside of Paul Pierce)

Both teams do have a tendency to get a big lead then let teams slowly creep back into the game, so we'll see who can withstand the 4th quarter push and hold a lead. 

I hope we can pull it out and get back to the Finals. I'd love to go to Orlando to catch a game in the Finals since I couldn't last year.

i have seen a lot of dwight's blocks but does anyone think he sometimes gets away with goaltending? some really look unreal. just the way he slaps the ball in mid air.
ohwell.gif

I've watched majority of the Magic games all season, and he has his fair share of goaltend calls. He'll get away with them sometimes, but he also gets called on them so I never notice a huge advantage in his favor. Besides, considering the refs dislike him, I can't imagine they're giving him a lot of calls his way.

I just want to see how the Celtics handle Orlando's perimeter. I know Rondo will break the defense down and I see D12 getting into early foul trouble.

I'm actually pulling for the Magic to win the series but I see the celtics beating them out. It should be a good series tho.

Back
Top Bottom