Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

the magic and the cavs were so pre-occupied with putting together teams to beat each other, that they forgot about putting together a team to beat the C's......

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Orlando was one of the best team's in the regular season, if you ignore that you're just a hater.

It wasn't their fault they crushed the first two rounds, I don't know how you can hold that against them. No one can defend how they're playing this series though. Between the Celtics great defense, AWFUL shooting, big players disappearing when it matters most, plus the Celtics are on fire, they've just got completely outmatched this series. They're a better team than how they're playing, they just hit a rough patch and they've unraveled at the seams.

That "AWFUL" shooting is a direct result of Boston's D. Can you think of a shot that Boston didn't contest in this series?
They're running cats down at the three point line and forcing someone from the Magic to beat them off the dribble.
They are playing like they did when they won a championship and as a diehard Laker fan, I cannot WAIT.

I thought if youre laying down flat and have possession which Rondo clearly had (hand on top of the ball) and you get up before you dribble thats a travel

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

I thought if youre laying down flat and have possession which Rondo clearly had (hand on top of the ball) and you get up before you dribble thats a travel
I thought it was a travel at the time it happened as well, but it's possible that a hand on top of the ball isn't really considered possession.

Kryptonite at every Magic home game

royce-reed.jpg

laugh.gif

whoa who said boston were under dogs?
they were basically playing injured the entire season until now they have their squad relatively healthy.. boston has a very stacked team

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by DT43

since when can a player on the ground with the ball just get up and start dribbling?
he didn't have possession of the ball when he went down.

Jalen rose is killing me.. dude used to be shy as hell and now he's actually becoming a pretty funny TV guy
laugh.gif
so any player who dives for a loose ball and gets it can then get up and start dribbling?

I don't remember being able to do that
laugh.gif
It doesn't matter though. My team is playing like straight #!%+
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Orlando is done stick a fork in them. I dont' care what people say. I think Dwight and the rest of that team is overrated. How you gonna let some 30 years old plus dudes beat you by 20+ points all 3 games. SVG better hope he doesnt get fired after Monday

Maybe because they're a better unit (TEAM) 
indifferent.gif
. We're better talent wise this year, but Hedo isn't better than Vince. Hedo was a playmaker and that's what we lacked. So was Rafer Alston. Hell we don't even play Anthony Johnson anymore
smh.gif
And we play with 4 players on the court for most of the game. 

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by DT43

since when can a player on the ground with the ball just get up and start dribbling?
he didn't have possession of the ball when he went down.

Jalen rose is killing me.. dude used to be shy as hell and now he's actually becoming a pretty funny TV guy
laugh.gif
so any player who dives for a loose ball and gets it can then get up and start dribbling?

I don't remember being able to do that
laugh.gif
It doesn't matter though. My team is playing like straight #!%+
smh.gif

Stern gave Rerun that LBJ exception. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Celtics playing D like this and the Lakers scoring the way they are. This finals could be be good. Only if the refs allow them to play and not call BS.

I think the Lakers are scoring the way they are because they haven't faced defense like this (Boston).

I hope Boston plays really physical with LA, that might be their only chance. LA usually starts whining once pushed...

Dwight needs to hit up Hakeem this summer down in Houston. With his physical gifts he should be doing better than this...he's literally a bigger Ben Wallace out there. The only post move he seems to have added to his game is that Pat Ewing hook shot going across the lane.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Dwight needs to hit up Hakeem this summer down in Houston. With his physical gifts he should be doing better than this...he's literally a bigger Ben Wallace out there. The only post move he seems to have added to his game is that Pat Ewing hook shot going across the lane.

This

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the magic and the cavs were so pre-occupied with putting together teams to beat each other, that they forgot about putting together a team to beat the C's......
Yep. Very true.

Orlando will most likely come out to a strong start in G4. But I'm sure Boston will eventually find their legs by the 2nd or 3rd quarter and finish the Magic off.

9b1410c0825ea56759214fa4a152f385-getty-98836937cc021_orlando_magic.jpg

ee2b972031fc50593ac31386dcbeb12c-getty-98836937cc023_orlando_magic.jpg

8490fa251ee522b341caca9c0105eccb-getty-98836937cc022_orlando_magic.jpg

8891209e4c24afbfd72bdc0aad335c28-getty-98836937cc027_orlando_magic.jpg

b7af8448f03d78eda9c44e87111906d1-getty-98836937cc028_orlando_magic.jpg

52f8c7545c4f56f18757cd57995fedf9-getty-98836937cc059_orlando_magic.jpg

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Orlando was one of the best team's in the regular season, if you ignore that you're just a hater.

It wasn't their fault they crushed the first two rounds, I don't know how you can hold that against them. No one can defend how they're playing this series though. Between the Celtics great defense, AWFUL shooting, big players disappearing when it matters most, plus the Celtics are on fire, they've just got completely outmatched this series. They're a better team than how they're playing, they just hit a rough patch and they've unraveled at the seams.

That "AWFUL" shooting is a direct result of Boston's D. Can you think of a shot that Boston didn't contest in this series?
They're running cats down at the three point line and forcing someone from the Magic to beat them off the dribble.
They are playing like they did when they won a championship and as a diehard Laker fan, I cannot WAIT.
Yes, there have been plenty of uncontested shots by the Magic, and they still miss them.  And I literally said right before the awful shooting that the Celtics were playing great D.  There's no doubt Orlando has disappeared this series, but the Celtics D have played a major role.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

Orlando is pitiful. No heart

i blame VC
laugh.gif
I don't know why people keep saying that. Dude can't do what he used to do. Lewis and Williams have no heart. J-Will is just a straight up bum now. 

smh.gif
@ the Magic playing like they caught all of their moms in an orgy with Magic Johnson. I really don't care if they win. I just wanted a decent series.

This would be easier to watch if the effort was there. Or "some" effort, at least. Even Pietrus came into this series ice cold. This team is suffering from lack of preparation, both mental and physical. On the flip side, a finals rematch (albeit, not in consecutive years) is just what the doctor ordered in this current era of the NBA. The teams involved are icing on the cake.

We look good in this series, it will need to transcend to the Finals. It's going to be a war here come next week.

Back
Top Bottom