Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

It's interesting for the Lakers. I understand now that they want to avenge the 08 Finals, but I just think they match up better with Orlando than they do Boston. My personal feeling is that the key to stopping LA is neutralizing their bigs and Perkins and KG are probably the best defensive frontcourt tandem in the league. Pretty sure Gasol would go to work on Rashard. And that's assuming they get by Phx: which I don't think is close to a certainty. Just talking hypotheticals.

I see a lot of close games in this series and I feel more comfortable with Pierce, Ray, Rondo, and KG in the clutch than I would with Meer(because of Rondo's d), Vince, and Rashard.

after some injuries and finishing just 3rd in the east, the celtics seem to have recovered their championship form.
ohwell.gif

still bitter after lebron's exit 
laugh.gif

Damn its been awhile since i've been nervous on my team's behalf 
laugh.gif
 I'm anxious to get this series started. I do feel as if it will hurt the magic being that they haven't faced adversity thru the first 2 rounds. 

i hate it when people pull out the "havent been tested" card

i mean this is such utter bull, even if Magic arent tested we gave the most royal beatdown in playoff history +101 and that shows our hunger and we're definitely hungrier than any team left

I want to say Magic in 7, but VC needs to come up big when they need him. The Magic shouldn't worry about going for blowouts early. Plus, I think the Magic bench is the key to this series. Hopefully, Bass can gets some time against Big Baby.

^^^ I completely agree regarding bassy. Otis signed him to a 4 year deal for games like this. Ryan anderson got a nice J but celts are physical and got big bodies. Hopefully SVG gives bass the playing time he deserves. The dude is a beast

Lots of people rooting against the C's per usual.

I think celts with this series in 6, can def see them losing game 1.

Celtics D is much more solid than Orlando's and they won't be getting those wide open 3s that the hawks and the bobcats gave up. Plus aside from DH vs Perkins the Celtics have the advantage at every matchup. Don't even get me started on comparing the benches. Celtics bench is IMO the best in the league possibly the Lakers have one that is just as solid when Lamar and Shannon Brown show up. Watch for Tony Allen on defense, guy doesnt even let his man catch the ball without being right in his space.

Lets go C's, need a big effort today.

I originally chose boston to win this in 6, but I think the Magic may be tougher than i thought. It doesn't matter to me who wins tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Celtics D is much more solid than Orlando's and they won't be getting those wide open 3s that the hawks and the bobcats gave up. Plus aside from DH vs Perkins the Celtics have the advantage at every matchup. Don't even get me started on comparing the benches. Celtics bench is IMO the best in the league possibly the Lakers have one that is just as solid when Lamar and Shannon Brown show up. Watch for Tony Allen on defense, guy doesnt even let his man catch the ball without being right in his space.

lots of fail here

Orlando has had the best defense in the reg season and playoffs by far and also the number 1 offensive team in PO and #2 in reg season

you think you have the advantage at every matchup?? i could say that jameer has been playing out of this world and has the highest PER of any player left in the PO's, VC is bigger and stronger for ray allen to handle and a tag team of pietrus and barnes has the ability to slow down pierce while putting up 18 ppg, lewis can draw out kg and he is alot faster than him

dont get me started on the bench man.....i mean really? out of your whole post this one doesnt make sense to me......all season the magic are regarded to have the best bench and we cant even make room for brandon bass to get some minutes

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i hate it when people pull out the "havent been tested" card

i mean this is such utter bull, even if Magic arent tested we gave the most royal beatdown in playoff history +101 and that shows our hunger and we're definitely hungrier than any team left
laugh.gif
So the Magic are "definitely hungrier" than the Suns, Celts, and Lakers?

Some of you should avoid the sports forum. Seriously, everyday it's a new dumb quote of the day.

The Celtics defense is definitely great, but are they quick enough to cover the extra passes around the perimeter?  Lebron likes to drive the lane and the Celtics were waiting to collapse on him, but the Magic live on the outside and KG will have to stay close to Rashard otherwise that's an easy 3, the Celtics D will have to adjust.  I trust that they will, but the Cavs offense played into the Celtics strength on defense.

