Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

The Magic have no soul or heart. Said it in the Clev/Bos series, one of those two teams would go to the finals. Damn elbow, Mike Brown, and Gloria James

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

How you gonna let some 30 years old plus dudes beat you by 20+ points all 3 games.  
2qur9qs.jpg

As stated in the title this series is officially OVER!!!! orlando has no heart, no charisma, no drive, no desire. This team self-imploded. I'm happy for KG and ray-ray to get a shot a another ring before their careers come to a close, BUT the lake show are playing well also and kobe bean bryant is playing like he's on a mission. Ima say lakers in 6 but wouldn't be surprised it goes 7. Its gonna be a very good finals matchup of course. Hell if it wasnt for KG being out last season we probably would've seen another back-to-back-to-back finals rematch consisting of lakers and celtics. 
Thankfully orlando wont take a huge hit come free agency. Only notable free agents are JJ, j-will, and AJ. I see otis keeping JJ but neither white chocolate nor beetlejuice are coming back. Hopefully when we move into our new arena next year it will provide some real "Magic" 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

The NBA is obviously rigged

You sound salty because your team can't cut it. Like the poster above you stated, if KG doesn't go down last year it would have been a rematch in the Finals. We are finally healthy and more importantly, we are playing defense again. I really would like to face the Lakers in the Finals, should be epic.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

The NBA is obviously rigged

I know you are huge magic fan as well as me, but it is time for us to realize that the celts are the more seasoned championship caliber team. We just simply ran into a brick wall. A team still trying to prove to others that they aren't as "old" as others stated. Time to throw in the white towel and keep it moving. We can say there's always next year 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

How you gonna let some 30 years old plus dudes beat you by 20+ points all 3 games.  
2qur9qs.jpg
laugh.gif
if you watched all the games you know the score was not that close in the 1st,2nd,3rd quarters when the Boston starters was in.

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

It's a shame when your back up PG is more upset about being on the brink of elimination than one of your starters.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the magic and the cavs were so pre-occupied with putting together teams to beat each other, that they forgot about putting together a team to beat the C's......
Yep. Very true.

Orlando will most likely come out to a strong start in G4. But I'm sure Boston will eventually find their legs by the 2nd or 3rd quarter and finish the Magic off.

What gives you the impression what Orlando will start out strong in game 4?

Originally Posted by AG 47

It's a shame when your back up PG is more upset about being on the brink of elimination than one of your starters.
it's also a shame when the backup PG gets out-hustled to a loose ball...

boston is winning this series regardless but tomorrow night will show if the magic have heart or not. if they go out play hard and steal game 4 to prolong the series or give boston a challenge tomorrow night then at least they didn't quit in a way that's similar to how the hawks quit when they played orlando.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well of course he got out-hustled by the younger/better Rondo... old #%@ J-Will isn't diving for any loose balls any time soon.
Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

D. Howard is becoming a flop

just a big body there doing nothing
A flop? Doing nothing? Come on..

I know everyone is disappointed, and rightfully so, in Dwight's lack of an offensive repertoire, but let's not pretend like he's Kwame Brown out there.  Two time defensive player of the year, arguably one of the top centers, the best defensive big man in the game, and he has some game on offense.  He can put up a soft jump hook, he can back a player down, he can have finesse in his game, just never consistently.  Sure if he wants to be a dominant all-around player, he needs a consistent game, but he can score and does.  People calling him a taller Ben Wallace is an overexaggeration or calling him a bum/flop.

He came into the league as an athletic freak but unproven as a big man, he's shown to be a defensive monster, uses his athleticism to his advantage on offense, but lacks the essential big man fundamentals to be a all-time great.  That's who he is.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well of course he got out-hustled by the younger/better Rondo... old #%@ J-Will isn't diving for any loose balls any time soon.

My man...there's a difference between hustling your !+! off and coming up short, and not hustling and coming up short....Jason Williams was the latter.  You're making excuses. 

I know everyone is disappointed, and rightfully so, in Dwight's lack of an offensive repertoire, but let's not pretend like he's Kwame Brown out there.  Two time defensive player of the year, arguably one of the top centers, the best defensive big man in the game, and he has some game on offense.  He can put up a soft jump hook, he can back a player down, he can have finesse in his game, just never consistently.  Sure if he wants to be a dominant all-around player, he needs a consistent game, but he can score and does.  People calling him a taller Ben Wallace is an overexaggeration or calling him a bum/flop.

He came into the league as an athletic freak but unproven as a big man, he's shown to be a defensive monster, uses his athleticism to his advantage on offense, but lacks the essential big man fundamentals to be a all-time great.  That's who he is.
when a franchise builds around a player he needs to be consistent

when Lewis, Nelson, Barnes and Carter aren't hitting from the perimeter they can't even count on Howard to make a basket two feet away
eyes.gif

everytime he does that hook shot I cringe
laugh.gif

until he develops a good offensive game, he's just a big body in the paint with his hands up

Well said.

My man...there's a difference between hustling your !+! off and coming up short, and not hustling and coming up short....Jason Williams was the latter.  You're making excuses. 

Oh I know, but it seemed like you were surprised J-Will wasn't sprinting and diving on the floor like Rondo was, he's still solid for his age, but he completely gave up and Rondo out-hustled him.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the magic and the cavs were so pre-occupied with putting together teams to beat each other, that they forgot about putting together a team to beat the C's......
Yep. Very true.

Orlando will most likely come out to a strong start in G4. But I'm sure Boston will eventually find their legs by the 2nd or 3rd quarter and finish the Magic off.

What gives you the impression what Orlando will start out strong in game 4?
The Game 3 was there a critical game and the Celtics just took a semi dull chainsaw to their hopes. I doubt they even have the heart to go out fighting like Dwade did in that one game.

the magic are going to make it 2 boston sports teams blowing 3-0 leads in a 2 week span starting tonight.

i'm joking about that, but lets hope for a good game and a magic victory because i like having basketball to watch on the off days in the lakers series.

Yea, lets slow down on the Dwight being a flop thing alittle. He's not the best offensive player, we all knwo that. But everything else he brings to the table is dominant (most times).

He's still young though, so he could improve on his offense & post ups. I don't see him being ahhge threat offensivly, but can definitly bring it up another level.

We'll see how Orlando does tonight. I don't have much faith in them considering the magnitude of game 3 & how they came out.

Back
Top Bottom