And you're flatout wrong if you say the Celtics bench is better than Orlando's.  Nate Rob, Daniels, Allen, Big Baby, and Sheed are better than J-Will, JJ, Pietrus, Bass/Anderson, and Gortat?  Please.. Sheed wouldn't bang down low if his life depended on it, who plays big inside if Perkins is on the bench, Tony Allen came up big last series but he was so tired he had to be taken out of the game, you expect him to give you 15 points off the bench every game? Who else scores in double figures off the bench, Uno Uno?

I'm not trying to criticize the Celtics, sky high confidence, playing the best basketball all season, and one of the best 1-5 in the league.  But EVERYONE would pick the Magic's bench over the Celtics.

Orlando's D has been better numbers wise in the playoffs, but they didn't deal with Dwyane and Lebron. Boston just 2 Points per 100 possessions behind Orlando. The defenses are close, but I give the edge to boston.

And you can talk about that garbage PER stat all you want, but please try not to use it to say that Nelson is better than Rondo. Orlando's bench is better, but playoff benches don't matter as much as the regular season. You're rolling with your starters for major minutes.

We'll know pretty early how the KG/Rashard matchup is going to go. If KG can dominate him like he did to Jamison(which he didn't during the regular season), then Boston has a great shot to win.

I'm most worried about Perk's knee. We need him at the highest of levels to contain Dwight like he normally does. And to also be able to finish his attempts close to the rim for when Dwight collapses on drivers.

^^ You state that the benches are not as important in the postseason as they are in the regular season, but when it comes down to it it plays an important part regardless of what others think. Boston's bench is of course nowhere near as efficient as orlando's. Although it has been said that age is nothing but a number, it's evident that boston's age shows unlike the magic who are much younger and can get up and down the court with ease. In order for the celtics to pull out this series, their bench will have to play a major role, if not bigger than the starting 5 in order to defeat the magic. 

Celtics looking healthy and dangerous. rajon has been a nightmare matchup for anybody. big baby and tony allen have been solid off the bench. i think the C's take it in 7.

C's got the depth and size to go up against the lakers. i'm still not convinced that d12 can stay out of foul trouble vs. a team like the lakers or C's.

I can't wait for this now, Just so you guys can watch as the Boston bench shows up and plays with energy while Orlando's just stands around the 3 pt line waiting for Jameer to make a play for them to get an open look. and for the record Big Baby>Gortat. J-will is washed up. The only guys who will make a difference off the bench for them is Pietrous and JJ. But thats if JJ has his jumper on. When I say the Celtics bench, I'm really only talking about the guys who play, so Big Baby, Sheed, and TA. Sheed can either come up huge, or do nothing, so we will have to see how that goes. So in conclusion we have Big Baby and TA vs. Pietrous and JJ. Calling it now that Davis and TA have a bigger impact on the series than JJ and MP, hell throw I'll throw in Gortat just because I know he won't be the difference maker.

dont really care who comes out of this series

i just wanna see some good basketball
pimp.gif

How don't we have an advantage on the bench? Half of the Celtics bench doesn't show up. I don't even think Rondo is gonna be the key to the Celtics success, I think it's Paul Pierce. The key to us winning the series is keeping Dwight Howard on the floor. Kendrick Perkins is an excellent post defender, so Dwight has to play smart and not force the issue. We also need to maintain our offensive efficiency. 

I havent watch hardly any Orlando games this year.

But im suprised Jameer avg only 5 asst.

A friend at the game told me because they're playing the Celtics, Stuff the mascot is blue instead of his usual green.
laugh.gif

Here's to a good game.

Perkins is easily the best man on man post defender in the NBA. Dwight is already struggling to establish posisiton on him.

Interesting observation, no double team needed on D12= bad shots for the Magic. And there defense has been horrible, C's getting whatever they want. It's still early though.

Back
Top Bottom